Amazon - Pre-order Kinect & an Additional Game, Get a $30 Video Games Credit

crewj

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Probably a repost, but Amazon is matching wally world's kinect pre-order deal.

Pre-order Kinect & an Additional Game, Get a $30 Video Games Credit
Pre-order the Kinect Sensor with Kinect Adventures! and select an additional game from this list to receive $30 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. See all terms and learn more.

Linky

WAIT !!!!!!! WTF !!! I thought JoyRide was supposed to be a FREE downloadable game that was coming to xbox live arcade (well that was the plan about 2 years ago)

you know what Microsoft ? Go fuck yourself.

Thank you for the post though ;)

This makes a Kinect+Dance Central preorder mildly tempting, but the software lineup overall still just doesn't offer enough for me to justfiy spending $150+ right now. Maybe when Child of Eden comes out (and if it is significantly more interesting using Kinect than a controller) i'll pick one up but I just don't see much interesting use of this thing right now.

[quote name='VWarrior']This makes a Kinect+Dance Central preorder mildly tempting, but the software lineup overall still just doesn't offer enough for me to justfiy spending $150+ right now. Maybe when Child of Eden comes out (and if it is significantly more interesting using Kinect than a controller) i'll pick one up but I just don't see much interesting use of this thing right now.[/QUOTE]

I already pre-ordered Kinect + Dance Central... I guess I need to cancel and do it again to take advantage of this deal?

[quote name='cheeky']I already pre-ordered Kinect + Dance Central... I guess I need to cancel and do it again to take advantage of this deal?[/QUOTE]

That's what I did... wanted to make sure I had qualified for the $30 credit.

[quote name='cheeky']I already pre-ordered Kinect + Dance Central... I guess I need to cancel and do it again to take advantage of this deal?[/QUOTE]

Well I've had a 100% success rate at having Amazon preorders automatically retrofitted with promotions. Granted, none have had the nature of requiring a combined order so I guess it wouldn't hurt to be safe. Still, they can see your order history which is practically your receipt to dispute a lack of credit after the order ships.

Well, if you can use a 360S, then ordering the bundle is like $50 in savings on Kinect. So I'll just stick with my bundle. Wish this deal applied to console/kinect bundle + software (Dance Central).

[quote name='trent82']pretend kinect doesn't exist. it is absolutely horrible.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

Honestly, I don't think I would even take Kinect if Amazon paid me to take it from them. Such a shame MS put who knows how much money into this instead of developing real games.

[quote name='trent82']pretend joyride doesn't exist. it is absolutely horrible.[/QUOTE]

this.

the game is so bad, just ignore it as a whole.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']Fixed.

Honestly, I don't think I would even take Kinect if Amazon paid me to take it from them. Such a shame MS put who knows how much money into this instead of developing real games.[/QUOTE]

what real game do u want? :roll:

[quote name='agentghost']what real game do u want? :roll:[/QUOTE]

A new IP for someone who's played games longer than a year would be nice. They're just relying on the 3 franchises they have left instead of making new stuff for gamers, while pouring all of their resources into casual wagglefests. They're starting to make Nintendo look good.

Lotta hate for the Kinect, but I'm getting it. This is a good deal. Getting it, basically for the family, in an effort to purge my house of the Wii (this is coming from a reformed mega hardcore nintendo fanboy). I think I'll have fun playing Adventures and Sports with my kids and wife, and my kids (5 and 2.5) are excited for Kinectimals. So, this is a good deal.

$30 credit for Deus Ex 3 or something coming early 2011...for me. Score!

Thanks, OP!!

Hmm...now have to rethink my whole buying strategy.

Again.

After having everything pre-ordered on Amazon to begin with, already switched and swiped up a $25 GC from BB for prebuying Dance Central and Your Shape.

That leaves Kinect Sports, the Kinect itself and a new 360 for the living room - where hopefully, I can get my uber-reluctant wife interested in a game or two.

Guess I can jump on this, too, and sort things out as more specials start showing up, though Dell had a decent deal on the 4GB 360 S ($169.99 + tax, I believe), which might help spread the costs around a bit.

Yup, the holidays are certainly on their way.

Have Kinect pre-ordered on an old ECA order; I'll just add a game to it and assume I'll end up having to email Amazon to get the $30 manually added to my account.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Lotta hate for the Kinect, but I'm getting it. This is a good deal. Getting it, basically for the family
1.gif
[/QUOTE]

Yep im basically getting it for my younger sisters not really for me, its not a bad deal.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I don't really understand the hate for the Kinect or the Move... They're this season's Rockband and Guitar Hero.[/QUOTE]

I don't hate them, but I'm not so easily swooped up in the heat of excitement of new hardware coming out. Mr. Kevin Pereira practically takes the words (and body language) right out of me starting from ~4:50 in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZgqZ1I8VAs

Applicable to Kinect and Move for me.

After doing the math...

If you already have the 360 you're gonna use Kinect with, this is a pretty good deal for now. No tax for most on Amazon, which generally makes it a bit better than Walmart. Curious what KMart and others will throw down, though.

If you're going to pick up a new console with Kinect, however, there's are a few options, depending on whether you want to wait for the bundles or get your new 360 now and piece it together in November.

I'm assuming the ultimate goal is a 250GB 360S with Kinect and 1 additional game.

Scenario 1: Buy Console Now, Add Kinect and Game Later

Option A: The 4GB
At present, Dell has a decent (not great) deal on the 4GB 360S: $169.99 + taxes. For CA, that brings the total to around $186.51.

Assuming you wait until Kinect is released and you receive your credit to upgrade to a 250GB hard drive, you'll use the $30 from Amazon's Kinect Deal (Kinect + 1 additional game at $198.99) on this $129.99 upgrade, bringing that down to $99.

Total Out of Pocket Cost: $485.49
Benefits: You can space out the cost the most, new 360S now, matte finish on your 360
Cons: Most Expensive (Net) Option

Option B: The 250GB
Here's where you just buy the 250GB outright from Amazon for $299.99 now, and buy the Kinect plus 1 Game Bundle from Amazon ($198.99) later, which will give you $30 to play with later.

Total Out of Pocket Cost: $498.98
Total NET Cost: $468.98

Benefits: get your 360S now, most of your costs up front, $30 to buy a second game with
Cons: Most expensive out-of-pocket option, most of your costs up front, $30 gift card won't help offset system costs

Scenario 2: Show Some Restraint - The Waiting Game
This is where you don't take advantage of this deal and wait until the Kinect System Bundles come out on November 4th. No one wants to do this, but it IS the best option price-wise.

Option A: The 4GB Route
$299.99 for the Kinect System Bundle, $49 for a game, $129.99 eventual HD upgrade.

Total Out of Pocket Cost: $478.98
Benefits: matte finished console, can space out costs a little, but most is up front, less expensive than buying now
Cons: have to wait, up front costs, about $30 more expensive than going for the 250GB Kinect Bundle.

Option B: The 250GB Bundle
$399.99 for the Kinect System Bundle, $49 for a game

Total Out of Pocket Cost: $448.99
Benefits: least expensive, overall
Cons: all at once (though you could delay buying the extra game)
---------

Conclusion:

BUY NOW, PUT IT ALL TOGETHER with an extra game
4GB - $485.49 TOTAL
250GB - $498.98 TOTAL + $30 CREDIT ($468.98 to some)

WAIT, PUT IT ALL TOGETHER (if necessary) with an extra game
4GB - $478.98 TOTAL
250GB - $448.99 TOTAL

Unfortunate as it is, waiting for the 250GB Kinect 360S System Bundle is the cheapest way to go at the moment, with the deals so far. Next best, depending on your perspective on gift cards, is to take advantage of the Amazon deal in this thread and get the 250GB 360S from Amazon now or whenever. The worst deal, money-wise, is to go for the 4GB version with Dell's present deal, and adding all the pieces together later; it is the best, however, for spreading the costs across multiple months.

Being cheap, however, I guess I'll save now and wait for the big boy.

Hope this helps someone else decide what to do.

I personally would never pay above $25 for any of these games except for Dance Central.
And Joy Ride for $49.99 is plain crazy and it would be like buying Dark Void for $59.99.

[quote name='Kylearan']After doing the math...

If you already have the 360 you're gonna use Kinect with, this is a pretty good deal for now. No tax for most on Amazon, which generally makes it a bit better than Walmart. Curious what KMart and others will throw down, though.

If you're going to pick up a new console with Kinect, however, there's are a few options, depending on whether you want to wait for the bundles or get your new 360 now and piece it together in November.

I'm assuming the ultimate goal is a 250GB 360S with Kinect and 1 additional game.

Scenario 1: Buy Console Now, Add Kinect and Game Later

Option A: The 4GB
At present, Dell has a decent (not great) deal on the 4GB 360S: $169.99 + taxes. For CA, that brings the total to around $186.51.

Assuming you wait until Kinect is released and you receive your credit to upgrade to a 250GB hard drive, you'll use the $30 from Amazon's Kinect Deal (Kinect + 1 additional game at $198.99) on this $129.99 upgrade, bringing that down to $99.

Total Out of Pocket Cost: $485.49
Benefits: You can space out the cost the most, new 360S now, matte finish on your 360
Cons: Most Expensive (Net) Option

Option B: The 250GB
Here's where you just buy the 250GB outright from Amazon for $299.99 now, and buy the Kinect plus 1 Game Bundle from Amazon ($198.99) later, which will give you $30 to play with later.

Total Out of Pocket Cost: $498.98
Total NET Cost: $468.98

Benefits: get your 360S now, most of your costs up front, $30 to buy a second game with
Cons: Most expensive out-of-pocket option, most of your costs up front, $30 gift card won't help offset system costs

Scenario 2: Show Some Restraint - The Waiting Game
This is where you don't take advantage of this deal and wait until the Kinect System Bundles come out on November 4th. No one wants to do this, but it IS the best option price-wise.

Option A: The 4GB Route
$299.99 for the Kinect System Bundle, $49 for a game, $129.99 eventual HD upgrade.

Total Out of Pocket Cost: $478.98
Benefits: matte finished console, can space out costs a little, but most is up front, less expensive than buying now
Cons: have to wait, up front costs, about $30 more expensive than going for the 250GB Kinect Bundle.

Option B: The 250GB Bundle
$399.99 for the Kinect System Bundle, $49 for a game

Total Out of Pocket Cost: $448.99
Benefits: least expensive, overall
Cons: all at once (though you could delay buying the extra game)
---------

Conclusion:

BUY NOW, PUT IT ALL TOGETHER with an extra game
4GB - $485.49 TOTAL
250GB - $498.98 TOTAL + $30 CREDIT ($468.98 to some)

WAIT, PUT IT ALL TOGETHER (if necessary) with an extra game
4GB - $478.98 TOTAL
250GB - $448.99 TOTAL

Unfortunate as it is, waiting for the 250GB Kinect 360S System Bundle is the cheapest way to go at the moment, with the deals so far. Next best, depending on your perspective on gift cards, is to take advantage of the Amazon deal in this thread and get the 250GB 360S from Amazon now or whenever. The worst deal, money-wise, is to go for the 4GB version with Dell's present deal, and adding all the pieces together later; it is the best, however, for spreading the costs across multiple months.

Being cheap, however, I guess I'll save now and wait for the big boy.

Hope this helps someone else decide what to do.[/QUOTE]

Bravo! :applause:

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Might get in on this. Kinect seems like a difference experience than swinging around an ice cream cone.[/QUOTE]

It is a difference experience, a more laggy one.

But no, not really different, it's body sensor, one's via a motion capture camera, one's via a motion capture camera and a dildo looking controller.

At least with Move I can hopefully look forward to a solid library of light gun shooters (Even if only a couple are announced and there might never be any more released. I can always dream of a Time Crisis Collection!)

I still don't know why I'm buying Kenect, other than I'm a big geek. I see it as kind of a Virtual Boy. It's a unique concept with great technology, it's cool to show off to your friends, and it might even have a good game or two, but ultimately it is a pain in the ass that will sit unused. (That's my pregame assumption. I'm hoping it changes. I plan on giving it a fair chance)

At least I'll be getting a $30 credit now! Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh. I'm going to end up buying this... Just not sure if it's going to be at launch. Dance Central looks fun, as does the shipping game... And this > Move for me because you don't have to buy a bunch of extra controllers and stuff. $149 out the door and then games (which , thank you Target, will probably clear out pretty quickly...). So Kinect for me, but no Move.

[quote name='Moravagine']Have Kinect pre-ordered on an old ECA order; I'll just add a game to it and assume I'll end up having to email Amazon to get the $30 manually added to my account.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing. I'm getting 20% off Kinect and Dance Central already. Is there any harm in contacting amazon now to have the $30 credit promotion applied or should I wait?

I'm getting kinect. gf must have dance central so this is a good deal in my book. Got denied with that ymmv microsoft store deal for $99. this is the next best deal.

The amazon GC chain continues with Reach then Kinect

[quote name='SilverBulletKY']How do you all know Joy Ride is horrible if it isn't out yet?[/QUOTE]

You can play it now if you have a Microsoft store nearby.

[quote name='jim2011']I did the same thing. I'm getting 20% off Kinect and Dance Central already. Is there any harm in contacting amazon now to have the $30 credit promotion applied or should I wait?[/QUOTE]

As you are not supposed to receive the credit until 2 days after everything ships, they will likely just inform you of this fact. However, I suppose there is a minimal chance of getting a CSR who misreads the promotion and just takes $30 off your order.

The selection of games are for 6 year olds. Do they plan on having, ya know, good games available anywhere around launch?

[quote name='tmacairjordan87'] Honestly, I don't think I would even take Kinect if Amazon paid me to take it from them. [/QUOTE]

Lie... or dumbass move considering you could sell it on ebay.

[quote name='crewj']Bravo! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, great work. I was going to post something to the affect of, "Wish this applied to the 250gb+Kinect bundle." And my conclusion before this great post, even with the Dell deals and tax and everything, was to stick to the 250gb+Kinect bundle and Dance Central that I have pre-ordered. I'm glad that this excellent analysis confirms that. But I'd still love to get a $30 credit with my current order. Who wouldn't?

Did anybody take advantage of this promo after Oct 9, 2010? I went on the link a few days before launch and placed me orders from that page but I never got the credit and when I asked amazon, they told me I didn't qualify because I placed the order after the cutoff date. I did click the link above (which worked at the time) and saw the promo but did not see any cut-off dates...

bread's done
Back