CAG NHL 11 Hockey League-Start up thread

ajh2298

CAGiversary!
Feedback
181 (100%)
Looking to maybe get a small league of dedicated owners to play through a season or two of games over the fall/winter. Please post in this thread if you are interested and will be picking up the game sometime soon after the Tuesday release date. Team choice will be first come first serve and will be looking for around between 12-20 team owners. If the game handles leagues like it has in the past few years you will have to play each other owner twice in the regular season and you can play each other in any order you would want. I would be willing to do some kind of loose based schedule if other owners think that would work better.

Plaease post below your XBL Gamertag and your team choice.

ajh2298/Pittsburgh Penguins

Oooh, PREEEEEETTY!

Haha, there's just no way I could keep up with doing as many leagues as you do...and I don't even go out much. I'd never get anything done musically and my wife would probably be pissed if I had an "appointment" every night to play a league game. I don't even think I'll do this league. Having 2 CAG Hockey Nights a week, plus the HUT stuff, that will take up plenty of time as is. Good luck to you guys, though!

That's the thing... I'm not married. I'm sure that makes a huge difference. But UFC takes maybe 45 minutes at most for 2 fights once a week; Madden takes less than an hour for a game and I do that twice a week; and MLB 10, when people actually play, takes an hour or so. Really, it doesn't take up much time for me.

[quote name='Matt Young']That's the thing... I'm not married. I'm sure that makes a huge difference. But UFC takes maybe 45 minutes at most for 2 fights once a week; Madden takes less than an hour for a game and I do that twice a week; and MLB 10, when people actually play, takes an hour or so. Really, it doesn't take up much time for me.[/QUOTE]

You're forgetting NBA 2K11 which comes out a month after NHL. Plus Halo Reach multiplayer. Seriously, that's enough to necessitate a date book, hahaha.

I didn't even get NBA2K last year, and Halo doesn't require a commitment. I can just play that whenever, even though I expect whenever to be a lot.

[quote name='DestroVega']DestroVega... Columbus Blue Jackets.

I hope we can set a hard line amount of games per week.[/QUOTE]

Any suggestions? I'd say at least 2 per week, but if we're playing each opponent twice, we should be able to play both those games in one sitting, and then I'd suggest 2 opponents (4 games per week).

It shouldn't take more than 1 hour to play 2 games so 2 hours per week isn't that much of a commitment to ask of people as far as I'm concerned. The only potential problem would be time zone differences, but I'm sure we can manage. In the end, it's up to ajh.

I kind of want to do either one set of games every four days or two sets every week if that makes any kind of sense. I know with the open scheduling the game has its really hard to plan set games out. It ends up being a real free-for-all as far as games goes with the really active players getting their games done a ton faster then the less active guys. My thought is if we try to do some kind of schedule the more active guys will push the less active ones to keep up.

Also would anybody be against playing each other three times during the regular season?

That's what I was suggesting: 2 sets every week. I'll still play if we face each other 3 times, but I think 2 would work much better as far as getting things done. I'm in regardless.

[quote name='Matt Young']That's what I was suggesting: 2 sets every week. I'll still play if we face each other 3 times, but I think 2 would work much better as far as getting things done. I'm in regardless.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking if we end up with like 10-12 owners doing 3 games against each other anything above that we go just with the two.

That seems like a little much, though. That's 30-ish games, and we have had seasons shorter than that go unfinished in the past.

[quote name='Matt Young']That seems like a little much, though. That's 30-ish games, and we have had seasons shorter than that go unfinished in the past.[/QUOTE]

Well the does seem a little much once you put it like that so two games it is.

Widowmaker636- Buffalo Sabres. BTW this would be my first time joining an online league. When this is ready to start could someone pm me about how all of this is going to work. Thanks
Oh yea Today is the day!!!! NHL 11 drops

bread's done
Back