GOG - I Love Paypal Promo - 25% off Select Games

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)
Until September 17th, GOG and PayPal are partnering to offer a 25% discount on some choice good-old-games when you purchase them using PayPal.

[Orders should be made from the Promo Page]

Disciples II: Gold $7.49 (25% off) [includes Guardians of the Light, Servants of the Dark, and Rise of the Elves expansions]
Gothic 2: Gold Edition $7.49 (25% off) [includes Night of the Raven expansion]
The Incredible Machine Mega Pack $7.49 (25% off) [The Even More IM (updated TIM 1), TIM 3 (updated TIM 2), Return of TIM: Contraptions, and TIM - Even More Contraptions.]
Jagged Alliance 2 $7.49 (25% off)
Myst: Masterpiece Edition $4.49 (25% off)
Painkiller: Black Edition $7.49 (25% off) [includes Battle Out of Hell expansion]
Psychonauts $7.49 (25% off)
Red Baron Pack $7.49 (25% off) [includes Red Baron 1, Mission Builder, and Red Baron 3D (updated RB 2]
Sanitarium $7.49 (25% off)
Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon $7.49 (25% off)

Mobygames:
Disciples II: Dark Prophecy (82)
Disciples II: Guardians of the Light (78)
Disciples II: Servants of the Dark (73)
Disciples II: Rise of the Elves (80)
Gothic II (82)
Gothic II: Night of the Raven (87)
The Even More Incredible Machine (3.5/5)
The Incredible Machine 3 (4.8/5)
Return of the Incredible Machine: Contraptions (79)
The Incredible Machine: Even More Contraptions (4.3/5)
Jagged Alliance 2 (88)
Myst (88)
Painkiller (81)
Painkiller: Battle Out of Hell (78)
Psychonauts (88)
Red Baron (3.9/5)
Red Baron: Mission Builder (4.5/5)
Red Baron 3D (82)
Sanitarium (80)
Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon (88)

Demos:
Disciples II: Dark Prophecy Empire & Undead
Gothic II
The Incredible Machine 3 (4.8/5)
Return of the Incredible Machine: Contraptions (79)
Jagged Alliance 2 & demo patch
Painkiller Demo 1 2 & 3
Psychonauts (88)
Red Baron 3D
Sanitarium (80)
Myst Under a Killing Moon

Last edited by a moderator:
Luckily I already own most of those, and all the ones I want, so I don't even have to CONSIDER signing up for the highly dubious Pay Pal :lol:

[quote name='Wolfpup']Luckily I already own most of those, and all the ones I want, so I don't even have to CONSIDER signing up for the highly dubious Pay Pal :lol:[/QUOTE]

Highly dubious paypal? Have you ever even bought anything online?

[quote name='wallcrawler62']Highly dubious paypal? Have you ever even bought anything online?[/QUOTE]

I'm confused as well. Paypal has been super convenient and has never really done anything to make me hate them. Well my account did get hacked one time, but I don't think that's Paypal's fault. They actually called me immediately when they saw some strange activity going on with my account.

Anyway, some decent prices here. Nothing amazing though.

Don't you guys follow news about that stuff, security and whatnot? I thought everyone knew about Paypal. Unlike with a credit card, you have basically no recourse if something goes wrong.

[quote name='wallcrawler62']Highly dubious paypal? Have you ever even bought anything online?[/QUOTE]

Huh? There's a non sequitur...

[quote name='Wolfpup']Don't you guys follow news about that stuff, security and whatnot? I thought everyone knew about Paypal. Unlike with a credit card, you have basically no recourse if something goes wrong.

Huh? There's a non sequitur...[/QUOTE]

^ What he means is that Paypal is both ubiquitous and very convenient, so most people who buy stuff on the 'Net have used it at least once and many people have used it quite regularly.

What security issues are you alluding to? I do tend to keep up with this sort of thing, and I've never heard of any problems with Paypal.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are worried about your paypal account being hacked (which you should be if it's tied to your bank account), I would highly recommend getting one of the security keys:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/w...iven/securitycenter/PayPalSecurityKey-outside

A code from that card is needed in addtion to the usual password to access your account, it's very unlikely a hacker would have access to both (unless you keep your pw in your wallet/purse along with the security key).

I wish my banks that I have access to online would offer a similar security measure.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Don't you guys follow news about that stuff, security and whatnot? I thought everyone knew about Paypal. Unlike with a credit card, you have basically no recourse if something goes wrong.

[/QUOTE]

Paypal gives you an option to pay via credit card as well so you can still have that protection.

[quote name='warreni']What security issues are you alluding to? I do tend to keep up with this sort of thing, and I've never heard of any problems with Paypal.[/QUOTE]

I hear about them constantly. I mean that you have no protection if you buy something. Paypal is notorious for not resolving issues in the customer's favor.

[quote name='jthieme']Paypal gives you an option to pay via credit card as well so you can still have that protection.[/QUOTE]

Maybe...kind of. You're still adding in an extra layer. At that point you're having to dispute the Paypal charge. It's probably against their terms of service technically, and why even use it? Use your credit card so you're protected for sure.

[quote name='Wolfpup']

Maybe...kind of. You're still adding in an extra layer. At that point you're having to dispute the Paypal charge. It's probably against their terms of service technically, and why even use it? Use your credit card so you're protected for sure.[/QUOTE]

I've successfully disputed a paypal charge with my CC company before. And for certain transactions and merchants I would prefer not to give out my credit card number, especially foreign transactions.

[quote name='jthieme']I've successfully disputed a paypal charge with my CC company before. And for certain transactions and merchants I would prefer not to give out my credit card number, especially foreign transactions.[/QUOTE]

I was as well. When my account got hacked and the hacker spent $600 of my money on EVE online items, my bank and Paypal worked with me to get every penny of it back.

Didn't know Paypal had those authenticator things. I might have to get one of those.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I hear about them constantly. I mean that you have no protection if you buy something. Paypal is notorious for not resolving issues in the customer's favor.

Maybe...kind of. You're still adding in an extra layer. At that point you're having to dispute the Paypal charge. It's probably against their terms of service technically, and why even use it? Use your credit card so you're protected for sure.[/QUOTE]

I really have no idea what you are talking about. It is actually the complete opposite of what you are stating. You will have complete protection with paypal if something goes wrong, and they will almost always side with buyer. I have had problems with 2 merchants in the past not sending items that I purchased and they refused to send a refund. Got in touch with paypal and I got my money back. I have actually never heard of anything different.

It sounds like you just had a bad experience with paypal and you are making shit up to put them down. Even if you could find a few people that paypal didn't help, I bet I could find thousands that they did.

I've never USED Paypal because of all the stories. As for giving out your credit card-use a virtual credit card number.

Edit - I see that there is a regular weekend promo as well, so my bad.

I hate to get back on topic, but considering GOG usually does 30-50% off games, this is disappointing.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I've never USED Paypal because of all the stories. As for giving out your credit card-use a virtual credit card number.[/QUOTE]

I bet you don't trust banks either and have a matress full of cash! :booty:

Paypal actually helped me out with my credit card company that some theif stole my CC number and opened a paypal account with it. It was the first time I used it at a restaurant in a LONG time one weekend.

They spent $600 airplane ticket in some european travel company.

Paypal and the credit card company both refunded everything in less than 15 minutes of each other. They were even conferenced in on the call and spoke to each other while I was there.

I would say the stories are just old wive's tales and there are more to those than what was said.

as per the topic, these sales are meh. They had better.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I've never USED Paypal because of all the stories. As for giving out your credit card-use a virtual credit card number.[/QUOTE]
You may read several negative stories, but you won't find stories of the tens of thousands of trouble-free transactions.

Pissed off people yell louder. Satisfied people sleep quietly.

Also, I had an issue with a bad seller, and I got my money back within days.

[quote name='choral_music']You may read several negative stories, but you won't find stories of the tens of thousands of trouble-free transactions.

Pissed off people yell louder. Satisfied people sleep quietly.

Also, I had an issue with a bad seller, and I got my money back within days.[/QUOTE]

I don't know - I've been on the internet for years, and I've seen stories like this on a pretty regular basis.

The majority of people who use Paypal are probably just fine with it, but there have been plenty of legitimate stories that make the company look like evil incarnate. Anybody who reads them and takes pause because of that...is doing something completely reasonable.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I don't know - I've been on the internet for years, and I've seen stories like this on a pretty regular basis.

The majority of people who use Paypal are probably just fine with it, but there have been plenty of legitimate stories that make the company look like evil incarnate. Anybody who reads them and takes pause because of that...is doing something completely reasonable.[/QUOTE]

Yeah its fine for 99% of the people using it. If you are that 1% though, they can lock you out of your linked account for some time with no real restrictions.

I can't ever use paypal and I'm not sure why. They might have had a bad experience with a person who used to live at my address or something. It always says to call them, no matter what card I use. They asked for my ssn when I called them. F that, I'd rather not use them. Luckily, almost every online merchant that uses paypal also provides another form of payment system so I'm ok. There are only 2 companies I've had horrible experiences with and paypal is one of them. Funny, the other company is another I've never used, Dish Network.

Sorry for the rant!

bread's done
Back