How the HECK am I Gold status already?

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!
Not an important thread, I'm just marveling that I'm somehow well into my Gold status for this year already. I've been Platinum both of the prior two years, DESPITE feeling like I don't connect with Nintendo anymore. I abhor gimmicks, and I like powerful hardware 'cause I like new gameplay and better graphics...

EXCEPT I've also felt like Nintendo's started putting more of a focus back on games again over gimicks this past year or so. THREE Mario games on one platform? Haven't had that since the NES.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll make platinum at this rate, assuming I get through enough of my backlog to actually do the post-play surveys in time :lol:

I'd like to know how the heck I'm 90 points away from Platinum already this year, and then I look at my DS collection. Phoenix Wright on WiiWare and my fiance upgrading to a DSi XL helped out big time.

I got an XL too...so maybe that's why LOL.

Of course RIGHT after I buy it, they release a blue one. I'm sure I would have gone for that, although actually the brown one probably looks classier.

He got the blue one when Target was running its free Pokemon game promotion a few weeks ago. The brand new Heart Gold we picked up is going to a work buddy along with the old DS.

America's Test Kitchen and a half-dozen post-play surveys topped me off for platinum status.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Not an important thread, I'm just marveling that I'm somehow well into my Gold status for this year already. I've been Platinum both of the prior two years, DESPITE feeling like I don't connect with Nintendo anymore. I abhor gimmicks, and I like powerful hardware 'cause I like new gameplay and better graphics...

EXCEPT I've also felt like Nintendo's started putting more of a focus back on games again over gimicks this past year or so. THREE Mario games on one platform? Haven't had that since the NES.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll make platinum at this rate, assuming I get through enough of my backlog to actually do the post-play surveys in time :lol:[/QUOTE]

ummm...can you fill me in? What do mean "I'm somehow well into my Gold status" What is gold status you speak of?

I'm not trying to be an ass, but Google really does wonders in cases like this. The first Google result is the Club Nintendo homepage: https://club.nintendo.com/home.do

As for Gold status, I'm surprised that I'm Gold status this year too. I guess it helped that I have a family account and one of the members added a bunch of games and stuff (Wii Fit really helps, that's like 1/3 Gold status right there).

At this rate, I'll be Platinum this year. That would be great.

I'm really trying not to be an ass, but did you even go to the Club Nintendo Homepage? One of the links in the center of the page is "View Rewards" which is conveniently right next to "How It Works."

I mean really.

It must be the 12 years you've been alive, huh?

EDIT: I'm gold status too, no biggie. I'm close to platinum status. Kirby and something else will put me there.

Last edited by a moderator:
After the post-play survey that will become available in a week, I'll have 400 coins for this year and 790 total. Not bad since I only became a Club Nintendo member in May :D.

Are the Hanafuda cards worth the 800 points? Or are they something that you'd probably want to store as a collector's item?

On Tuesday I will be Platinum status.

Which is cool, except that i did the I2B on like 5 games that I'm going to be buying in the near future. I'd like to get Platinum for next year too, but losing that many coins....

Decisions.

Not sure what you mean about losing coins.

I'd have a lot more points if I ever actually play (and thus do the post play surveys) of the 90 games in my list :lol:

Missing out on would be more accurate. I'm not losing coins, I just won't get the bonus coins for doing Intend to Buy and Early Registration (within 1 month of the game's release).

And you know that the post-play surveys don't technically have to be done after you play the game right? I don't do the post-play surveys after I beat a game (oh god, I'd never do any of them then). I get a couple levels in and base the survey on that.

Well, I mean I do them after I'm done with the game whether I could finish it or not, but I'm not even starting them :whistle2:o Gigantic backlog and all :lol:

Geez, somehow I'm only 30 coins away from Platinum status, and I have a million post play surveys to do once I actually get to the games...and for that matter, I plan on buying at least two more Nintendo games this year (maybe three).

I purposely left some surveys and game registrations on my to do list after I reached 600 last year. I'm already up to 300 now and I have about 160 in surveys to do. That's not counting the few games I didn't register yet. So I'm probably already at platinum without even buying anything :)

Yeah, when I hit platinum last year I completely quit doing surveys or anything. I held on to any new registration thingees I got until after June or July or whenever it is.

I think I'll be doing that even earlier this year! If I play any games with surveys before June or whatever, I'll just write up my thoughts on it so I can remember for when I do the survey.

Wow. Less than 3 months later and I just hit Platinum. Over half a year left before I can register anything or do any surveys!

This year I managed to hit 600 exactly-my last two things were doing a Netflix survey and a post play survey on Sin & Punishment. For a scrolling shooter I actually kind of enjoyed it...until I got stuck on the third level, so forget that. Like that there was an actual story though...

Oh well, given I'll have 7 months of surveys and stuff, I can't imagine how fast I'll hit stuff NEXT year!

bread's done
Back