Gaming headset recommendation

evilboi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
interested in buying a good sound system gaming headset used mainly for music, gaming and movies. any recommendation? or any headsets with a USB connection can be used for PS3?

Almost every USB headset will work with the PS3 -- don't need one that says "PlayStation 3" on it. The vast majority of Bluetooth ones will work as well. Here's a partial list of bluetooth ones that are confirmed to work:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bluetooth_headsets_compatible_with_PlayStation_3
Beyond that, most is just preference -- primarily whether you want a over-the-headset or just a single-ear over-the-ear (the former will allow you to have stereo sound, rather than mono, and some will have noise-canceling features, if that's something you're wanting)

I got the Tritton AX 180 on sale for $50. I love this thing. I'm not really an audiophile or anything, so for the price and quality, you can't really beat it. They work on PC/360/PS3/Wii and even ipod or anything with a headphone jack if you're near something to plug the USB into.. Also if you have audio out on your TV they will work on cable or whatever as well.

Anyway I don't think that sale is still going on and I'm not sure the current price, but if you're on somewhat of a budget I haven't really found any negatives with the AX180s, especially for the price.

I got my video going through hdmi and then I got my audio going through my av cables. I got an av to audio hookup so that my sennheiser headphones could be used.

Use the PSeye as a mic.

PS3 can pretty much use any headphone, head set and such. As long as you got the right tools for it.

If your headset has a mic you can use the singstar mic setup to hookup your headset mic. It can even be the ps2 version, they all work with the ps3.

Isn't sony coming out with some surround sound headphones with a mic built in soon? It will come with the new medal of honor game bundled in. I'm going to look at those, I really want surround sound and having the mic built in saves hassle. They won't be cheap but then, what is...

[quote name='iwannadie']Isn't sony coming out with some surround sound headphones with a mic built in soon? It will come with the new medal of honor game bundled in. I'm going to look at those, I really want surround sound and having the mic built in saves hassle. They won't be cheap but then, what is...[/QUOTE]

any source? any pics?

[quote name='evilboi']any source? any pics?[/QUOTE]

I think they are ugly as hell but still I am tempted to get them.

Also, surround sound headphone uses many speakers they are not stereo...

[quote name='panzerfaust']The price hasn't been announced for those yet?[/QUOTE]

I don't think an official US price has been set but they are supposedly in the $150 range for the ga500 and less for the ga200 prolly in the $75-100 range. Both come with the game though.

[quote name='B Money']is it even worth getting a headset for the PSN? How many people actually have them and use them?[/QUOTE]

Way more than in the past. And if you play with friends or people on here, they almost always have them.

I use the Socom1 USB headset. It works really well, the only bad thing is that its wired but at least it is long.

If you can find one, the old PS2 USB Headsets that came with SOCOM US Navy seals are still pretty good quality considering how old they are and that they didn't cost extra.

I use one for Starcraft 2 on the PC and I'm gonna use it for my PS3.

I found 1 used at gamestop for 9.99

[quote name='hustletron']If you can find one, the old PS2 USB Headsets that came with SOCOM US Navy seals are still pretty good quality considering how old they are and that they didn't cost extra.[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause:That's my ghetto setup right there. No need for a $50-100 headset when a $10 PC USB one works just fine.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause::applause:That's my ghetto setup right there. No need for a $50-100 headset when a $10 PC USB one works just fine.[/QUOTE]

And there is no need for stereo when you can get surround sound. To each his own. It really depends on what game you are playing....there are some multiplayer games where you would be hampered by stereo only....others not so much.

The Tritton's are good....and the Turtle Beach ones are not bad either, but it really depends on your preferences. You can go cheaper, but I know the Tritton's work with the 360, PS3, and PC.

[quote name='B Money']what is the best quality wireless headset for the least amount? or does it not really matter?[/QUOTE]

As long as you have a bluetooth headset, it can connect to the ps3 and act as your headset.

This is a great guide:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General/Bluetooth-Headset-Guide/m-p/26900460

If you look at the list, anything from jabra will be on the cheaper side while still being a good quality BT headset.

I have the Official PS3 headset, which a great bluetooth headset and the stand function is amazing.

If you happen to have a PSeye, then you are set, because it is also a mic.

bread's done
Back