- - - - -

CAG Lord of the Rings Online Kinship

#61 riddler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   536 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:18 AM

It's pretty easy and intuitive compared to the original release of the game years ago. When you have a quest being tracked, open up the map and mouse over it on the Quest Legend (it's dragable) and the area you need to head to blinks in the color indicated to the right of the quest in the legend. If you're turning the quest in rather than doing its requirements, it will be in the shape of a ring and it will blink too.

M is the hotkey to open the map.

nice, thanks for the tip!

#62 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7572 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:16 AM

Heh, not on my server, woot. My mains are safe I've had since beta. :D

#63 Megazell   Linux Gamer CAGiversary!   5388 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Megazell

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:22 AM

Does no emotional gamers mean I can't cry while I play? And shouldn't you say a mature guild? Because not everyone annoying on the internet is a little kid.

Exact same for me.

I agree with a previous poster as "mature" is a better use of wording. I don't want to see common trashy discussions like the OTT thread here at CAG or shit I'd see in Barrens chat in WoW.

Perhaps mature is a better word but I have found that playing with minors in an MMO may lead to all kinds of problems. Unless they are truly level headed and/or playing with a parent..which is quite rare.

Hopefully, this will be a cool and good time for all :)

#64 Kaltic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:37 AM

Perhaps mature is a better word but I have found that playing with minors in an MMO may lead to all kinds of problems. Unless they are truly level headed and/or playing with a parent..which is quite rare.

Well I am saying that because I have never known myself to be annoying or to ever go crazy in an online game (real life maybe but not in game). With that said I am 20 right now, but even when I was younger I would usually be more silent when I played. So I know that kids can be and I also know that adults can be just as bad.

EDIT: And really little kids don't bother me. They always just repeat the same annoying thing every time. It has been easy to tone out (considering I play on Xbox Live especially). But things adults may say I am just not prepared for.

EDIT2: And as it goes the CAG community overall is far better than a lot of other sites (not counting clan or guild sites). For example I would never trust almost anyone from Gamespot.com to go in on a 4-pack during a steam sale with me. On CAG I never doubted the other person would follow through.

#65 DarkonJohn   Growing backlog CAGiversary!   942 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

DarkonJohn

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:41 AM

Yes, I'd have to agree with putting the emphasis on maturity over age because I've met plent of people younger than myself that I was able to learn a lot from and plenty of people older than myself that were annoyingly immature in spite of their age. A person's actions and attitude are what matter, not their age.

#66 DarkonJohn   Growing backlog CAGiversary!   942 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

DarkonJohn

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:55 AM

Does no emotional gamers mean I can't cry while I play?

Getting emotional and swearing is fine with me, but I vote for banning anyone that cries ;). Crying is for losers and quitters. Winners either win, or get pissed off when they lose and try again. No crying allowed.

Of course, what you do offline is your own business. :-#

#67 Kaltic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:59 AM

Winners win because not doing so makes you not a winner.

Decided to fix that for you.

EDIT: And to prove you wrong about crying. Watch any championship victory.... who isn't crying... Tears of joy are still tears.

#68 DukeEdwardI   Whose Queens? CAGiversary!   2186 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

DukeEdwardI

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:05 AM

Was able to log in to the server and finally start a character! Character's name is Rodhir, an elf hunter.

It's decently fun so far. But like all MMOs, it takes a little time to learn the ropes and the little ins and outs.

#69 AdvOfJet   Brotherhood of Darkness CAGiversary!   1617 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:07 AM

woohoo! finally able to get on tonight lol. Almost brought me to .. tears :-P

#70 Kaltic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:09 AM

So this means we have enough people to make a kinship right? You only need 8 if I'm not mistaken. Including Duke we have 8 known main characters (and a few alts).

#71 AdvOfJet   Brotherhood of Darkness CAGiversary!   1617 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:17 AM

Yeah I just checked and I have 7 already on my friends list. So that makes 8 including myself.

Are we going with Citizens Against Gnomes for right now ? We can always change it later as well.

#72 Kaltic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:25 AM

If we are able to change it later then I would say go for it. Unless it costs real cash to change it or something.

#73 DukeEdwardI   Whose Queens? CAGiversary!   2186 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

DukeEdwardI

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:27 AM

I'm quite happy with Citizens Against Gnomes, but if enough people don't like it or want something else, I'd be willing to have it changed.

#74 AdvOfJet   Brotherhood of Darkness CAGiversary!   1617 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:32 AM

Ehh .. its a small charge but I think most people were ok with this name anyway so I am going to go ahead and get it setup.

#75 riddler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   536 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:43 AM

Getting around is such a pain. When can you get a horse?

#76 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5653 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:21 AM

Ehh .. its a small charge but I think most people were ok with this name anyway so I am going to go ahead and get it setup.

Just shoot me a time in Eastern when you're going to be on today a little bit in advance and I'll try and get on even for a little bit to add to the roster.

If I remember right and it hasn't changed... level 20 and 35. I do think I heard people saying it's been reduced to level 5 but I don't know. Even if it has been reduced that low, it takes 500 silver or so to train horse riding.

EDIT: You also get a temporary 24 hour horse through the mail after completing the tutorial (optional) and newbie instance.

Edited by Draekon, 13 September 2010 - 12:11 PM.

#77 AdvOfJet   Brotherhood of Darkness CAGiversary!   1617 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:36 PM

I'll be on now and for the next hour or so if anyone is able to hop on.

#78 Megazell   Linux Gamer CAGiversary!   5388 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Megazell

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:44 PM

If I remember right and it hasn't changed... level 20 and 35. I do think I heard people saying it's been reduced to level 5 but I don't know. Even if it has been reduced that low, it takes 500 silver or so to train horse riding.

EDIT: You also get a temporary 24 hour horse through the mail after completing the tutorial (optional) and newbie instance.

Yep. When you do the intro levels you get care packages with all kinds of goodies one of them is a horse for 24 hours. Real time. Not game time.

You can also talk to the stable master and get a ride to preset zones. You can stop at anytime but the horse is a 1 trip ticket for 1 silver.

#79 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5653 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:36 PM

You can also talk to the stable master and get a ride to preset zones. You can stop at anytime but the horse is a 1 trip ticket for 1 silver.

To go from Starter area (Elf) to Star area (Man), you need to use a free-travel item (you get one at the start through the mail). Future ones cost TP. I belive going from Elf to Dwarf isn't an issue though. Regardless at level 15'ish, they all end up in Bree anyhow.

EDIT: Premium/Free players need to pay for the basic mount training per character it looks like. Current listed price is 295 TP.

Edited by Draekon, 13 September 2010 - 03:46 PM.

#80 m_d_amore   BrooKlyn Bum CAGiversary!   2029 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

m_d_amore

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:19 PM

bigpar/human/loremaster

#81 redline   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1007 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:43 PM

Rolled a little hobbit :)

Buvo/Hobbit/minstrel

#82 Megiddo_CAG   Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade! Trading Timeout - Under Review   2283 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Megiddo_CAG

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:18 PM

So are there going to be certain LOTRO game nights? Or specific times when we do some group quests or something along those lines?

#83 PhantomaZero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

PhantomaZero

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:47 PM

I know TP stacks for your characters on the same server, but how about across different servers? I have a character on Brandywine but would love to play with my fellow CAGers. Earning universal TP would be a nice bonus.

#84 DukeEdwardI   Whose Queens? CAGiversary!   2186 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

DukeEdwardI

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:51 PM

So are there going to be certain LOTRO game nights? Or specific times when we do some group quests or something along those lines?

Well I don't really have a set time that I'm going to be on. Whenever, really. Seeing as this game isn't costing me $15/month, I don't feel like I have to play 2+ hours a day to get my money's worth. But I definitely still want to be somewhat active.

I know TP stacks for your characters on the same server, but how about across different servers? I have a character on Brandywine but would love to play with my fellow CAGers. Earning universal TP would be a nice bonus.

Hmmm...I know that if you buy a quest pack or something, that it's unlocked for your account rather than just your character/server. But I don't know if the TP you earn can be used a different server or not....

#85 Nirvana92   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   33 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:58 PM

It's shared across servers, the TP is tied to your account.

#86 AdvOfJet   Brotherhood of Darkness CAGiversary!   1617 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:59 PM

TP goes towards your LOTRO account not character. As such any points earned could be used on any character if you are buying character specific items.

#87 halfbent   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:56 AM

Created a Hobbit on Riddermark to play with my brother tonight; name is Zym. His minstrel is named Tiggem.

#88 anarch   And all that could have been... CAGiversary!   2077 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:34 AM

It's not too hard to find the Collector's Edition of Mines of Moria Complete for only a few dollars more, which includes:

Spoiler

Still $9.99 from Amazon and shipping 9/17/10 (according to my latest email). If you're still looking to join, that's the pack to get.

#89 Megazell   Linux Gamer CAGiversary!   5388 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Megazell

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:08 AM

I don't know about anyone else but my time is set in stone until June of 2011.

Wed - 10:30 PM EST to 11:30 PM EST.

If I am able to get any time in outside of that it's because I will be blessed with a little help from my friends.

#90 Megiddo_CAG   Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade! Trading Timeout - Under Review   2283 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Megiddo_CAG

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:13 AM

Fun playing with you mdamore, thanks for helping me out on some of the quests I was doing. Definitely a fun game so far.