King of Fighters XI (PS2) for only $1.20 + $3.99 S&H @ Amazon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='wizardofcoz4126']I was browsing Amazon.com this morning when I noticed this in the recommended results section. I already own this game, but I wanted to spread the word to my fellow CAGs before the price changes. I know it is on PS2 and it has $3.99 S+H, but imho KOFXI for that price is WELL worth it.
http://www.amazon.com/King-Fighters-XI-Playstation-2/dp/B000V7889C/ref=pd_rhf_shvl_10[/QUOTE]
That's pretty cool. I couldn't remember if I had XI but the cover was familiar. Sucks it's not eligible for prime though, now that my baby daughter got me free prime. Another copy never hurt anyone. But if there is one more left, it'd be better for someone who wants to play it to get it, since I own it.

Enough rambling!!! Good deal!!!

[quote name='chrisnsally']It's 9.99 at Amazon.com. I have Amazon prime, and totally would have bought one for $1.20 - but your title's incorrect.[/QUOTE]
wesaveyou$ has it for 1.25 with 3.99 shipping, five cents more. I would have bought this if I could get it with prime, but I'm gonna have to pass, can't pay more than $5 for a PS2 game.

i have ordered 2 things from third party sellers that are not eligible for prime and both things never came and i had to get a refund after 30 days!! so ill pass on this

[quote name='bredbu']i have ordered 2 things from third party sellers that are not eligible for prime and both things never came and i had to get a refund after 30 days!! so ill pass on this[/QUOTE]

sucks, man. that happened to me on half.com but i've never had that problem with Amazon yet (knocks on wood). I always check ratings before buying :) and also how recent the ratings were, or sometimes, I'll just send an email asking a question and wait for a response. Amazon buyers can post items and leave them up until sold so sometimes the seller just has abandoned Amazon or isn't checking her inventory.

Anyways, just wanted to say WeSaveYou$ is also an eBay user (there's a seller with the exact same name) and presuming they're the same dude/gal, I've bought from the ebay user and everything was always as described.

As for whether this game is worth $5, well, that's up to you. It's better than KOF12, IMHO, but it's likely to pale in comparison to KOF13 (Mai!).

[quote name='Jhuntley']wesaveyou$ has it for 1.25 with 3.99 shipping, five cents more. I would have bought this if I could get it with prime, but I'm gonna have to pass, can't pay more than $5 for a PS2 game.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm ... I can easily pay more than $5 for a PS2 game if it's worth it :) Ar Tonelico or Odin Sphere this is not. IMHO, I would easily recommend Fatal Fury Vol. 2 or SF Alpha Anthology over KOF11. Both these games are superior fighters.

If you like KOF though, I'd rather grab KOF98 UM. Much deeper fighting engine and better balanced characters.

I wish someone would do a versus fighting game with a stronger single player thing...like Smash Bros. 3 tried to do, only with an actual good fighting engine :lol:

Or...I guess maybe Shen Mue was that game...soooooooo yeah :whistle2:D

...so it's not "ONLY $1.20", it's $5.XX. I dunno, I think the title should be changed.

Fail title and fail op.

I actually got this on clearance awhile back at Sears for $5.

Next time though, you should really make your title, as well as your OP, more clear.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I wish someone would do a versus fighting game with a stronger single player thing...like Smash Bros. 3 tried to do, only with an actual good fighting engine :lol:

Or...I guess maybe Shen Mue was that game...soooooooo yeah :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]
Select games of Tekken and Mortal Kombat have a lot of different options for their games as well as the original Soul Calibur. If you just want a beat-em-up however, I'd suggest just buying one.

[quote name='manasteel88']Select games of Tekken and Mortal Kombat have a lot of different options for their games as well as the original Soul Calibur. If you just want a beat-em-up however, I'd suggest just buying one.[/QUOTE]

I assume you mean scrolling fighter? There aren't many of those that are any good at all. At any rate, like I said, I was talking about versus fighters...I wish they had more of a real single player game. Aside from Smash Bros. 3, which I don't like, and Shen Mue, which I guess really is kind of a single player Virtua Fighter, there isn't much.

I'm not aware of any Tekken games with anything I'm talking about. Seems like one of the Mortal Kombat games had a chess game built in...if that played like Archon (did it?) that would actually be really cool single or multiplayer. And yeah, Soul Calibur had that one mode, but it was really weak, an afterthought.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I assume you mean scrolling fighter? There aren't many of those that are any good at all. At any rate, like I said, I was talking about versus fighters...I wish they had more of a real single player game. Aside from Smash Bros. 3, which I don't like, and Shen Mue, which I guess really is kind of a single player Virtua Fighter, there isn't much.

I'm not aware of any Tekken games with anything I'm talking about. Seems like one of the Mortal Kombat games had a chess game built in...if that played like Archon (did it?) that would actually be really cool single or multiplayer. And yeah, Soul Calibur had that one mode, but it was really weak, an afterthought.[/QUOTE]
I think you're talking about Mortal Kombat: Deception which had an action-RPG mode called Konquest and two other mini-game modes: Chess Kombat and Puzzle Kombat which played like Capcom's Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo.

And if you like the Konquest mode in that game, the next Mortal Kombat, Armageddon, supposedly has an improved version of it. It also has a mode called Car Kombat, which is kart racing with MK characters. Lastly, it looks like the game includes EVERY MK character ever made and you can even create your own.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I wish someone would do a versus fighting game with a stronger single player thing...like Smash Bros. 3 tried to do, only with an actual good fighting engine :lol:[/QUOTE]

try street fighter alpha 3, psx version, maybe psp? (def not the one in the alpha collection)
It has a rpg-ish single player mode where you pick a fighter do challenges with different stipulations and level up your skill level. ALso you have the ability to tweak your defense, offense, and gain special 'perks' while fighting.

[quote name='eastshore4']...so it's not "ONLY $1.20", it's $5.XX. I dunno, I think the title should be changed.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I will change the title of the thread. Thanks.

9UsBi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back