Ico/Shadow PS3 pre-order now available

There was an article interviewing one of the creators he said he had no intentions/desires to bring these 2 games to the ps3, but was goin to the table to discuss it anyways. I believe the pack is legit. Sorry I'm not lookin for the article cuz I'm in the middle of taking a shit

Didn't know such a thing as existed but wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this is confirmed real.

[quote name='kearns710']There was an article interviewing one of the creators he said he had no intentions/desires to bring these 2 games to the ps3, but was goin to the table to discuss it anyways. I believe the pack is legit. Sorry I'm not lookin for the article cuz I'm in the middle of taking a shit[/QUOTE]

maybe he meant that he had no desire to be in charge of the porting process. i wouldn't blame him for that. i would assume he would be fine with another decent team handling the upgrade.

[quote name='watcher0']I hadn't heard about this. Accidental leak?[/QUOTE]

Some HD pictures of Ico with a widescreen FOV fix were shown on a certain gaming forum lately. It was from a Last Guardian behind-closed-doors preview of some conference lately, Gamescom I believe.

Yea, it has all but been confirm at this point.

Ico in HD Pics

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Release date of 4/01/2011 in the details section. I was hoping it would come earlier than that.[/QUOTE]
April 1st next year is on a friday, games come out on a tuesday, that date isn't right.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Release date of 4/01/2011 in the details section. I was hoping it would come earlier than that.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that means it's an early April Fool's joke, you will get a letter in the mail that says "April Fool's!!!" :D

Can't wait for this if it's real, never played SOC because of the limitations of the PS2 hardware but I loved ICO.

meh the changes that needed to be made in this game were not the graphics as they are perfect how they were. Would have preferred news on Last Guardian though.

[quote name='pholly']Maybe that means it's an early April Fool's joke, you will get a letter in the mail that says "April Fool's!!!" :D

Can't wait for this if it's real, never played SOC because of the limitations of the PS2 hardware but I loved ICO.[/QUOTE]

You're making a mistake. Shadow of the Colossus did push the hardware, but it still plays more than well enough and it is quite a fine experience on the PS2.

Finally happened! Is everyone happy now?? I'm really glad I didn't previously get to enjoy these games, b/c it will make purchasing and playing in HD on the PS3 soooo much better :D

[quote name='bwrobins']Now all they need to do is re-release the Metal Gear Collection and the Devil May Cry Collection and I dont need my PS2 anymore![/QUOTE]
They need to do more then that, wheres my GTA Collection :p

This is likely to be MSRP, so not a deal, but knowing this will happen makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :D I missed out on both games the first time around, and would love to catch up.

Eh, can still be counted as a deal considering that you are usually paying 25-40 for a copy of Ico alone. (unless you're that lucky bastard that found one at Blockbuster)

Awesome news. I'm sure we'll hear more at TGS. I really want a trailer with a time frame for release of TLG. I think the only other game I'm nearly this excited for is Batman Arkham City.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Please be true. I already have both on PS2, but if this is true, it's still :whee:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too. Already beat both but it would be awesome to play ICO in HD. I fucking love me some ICO.

Hrm... I finally buy Ico and now they decide to re-release it. Just my luck...

Ah well, $40 is still one hell of a deal for both games.

Sweet... This week just keeps getting better. Just got my Tales of Abyss reprinted copy yesterday and now this pretty much looks official. The two PS2 titles that eluded me are now within grasp.

I havent played either of these games but Ive heard great things. I am very excited for this :)

If you want other classics to get the HD treatment, make the sales for this one count!

Im excited for this!!! I only got 3 Collosus left to beat so in honor of this announcement ill beat SOTC this weekend. Graphics wise Shadow of the Collosus was amazing, all they really need to work on is the frame rate because that took a hit at times. ICO is the one that I would actually play in this port, I got it for the PS2 but I couldnt stomach the look so I have never played it, still own it though.

One word, WOW, this would be awesome in HD and both games at this price. Makes sense since they pulled the emotion chip on all PS3s.

APRIL FOOLS?! fuck you Walmart!

[quote name='mitnosi']April 1st next year is on a friday, games come out on a tuesday, that date isn't right.[/QUOTE]
If this is true (games releasing on tuesdays), then is no aprils fools... see your calendars!!! is january 4th its a tuesday:D

PD: i think is the same release date as Mass Effect 2 great month:hot:

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back