Buy a Launch Copy of Knights In the Nightmare (PSP), Get Yggdra Union (PSP) FREE!

Darknuke

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
kitnpspyggdrabonuse.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
interesting, but if you buy the KitN digital copy, how are they going to cross reference that to give you the free title? Wonder if for the digital copies you must pre-order??

It says that if you buy a launch copy, whether in PSN or retail, you'll get a digital copy of the game. They probably email you a digital code for the game if you don't buy a hard copy. I think it's for pre-orders only.

It's not preorder
All you have to do is buy the game when it's released and you get it, that's why it says on the PSN you get the free game too.

I'm assuming it's for pre-ordering through Amazon. The pre-order button on the official website leads to Amazon.

[quote name='puresewas1de']I'm assuming it's for pre-ordering through Amazon. The pre-order button on the official website leads to Amazon.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I didn't even try that:)

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Wow, that's really cool. I don't know anything about KitN, but I've always wanted to play Yggdra Union.[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here. I hope it is easy to get, not a mess like that Darksiders/Red Faction deal (of which I never got my Red Faction)

Sold.

$30 for two games? Can't beat that.

Gotta love the aggressive stance these publishers are taking on PSP games.

Now if only all the publishers would drop the new releases from $40 to $30, we'd be set.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Does anyone know if you will get it when you get Knights or will it be a mail-in offer?[/QUOTE]

It says on the ad that Yggdra Union is a digital copy... you will download it right off the PSN with the voucher inside the box for Knightmare.

I love Atlus games. Though, I probably won't bite considering I have both games for their respective Nintendo systems and Yggdra Union comes in digital format.

[quote name='animalspinners']It says on the ad that Yggdra Union is a digital copy... you will download it right off the PSN with the voucher inside the box for Knightmare.[/QUOTE]

Eww guess I'm going to have to invest in a bigger memory stick for my PSP rather then the 1GB I have now. (unless YU is under 300MB since I already have Prinny, and some other games on there)

I might jump on this, not really wanting a digital copy, when there are physical copies of Yggdra Union still available at retailers near me like Gamestop.

Personally, I found KitN to be a really underwhelming game, but I can appreciate its distinct gameplay mechanics. At the time when I played it for DS, it was one of the most original games I had played for the system, especially for an RPG. Yggdra Union, on the other hand, is an awesome game and I recommend it to all you people on the fence about getting KitN.

if Yggdra Union for the psp is the same one as the GBA verison dont see why people say its a great game...

Final boss you just keep sending your troops in till the final boss has 1 HP and then you need to use the special card for the kill...

Its a fun game up to that point but the ending is a major letdown

[quote name='jacknicklson']Launch copies should still be around when it hits $20 or less, awesome![/QUOTE]

Yeah I wonder how they judge a "launch copy" for digital downloaders. Is it gonna be day one buyers only or a set amount sold digitally will come with it?

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Eww guess I'm going to have to invest in a bigger memory stick for my PSP rather then the 1GB I have now. (unless YU is under 300MB since I already have Prinny, and some other games on there)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have Yggdra Union from PSN already and its size on my PSP (looking at the game info at it) is 534MB.

Hmm, thinking about getting this from Gamestop for $19.99 with a $10 code. I've never played an Atlus game though, so I'm not totally sure what to expect.

[quote name='illennium']Hmm, thinking about getting this from Gamestop for $19.99 with a $10 code.[/QUOTE]
Ditto.

[quote name='illennium']Hmm, thinking about getting this from Gamestop for $19.99 with a $10 code. I've never played an Atlus game though, so I'm not totally sure what to expect.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind it's not techncially an Atlus game. This game is from Sting, the same people that brought you Yggdra Union (obviously), Riviera: The Promised Land, among some other titles. You might want to see some videos, the game is a bit overwhelming the first time you see it, but I found it pretty entertaining.

[quote name='illennium']Hmm, thinking about getting this from Gamestop for $19.99 with a $10 code. I've never played an Atlus game though, so I'm not totally sure what to expect.[/QUOTE]

Oh man... Atlus is like the last good traditional RPG making companies (along with Nippon Ichi) and really one of the last to still support Strategy RPGs (my all-time favorite genre). I love Atlus games. I can't say they are ALL good, but there a large number of them that are, especially in the PS2 era. When I say Atlus games, I mean the ones they make and the ones they publish.

On that note, Volcynika is right. KitN is a CRAZY overwhelming game to learn at first. There are a ton of tutorials that are very helpful though so if you can get past the learning curve, you might find something you like. It wasn't my cup of tea, but like I said before, I appreciate the uniqueness and I know some people will enjoy that (I quit after around 8-10 hours of gameplay).

If you order this from gamestop, you can use SAVE50 code to get another used game 50% off after edge. I just preordered and got Madden 11 PS3 discounted to 19.35 plus tax.

[quote name='Volcynika']Yeah, I have Yggdra Union from PSN already and its size on my PSP (looking at the game info at it) is 534MB.[/QUOTE]

Hmm..I actually maybe able to delete some videos and manage that. Thanks.

SO getting this once I get my Amazon credit for Castlevania next month. Can't beat 2 games for $9.99! Thanks OP!

[quote name='slidecage']if Yggdra Union for the psp is the same one as the GBA verison dont see why people say its a great game...

Final boss you just keep [/QUOTE]

Good call discussing the final battle in a thread full of people excited about a game they have never played.

If this game is similar to DS version I can give you a little warning, you have to endure the 1 hour - 1 1/2 hour of tutorials when you begin the game. Unlike many games, where you have a slow learning progression as you go further in this game. This game teaches the whole game mechanics right off the bat. I highly advise not skipping them or you will truly get lost in this game. At least the tutorials in game are well done. Still..... you probably want to revisit the tutorial section in later part of game to gradually understand the game mechanics . Learning all the mechanics in one shot can be extremely overwhelming. If people are willing to spend the time and effort learning the tutorials, it might be worth the investment due to it's unique game play and interesting story.

I can't really go in deep details about the game mechanics since it is really hard to explain without videos or pictures.

[quote name='slidecage']if Yggdra Union for the psp is the same one as the GBA verison dont see why people say its a great game...

Final boss you just keep sending your troops in till the final boss has 1 HP and then you need to use the special card for the kill...

Its a fun game up to that point but the ending is a major letdown[/QUOTE]

Umm.. that an optional boss fight. You can completely ignore it. The psp version have a big improvement over gba due fast forward button. You can greatly speed up the majority of battle, which is good for card grinding or fighting your typical battles. If you play the gba, it's probably not worth revisiting unless you really really like this game.

so does anyone know what enhancement is included in the Knight PSP version? or is this just a direct PORT from the DS? thanks

[quote name='agentghost']so does anyone know what enhancement is included in the Knight PSP version? or is this just a direct PORT from the DS? thanks[/QUOTE]

It look like a slightly enhanced port with very minor improvements. I have no idea much content is added remastered visual and sounds or Yggdra mode. Most of time these type of things are very minor.

- Remastered visuals and sounds
- Optimized controls
- New Opening
- Princess Yggdra mode to get her Point of View

For more information, go to CAG KITN thread
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264025

Hey, thanks for the terrific info, fatbeer! I'll likely bite on this deal based on your update information.

One question for you KitN folks, though. If I, a bonehead, enjoyed Dissidia and all its convoluted gameplay and mechanics for 65+ hours (and unlocked a ton of stuff - that was like landing on the moon on a go-kart for me, folks), would the intricacies of KitN be within reach form me? I own the DS version, but got sidetracked midway through the tutorial, and yes, I know KitN is a totally different game. :)

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Hey, thanks for the terrific info, fatbeer! I'll likely bite on this deal based on your update information.

One question for you KitN folks, though. If I, a bonehead, enjoyed Dissidia and all its convoluted gameplay and mechanics for 65+ hours (and unlocked a ton of stuff - that was like landing on the moon on a go-kart for me, folks), would the intricacies of KitN be within reach form me? I own the DS version, but got sidetracked midway through the tutorial, and yes, I know KitN is a totally different game. :)[/QUOTE]

There is a pretty easy solution to this: Play through the tutorial on the DS version, if you still own it. It is supposed to be incredibly complex, so I don't think your enjoyment of Dissidia will have much of a bearing on it.

The PlayStation Blog has some info about the deal including some comments that have been answered

ManaKnight | September 8th, 2010 at 2:18 pm
I just preordered the game from Amazon a few days ago. Does that mean my copy with come with a code somehow?
Glad I heard this now ATLUS, because I was almost about to track down Yggdra Union on PSP.

Aram Jabbari | September 8th, 2010 at 2:22 pm
ManaKnight,
Retail copies, like the one you’ve pre-ordered, will contain a voucher code inside the case. PlayStation Network purchases will be provided with the game digitally following the transaction.

bread's done
Back