Chu Chu Rocket XBLA possibility... news

With the annoying decisions they've been making about DC games on XBL lately (blue sidebars on Sonic, generic soundtrack for Crazy Taxi), it wouldn't shock me if they brought this out without online play.

[quote name='KaneRobot']With the annoying decisions they've been making about DC games on XBL lately (blue sidebars on Sonic, generic soundtrack for Crazy Taxi), it wouldn't shock me if they brought this out without online play.[/QUOTE]

While that sucks, the thing about soundtracks are you need to have the songs licensed. So really, that's not necessarily a fault of sega's.

[quote name='JStryke']While that sucks, the thing about soundtracks are you need to have the songs licensed. So really, that's not necessarily a fault of sega's.[/QUOTE]
Sega could have paid to use them again.

I can understand why they may not want to dump that kind of money into what will assuredly be a quick and dirty port to the 360, but that doesn't change the bottom line: shitty generic music will be in Crazy Taxi.

Didn't mean to thread-derail, sorry.

Crazy taxi had like 4 songs that repeated endlessly. Who cares if they're not in the port? Just use custom soundtracks. Hell, you could get those offspring and bad religion songs and insert them in.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm really curious as to how chu chu holds up, since I haven't played it in probably 8 or so years.

[quote name='KaneRobot']With the annoying decisions they've been making about DC games on XBL lately (blue sidebars on Sonic, generic soundtrack for Crazy Taxi), it wouldn't shock me if they brought this out without online play.[/QUOTE]

As far as the sountrack for Crazy Taxi, not really a big deal when you can rip The Offspring, or any songs you want into your HDD and play them as the soundtrack.

[quote name='theredworm']wait, Crazy Taxi won't have the same soundtrack!?!? ouch

Hoping we do see Chu Chu Rocket in arcade at some point.[/QUOTE]

Just make a playlist with 3 Offspring songs and you're all set .

[quote name='AquaKnight']it better be 800 points

who am i fooling, they're going to milk this for 1200 points too...[/QUOTE]

If Sonic Adventure is supposed to launch at 800, I wouldn't doubt that this one would either.

[quote name='KaneRobot']generic soundtrack for Crazy Taxi[/QUOTE]

YA YA YA YA wuuuuh? :( It just won't be the same without it, lol.

But seriously, please let Chu Chu Rocket come to XBLA. The original was great, but I never got a chance to play online and most of my friends wouldn't play it (not with Soul Calibur as a valid option sitting alongside it, hehe)

[quote name='Rooster752']Crazy taxi had like 4 songs that repeated endlessly. Who cares if they're not in the port? Just use custom soundtracks.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='LinkinPrime']As far as the sountrack for Crazy Taxi, not really a big deal when you can rip The Offspring, or any songs you want into your HDD and play them as the soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

The Xbox 360 soundrack integration sucks ass. If the 360's custom soundtrack functionality was similar to the original XBox's, What you're suggesting could be a viable alternative - the soundtracks were able to be assigned to certain moments of the game.

With the 360 you'll just have the same playlist going through the start menu, selection screen, gameplay, post-gameplay screen, etc. If that's "nitpicking" to you, hooray for you. The experience is not the same.

[quote name='KaneRobot']The Xbox 360 soundrack integration sucks ass. If the 360's custom soundtrack functionality was similar to the original XBox's, What you're suggesting could be a viable alternative - the soundtracks were able to be assigned to certain moments of the game.

With the 360 you'll just have the same playlist going through the start menu, selection screen, gameplay, post-gameplay screen, etc. If that's "nitpicking" to you, hooray for you. The experience is not the same.[/QUOTE]

The music just looped endlessly. There wasn't game over music or anything like that. Trust us, custom soundtracks are way better.

the music when you got game over and were doing the leaderboards/browsing the menu was different

was a never ending loop of drums from offspring if I remember right

[quote name='mtxbass1']Hasn't this been rumored for quite a long time? I could have sworn I read about this at least a year ago.[/QUOTE]
More like everybody else has been asking for it for years and now Sega's decided to not do the obvious port.

[quote name='theredworm']the music when you got game over and were doing the leaderboards/browsing the menu was different

was a never ending loop of drums from offspring if I remember right[/QUOTE]

Oh, my bad. All I remember is the looping.

bread's done
Back