- - - - -

Chu Chu Rocket XBLA possibility... news

#1 Viva Las Vegas   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1818 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Viva Las Vegas

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:37 PM

Saw this on Destructoid. http://www.destructo...sn-183537.phtml

I really hope this becomes a reality.

#2 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10493 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:44 PM

With the annoying decisions they've been making about DC games on XBL lately (blue sidebars on Sonic, generic soundtrack for Crazy Taxi), it wouldn't shock me if they brought this out without online play.

#3 theredworm   I am The Red Worm! CAGiversary!   2456 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

theredworm

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:47 PM

wait, Crazy Taxi won't have the same soundtrack!?!? ouch

Hoping we do see Chu Chu Rocket in arcade at some point.

#4 mtxbass1   This space for rent. CAGiversary!   11092 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:59 PM

Hasn't this been rumored for quite a long time? I could have sworn I read about this at least a year ago.

#5 Jess Stryker   Mama Said To Knock You Out CAGiversary!   4409 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Jess Stryker

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:55 PM

With the annoying decisions they've been making about DC games on XBL lately (blue sidebars on Sonic, generic soundtrack for Crazy Taxi), it wouldn't shock me if they brought this out without online play.

While that sucks, the thing about soundtracks are you need to have the songs licensed. So really, that's not necessarily a fault of sega's.

#6 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10493 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:58 PM

While that sucks, the thing about soundtracks are you need to have the songs licensed. So really, that's not necessarily a fault of sega's.

Sega could have paid to use them again.

I can understand why they may not want to dump that kind of money into what will assuredly be a quick and dirty port to the 360, but that doesn't change the bottom line: shitty generic music will be in Crazy Taxi.

Didn't mean to thread-derail, sorry.

#7 Rooster752   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   284 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Rooster752

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:10 PM

Crazy taxi had like 4 songs that repeated endlessly. Who cares if they're not in the port? Just use custom soundtracks. Hell, you could get those offspring and bad religion songs and insert them in.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm really curious as to how chu chu holds up, since I haven't played it in probably 8 or so years.

#8 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   43920 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:16 PM

As far as the sountrack for Crazy Taxi, not really a big deal when you can rip The Offspring, or any songs you want into your HDD and play them as the soundtrack.

#9 Richlough   ... CAGiversary!   3738 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:28 PM

wait, Crazy Taxi won't have the same soundtrack!?!? ouch

Hoping we do see Chu Chu Rocket in arcade at some point.

Just make a playlist with 3 Offspring songs and you're all set .

#10 AquaKnight   Defender of the Seas CAGiversary!   215 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

AquaKnight

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:40 PM

it better be 800 points

who am i fooling, they're going to milk this for 1200 points too...

#11 theredworm   I am The Red Worm! CAGiversary!   2456 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

theredworm

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:01 PM

Just make a playlist with 3 Offspring songs and you're all set .

and Bad Religion

#12 jonathanp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   589 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:10 PM

it better be 800 points

who am i fooling, they're going to milk this for 1200 points too...

If Sonic Adventure is supposed to launch at 800, I wouldn't doubt that this one would either.

#13 Zmonkay   Awesome in Small Doses CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:33 PM

generic soundtrack for Crazy Taxi

YA YA YA YA wuuuuh? :( It just won't be the same without it, lol.

But seriously, please let Chu Chu Rocket come to XBLA. The original was great, but I never got a chance to play online and most of my friends wouldn't play it (not with Soul Calibur as a valid option sitting alongside it, hehe)

#14 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10493 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:51 PM

Crazy taxi had like 4 songs that repeated endlessly. Who cares if they're not in the port? Just use custom soundtracks.

As far as the sountrack for Crazy Taxi, not really a big deal when you can rip The Offspring, or any songs you want into your HDD and play them as the soundtrack.

The Xbox 360 soundrack integration sucks ass. If the 360's custom soundtrack functionality was similar to the original XBox's, What you're suggesting could be a viable alternative - the soundtracks were able to be assigned to certain moments of the game.

With the 360 you'll just have the same playlist going through the start menu, selection screen, gameplay, post-gameplay screen, etc. If that's "nitpicking" to you, hooray for you. The experience is not the same.

#15 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8917 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:08 AM

The Xbox 360 soundrack integration sucks ass. If the 360's custom soundtrack functionality was similar to the original XBox's, What you're suggesting could be a viable alternative - the soundtracks were able to be assigned to certain moments of the game.

With the 360 you'll just have the same playlist going through the start menu, selection screen, gameplay, post-gameplay screen, etc. If that's "nitpicking" to you, hooray for you. The experience is not the same.

The music just looped endlessly. There wasn't game over music or anything like that. Trust us, custom soundtracks are way better.

#16 theredworm   I am The Red Worm! CAGiversary!   2456 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

theredworm

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:00 PM

the music when you got game over and were doing the leaderboards/browsing the menu was different

was a never ending loop of drums from offspring if I remember right

#17 FurryCurry   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1791 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

FurryCurry

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:18 PM

POINT IS

Chu Chu Rocket.

Woot.

#18 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67236 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:08 PM

Hasn't this been rumored for quite a long time? I could have sworn I read about this at least a year ago.

More like everybody else has been asking for it for years and now Sega's decided to not do the obvious port.

#19 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8917 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:16 AM

the music when you got game over and were doing the leaderboards/browsing the menu was different

was a never ending loop of drums from offspring if I remember right

Oh, my bad. All I remember is the looping.