MNT DEW Halo contest

coldsteel3470

CAGiversary!
http://www.honorthecode.com/#/home

is the site to enter cap codes and codes from Doritos chips.

OFFICIAL RULES pdf

NOTE: MODS say NO forming teams on SD via forums or PMs, as it is considered self-promo.

begins September 5, 2010 at 12:00:01 a.m. ET
and ends November 27, 2010 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET

open to legal residents of the U.S. residing in one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia
who are seventeen (17) years of age or older at the time of entry.

A maximum of 750 Code entries per person throughout the Promotion Period.
Limit one Account per person.
Each person can only enter Codes into one Account under one registration. If a person enters Codes into multiple Accounts, then Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may void any such Codes and Accounts.

WHERE TO FIND CODES: Look for a unique ten (10)-character alphanumeric code (each, a “Code”) underneath orange bottle caps onspecially-marked 20 oz. and 1-liter bottles of Mountain Dew products. Participating 20 oz. bottle brands include: Mountain Dew, Diet Mountain Dew®, Mountain Dew Code Red®, Mountain Dew Live Wire®, andMountain Dew Voltage®. Participating 1-liter bottle brands include: Mountain Dew and Diet Mountain Dew. Codes can also be found on specially marked 2.125 oz, 2.875 oz. and 12 oz. bags of DORITOS®NACHO CHEESE® and DORITOS® COOL RANCH® flavored Tortilla Chips while supplies last and for a limited time in some markets. Not all brands and package sizes may participate or be available in all areas.
GAME PIECE/CODE VERIFICATION: All caps/game pieces and Codes are subject to verification at the sole discretion of Sponsor.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY:
To receive one (1) free game piece and a copy of these Official Rules, while supplies last,
send your name and complete address postmarked on or before November 13, 2010 to:
Honor the Code
P.O. Box 760013,
El Paso, TX 88576-0013.
Limit one (1) free game piece request per hand- addressed stamped outer envelope

CHOOSE HOW TO PLAY:
Eligible individuals will have to choose, at the time of registration, whether they will play independently as a “Lone Wolf” or as a member ofa Noble Team (defined below).
Limit of one (1) method of play per Participant throughout the Promotion Period.

Lone Wolf:
Participants who register on the Website and choose to play as a Lone Wolf may enter sweepstakes’ drawings scheduled to be conducted every fifteen (15) minutes throughout the Promotion Period.

Noble Team Member:
Teams consisting of between one (1) and six (6) people (“Noble
Team”) can combine their Codes to enter daily sweepstakes’ drawings towin a prize for each member (at the time of entry) of that Noble Team. Noble Team drawings are scheduled to be conducted once per day throughout the Promotion Period.

To be eligible, each Noble Team must:
(a) designate a Noble Team leader who must go to the Website and follow the directions on how register. During registration, the Noble Team Leader will be required to:
(i) provide the names and email addresses for each of the potential Noble Team member; and
(ii) confirm that the Noble Team leader is authorized to submit Codes on behalf of each Noble Team member in connection with a sweepstakes drawing.

(b) consist of at least one (1) person and no more than six (6) people.
(c) confirm that each Noble Team member is at least 17 years old and a legal resident of the United States or District of Columbia. Noble Team members must also register, confirm their status as a Noble Team member in order to “join” that Noble Team and confirm the Noble Team leader is responsible for allocating entries on behalf of the Noble Team.

NOTE: At the time of registration, the Noble Team leader may enter up to a total of 10 names/e-mail address of potential Noble Team members. In the event a potential Noble Team member does not respond prior to the Noble Team reaching the maximum of six (6) people, the potential Noble Team member will become ineligible to join that Noble Team. However, the affected individual may start their own Noble Team, be invited to join another Noble Team or register and play as a Lone Wolf.

ENTER CODE(S) INTO YOUR ACCOUNT: There are two (2) ways to enter Code(s) into your account:

(a) Online: To enter your Code online, follow instructions on screen to enter the Code exactly as it appears and click “submit”.

(b) Text Messaging: During registration, Participants may elect to participate to enter codes via SMS. To enter a Code by SMS text messaging, enter the short code MTDEW (68339) in the “To” field, and then enter your Code exactly as it appears and press “send”. Standard text messaging rates apply as determined by your service provider; you will be charged by your service provider for all text messages sent and received in accordance with your plan. You will receive a text message confirmation that your Code has been received.
Limit one (1) Code entered per text message.

SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY:
(a) Select the Drawing You Wish to Enter: Browse the Website and select the drawing you wish to enter during the Promotion Period (see Rule 9).
Each Lone Wolf Participant can enter sweepstakes drawings scheduled every fifteen (15) minutes.
Each Noble Team can only enter a daily drawing.

(b) Use a Sweepstakes Credit to Enter: To enter a selected drawing, indicate the number of Sweepstakes Credits you wish to redeem (each Sweepstakes Credit you redeem is worth one (1) entry into that drawing) and click “assign codes”. Each time you enter a drawing, the number of Sweepstakes Credits you redeem will be automatically deducted from
your Account. You may allocate as many Sweepstakes Credits into one (1) drawing as you wish, provided enough Sweepstakes Credits are in your Account at the time of entry. Sweepstakes Credits, once used for entry, cannot be refunded, transferred or re-used.

Sweepstakes Credits are valid ONLY for the drawing in which they’re entered and will not be used for any subsequent drawings.

SWEEPSTAKES DRAWINGS:
Lone Wolf Drawings:
One (1) drawing from the Lone Wolf prize category is scheduled to be conducted every fifteen (15) minutes beginning 12:00:01 AM ET 9/05/10 and ending 11:59:59 PM ET 11/27/10 (for up to 8,068 total drawings). Each drawing will be identified by a particular date and time (for example, drawing of September 30 at 2:15 AM). Not all drawings will be open for entry at all times. At any given time, only three (3) day’s worth of drawings will be open for entry (i.e., approximately 288 drawings open at any given time). Each drawing will close for entry at the exact time stated on the Website (except during Website Maintenance).
Upcoming drawings will be updated at 11:59:59 PM ET each day.

Noble Team Drawings:
One (1) drawing from the Noble Team prize category is scheduled to be conducted every day beginning on 9/06/10 and ending on 11/28/10 (for up to 84 total drawings). At any given time, only three (3) day’s worth of drawing will be open for entry (i.e., approximately 3 drawings open at any given time). Each drawing will close for entry at the exact time stated on the Website

PRIZES:
Limit of one (1) prize per person for each prize offered throughout the Promotion Period.

LONE WOLF PRIZING

Xbox LIVE 1 Month gold subscription and wireless controller.
Controller designed by Bungie in sleek silver and complete with a Halo: Reach Banshee vehicle prop for your avatar, the exclusive limited edition controller frees you up to roam the room (up to 30 ft. range) and save humanity.
1,344 $70

Halo: Reach Wireless Headset
Custom designed by Bungie in sleek, game-inspired silver, this exclusive limited edition headset keeps you connected to theteam in online multiplayer game play as you storm the battlefield and save humanity. Xbox LIVE Gold Membership is required for online multiplayer.
1,092 $49

Halo: Reach Limited Edition Xbox 360 Game
In Halo: Reach, the blockbuster prequel to the Halo trilogy, experience the events that transpired on the planet Reach. In addition the Halo: Reach, the Limited Edition comes with game disc housed in recovered ONI “black box,” an exclusive Elite armor set for use in multiplayer modes and an artifact bag containing Dr. Halsey’s personal journal and other classified documents and effects that unravel long held secrets from the Halo universe.
1,932 $79

Halo: Reach Legendary Edition Xbox 360 Game
In Halo: Reach, the blockbuster prequel to the Halo trilogy, experience the events that transpired on the planet Reach. The complete Halo: Reach collection. In addition to the game disc and the complete contents of the Limited Edition, the Legendary Edition includes a Noble Team statue expertly crafted by the artisans at McFarlane Toys. In addition to this, the statute is placed in UNSC-themed custom packaging exclusive and the game includes an exclusive, multiplayer Spartan armor effect – a flaming helmet!
1,008 $150

Xbox 360 4GB Console
The new Xbox 360® 4GB Console. Here today, ready for tomorrow with a brand new, leaner machine. Wi-Fi is built in for easier connection to the world of entertainment on Xbox LIVE, where HD movies and TV stream in an instant. Includes one Xbox 360 black wireless controller.
674 $199

Mountain Dew/Halo: Reach Co-Branded Hoodie (Size XL only)
Mountain Dew and Doritos branded black hooded pullover sweatshirts featuring the Halo: Reach logo and Noble Team emblem. Size XL Black 80/20 Cotton/Polyester.
2,016 $30

Halo: Reach Mongoose ATV
Custom Honda 2010 TRX420 all terrain vehicle and helmet.
420CC automatic transmission ATV customized by multi-award winning WETA Workshop to look and sound like the Mongoose ATV from Halo: Reach.
2 $9,500

NOBLE TEAM PRIZING

Mountain Dew/Halo Reach Co-Branded Hoodie (Size XL only)
Size XL Black 80/20 Cotton/Polyester.
21 $30

Halo Reach Bundle (Halo Reach Legendary Game, Controller
and headset) * See individual prize descriptions
21 $270

XBOX 360 Limited Edition Halo: Reach Console
The Xbox 360® Limited Edition Halo: Reach Console.
This limited offer also includes a copy of the game Halo: Reach, two custom-designed Xbox 360 wireless controllers and a 250GB hard drive.
21 $399

Halo Reach Collectable Art Framed Poster
Limited Edition 21” x 28” framed giclee on paper print of the Halo: Reach artwork titled “Surprise”. Print comes with a certificate of authenticity from Acme Archives.
21 $200

Limit of one (1) prize per person for each prize offered throughout the Promotion Period.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's actually a rather interesting promotion. Quite involved that Noble Team process is. The prizes seem pretty nice too.

It's really too bad since I can't stand Mountain Dew OR Doritos, the worst junk food in the modern world. It's also too bad that the NPN requires you to send in a SASE, since it's hardly no-purchase when you have to use a stamp and wait a number of weeks for a single code.

Still can't find any of the specially-marked Mountain Dew bottles and I really can't stand Doritos. At. All. The Doritos 3D that they had years back were pretty good, why did they have to get rid of those!

I got an email today and a free code. So i have a code balance of 1. But when i try to assign 1 credit to one of the time slots, and hit assign codes, it doesnt do anything. What am i doing wrong?

Was reading up on the contest and over at another site they mention that the fountain cup codes are reusable. Wondering if we'll get the same participation we did with the subway thread? I can't seem to find the bottles/chips/cups with codes anywhere in my area yet though

Here's a heads up:

If you have Xbox Live, log onto the email you have it on, check your Xbox Live emails, and one of them will have one code you can use.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Here's a heads up:

If you have Xbox Live, log onto the email you have it on, check your Xbox Live emails, and one of them will have one code you can use.[/QUOTE]

They don't send me emails even though I opted in. This is the one company I can't get spam from.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Here's a heads up:

If you have Xbox Live, log onto the email you have it on, check your Xbox Live emails, and one of them will have one code you can use.[/QUOTE]

Just checked and it was in their weekly newsletter (which I never read). So now I have 1 code, thanks Pretzle :applause:

So this is really really screwed up, but the doritos code i used...was on the outside of the bag. You could totally hit up 7-11 with your cell phone camera.

ya if you check your emails from xbox mine was about a crackdown 2 DLC and on the bottom said something about the contest and the code was below the picture of halo reach

I'm still waiting for my local stores to start getting product in with the codes on them. We have some of the single serve doritos bags with codes on them , but none of the full size bags , and no mountain dew at all. Still , once the codes are available it shouldn't be too hard for me to get codes , since dew is one of my favorite sodas and doritos are some of my favorite chips.

Rules Verification : It says one account per person , but what about per household? I've formed a (noble) team at work with some friends , but talked to my brothers about opening up a lone wolf account so that we have access to a slighter bigger pool of prizes. Would this be a problem?

I'm hoping to max out at 750 entries. I'm going Lone Wolf hunting down that 4GB Console to replace my old model.

Look out for my Halo Reach Beanie Hat giveaway guys ;D

I have a team on honorthecode.com and if you'd like to join send me a message. Your better off in a team because if one of us wins we all win.

Wow maybe I should have reconsidered that team option instead of going lone wolf.

By the way how many codes do you have?

Me, I am sitting on about 350.

I had 750 codes and entered it into an xbox 360 4gb... I didn't see there were the limited edition halo ones lol.

I'll let you know if I win.

[quote name='kylerg']750 codes sounds way sketchy.[/QUOTE]

Not really if you go to a few Wal-Marts and stand for hours with a notebook writing all the codes off the doritos bags.

[quote name='Naruto Uzumaki']Not really if you go to a few Wal-Marts and stand for hours with a notebook writing all the codes off the doritos bags.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I haven't been notified if I'm a winner yet. I'll be upset if I didn't win with those 750 points.

[quote name='4est']Where are the fountain cups at? I have checked some local convenience stores but haven't spotted any.[/QUOTE]

I was working at the UNLV vs. UNR game last night and every large drink was a Halo cup. I'm guessing schools and stadiums have the cups lol.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Whoever made the decision to put the codes on the outside of the bag should be fired.[/QUOTE]

FOE SHOW:applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='4est']Where are the fountain cups at? I have checked some local convenience stores but haven't spotted any.[/QUOTE]

Marathon Gas stations in central Ohio have them, I just saw them yesterday when I was on my way home from Columbus, but didn't even bother getting any because everyone is saying those codes don't work for some reason.

Hey.
I won.
Got my prize and everything.
But I didn't win an Xbox 4gb. I won a Halo Reach wireless headset that I didn't sign up for. Is there some way that I could contact them about this?
I'm fine with my prize, but if I won an Xbox 360 I'd rather have an xbox 360 rather than a headset, you know?

Edit:
Anyone?

[quote name='xsouthparkx']Hey.
I won.
But I didn't win an Xbox 4gb. I won a Halo Reach wireless headset that I didn't sign up for. Is there some way that I could contact them about this?
I'm fine with my prize, but if I won an Xbox 360 I'd rather have an xbox 360 rather than a headset, you know?

Edit:
Anyone?[/QUOTE]

Congrats!:applause:
Post a pic for us, you're the first winneer I've heard of.

[quote name='xsouthparkx']Hey.
I won.

Edit:
Anyone?[/QUOTE]

Did you get an email saying you won, or did a prize just appear at your door?

[quote name='The 7th Number']Did you get an email saying you won, or did a prize just appear at your door?[/QUOTE]
I did not get an email at all. It just arrived at my doorstep :D.

And I'll post a pic right after I eat. But here's what the sheet of paper says.

"CONGRATULATIONS

You are a prize winner in the Mountain Dew "Honor The Code" Promotion sponsored by Mountain Dew and Pepsi-Cola Company.

On behalf of Mountain Dew thanks for participating in the promotion and enjoy your prize!

Sincerely,

Young American Corporation"

mountaindewhalo.jpg

Should I email them about the prize mistake?

[quote name='xsouthparkx']

Should I email them about the prize mistake?[/QUOTE]

Yes... but only after you check the "codes redeemed" tab on the Honor the Code site and verify that you haven't entered _any_ codes for a headset. If you entered for a headset at least once, you are really lacking evidence of receiving the wrong prize.

[quote name='Mad Scientist']Yes... but only after you check the "codes redeemed" tab on the Honor the Code site and verify that you haven't entered _any_ codes for a headset. If you entered for a headset at least once, you are really lacking evidence of receiving the wrong prize.[/QUOTE]
Yeah all my votes were for the xbox console.
If anyone knows their email address or phone number let me know.

Man this is freakin' BS - I just tried FOUR TIMES to enter this stupid code off of a fountain cup and the damn site won't take it. I'm thinking it might be because one character of the code is either a zero or an O, but fuck if I know which one it is. I tried both an O and zero twice.

Grrrrr.

[quote name='teknikalei']Man this is freakin' BS - I just tried FOUR TIMES to enter this stupid code off of a fountain cup and the damn site won't take it. I'm thinking it might be because one character of the code is either a zero or an O, but fuck if I know which one it is. I tried both an O and zero twice.

Grrrrr.[/QUOTE]

Seeing how they randomly change the rules and prizes awarded, I may just be done with this now.

The cup codes do not work, I ended up getting 3 myself since I ran into a store that sold the fountain drinks for $0.50 a piece.

Well I have been playing email tag with them, first they said NO code are reusable, "we are sending you 3 cap codes for replacement" is the response they gave me, saying that I was confused and misread the rules. So then I pointed it out in their own rules where it states that the fountain cups are reusable daily. So, I get a return email stating that you can only enter 1 cup code daily, so having 3 cups was useless, I can still only use 1 per day. I am now awaiting their response to me after I told them they need to send me 1 cap code for everyday remaining in the promotion.

[quote name='smokey6']Seeing how they randomly change the rules and prizes awarded, I may just be done with this now.

The cup codes do not work, I ended up getting 3 myself since I ran into a store that sold the fountain drinks for $0.50 a piece.

Well I have been playing email tag with them, first they said NO code are reusable, "we are sending you 3 cap codes for replacement" is the response they gave me, saying that I was confused and misread the rules. So then I pointed it out in their own rules where it states that the fountain cups are reusable daily. So, I get a return email stating that you can only enter 1 cup code daily, so having 3 cups was useless, I can still only use 1 per day. I am now awaiting their response to me after I told them they need to send me 1 cap code for everyday remaining in the promotion.[/QUOTE]

What's their email? Is there a specific email for their contests?

[quote name='xsouthparkx']What's their email? Is there a specific email for their contests?[/QUOTE]

replied to your pm.

I just got a Halo Reach Hoodie today and I have not put a SINGLE entry in any column for the hoodie. All my entries are for the 4GB system, controller, and Legendary edition.

Does any think I will be able to contest this saying I got the wrong prize?
If so does anyone know who to call or email to get started fixing this error?

I called 1-800-336-1218 and spoke with a very nice woman who told me I would get a return shipping label for the hoodie and once they get it back I will get another prize, one that I did put entries for.

bread's done
Back