- - - - -

CAG Lord of the Rings Online Kinship

#121 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5592 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:08 AM

Thanks for the reminder Draekon. Do you need to get the quest, or just head up in that area and look around? Also, are there any nasty high-level critters up there or do you think it is accessible to toons at any level?

Level 10 quest (Might be able to get it before 10, don't know). Here's details on it where it is and where to turn it in:

http://lotro.mmodb.c...riners-1674.php

Once completed you can buy three different cosmetic items from the quartermaster. Each item costs 25 bottles and 10 casks (total of 75 & 30) which you can easily get going up towards the captain (and then I basically used my map recall to bree and used travel back to buckland).

EDIT: On rare occasion a waterlogged locker will spawn in place of a keg or crate. These are light armored level 35 hats. Not bad for Loremaster or Rune Keepers.

Edited by Draekon, 18 September 2010 - 01:58 AM.

#122 I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK   X-Men Forever CAGiversary!   237 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:13 AM

Sweet. I didn't know anyone who played so I'm down.

Sufjan/Human Guardian

#123 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5592 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:54 AM

Yep, definitely spawn in rare waterlogged lockers. Logged on and then bam, I found one:

http://draekon.com/rarelocker.jpg

Which net me First Mate's Hat and Eyepatch, a level 35 hat. Should be decent for my class too.

Sweet. I didn't know anyone who played so I'm down.

Sufjan/Human Guardian

Just so you know, we can't add you until you complete the tutorial instance (optional) and then the newbie area. You'll be level 6 or 7 when you leave there by going through a solo instance.

#124 AK85   S-Jax CAGiversary!   1258 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:09 PM

I will get around to starting a new character on Riddermark here soon and I will post back with my details. When I was a subscriber I had a couple characters on Brandywine, so if any CAGs have characters on that server I would be down to play over there too.

#125 anarch   And all that could have been... CAGiversary!   2077 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:20 PM

D2D has the VIP starter pack for $14.95 after $5 code (PAX or PAX2010). While not as good as the $4.95 a week back, it gives 1000 Turbine points and a month of VIP (for an additional 500 Turbine points and other bonuses). Completely worth it, and you can stack Shadows SE and Moria on it for extra VIP months.

#126 Megazell   Linux Gamer CAGiversary!   5388 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Megazell

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

Just got into the Kinship today.

I will not be crafting. So if you need an item from drops email me in the game with what you need and as I get it will sent it to ya.

#127 I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK   X-Men Forever CAGiversary!   237 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:07 PM

Yep, definitely spawn in rare waterlogged lockers. Logged on and then bam, I found one:

Which net me First Mate's Hat and Eyepatch, a level 35 hat. Should be decent for my class too.

Just so you know, we can't add you until you complete the tutorial instance (optional) and then the newbie area. You'll be level 6 or 7 when you leave there by going through a solo instance.

Ha, yeah. I figured that might of happened. I'll let you know when I finish.

#128 AdvOfJet   Brotherhood of Darkness CAGiversary!   1615 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:09 PM

Just as a note of clarification if anyone is going to hunt these down.

There are 3 lvl 35 rare items which are the First Mates Hat, First Mate's Eyepatch, and First Mate's Hat and Eye Patch.

There are also 3 lvl 45 rare items which are the same as the ones above except they are the Captain's variety instead of the First Mate.

#129 AK85   S-Jax CAGiversary!   1258 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:01 AM

Alright made it thru the opening section just now.

AK85 - Legionarius - Elf Hunter

#130 vlt1p  

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:30 AM

volt1up - Vanmurdergood - Human Champion

#131 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5592 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:33 AM

Sent out some improved crafting tools to seven people and myself yesterday. When the other people start either playing more or leveling up more I'll throw a set their way.

I will not be crafting. So if you need an item from drops email me in the game with what you need and as I get it will sent it to ya.

You should really take up Explorer at least so you can sell ore/ingots and logs/planks. They sell pretty decent and you'll end up with some gems from mining that'll sell decently well too. However at this point you'd need to grind the first tier since you're basically into tier 2 nodes now.

Though if you don't want to, it doesn't matter either.

#132 Megazell   Linux Gamer CAGiversary!   5388 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Megazell

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:38 AM

You should really take up Explorer at least so you can sell ore/ingots and logs/planks. They sell pretty decent and you'll end up with some gems from mining that'll sell decently well too. However at this point you'd need to grind the first tier since you're basically into tier 2 nodes now.

Though if you don't want to, it doesn't matter either.

I hear you and I read up a bit on it but it's too much time from me that I don't have. Usually, I play by drop if the game does not drop it chances are my character won't have it. All of my ingame currency and Turbine points will go towards making my character as fast as possible so I can get stuff done as fast as possible.

#133 Psybuster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   687 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:52 AM

Kinda strange question to ask, but what's the lowest level that Mines of Moria expansion content (quests and zones) becomes relevant/playable? If it's like 45+ I'll just not add the key right away and resell on eBay if I don't like the game as much as I imagined I would.

#134 DarkonJohn   Growing backlog CAGiversary!   941 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

DarkonJohn

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:38 AM

Hey, can you invite "Sneakythief" to the Kinship? Teamed up with him last night and was interested in joining up but I wasn't able to send the request myself.

Thx.

#135 redline   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1007 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:46 PM

Kinda strange question to ask, but what's the lowest level that Mines of Moria expansion content (quests and zones) becomes relevant/playable? If it's like 45+ I'll just not add the key right away and resell on eBay if I don't like the game as much as I imagined I would.

Moria is a level 50-60 expansion. Keep in mind your Moria key will give you access to two additional classes (Rune-keeper and Warden) if you are interested in trying those. I believe it also gives you two additional character slots.

#136 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5592 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:06 PM

Moria is a level 50-60 expansion. Keep in mind your Moria key will give you access to two additional classes (Rune-keeper and Warden) if you are interested in trying those. I believe it also gives you two additional character slots.

And free VIP for 30 days (even if you buy it with TP if I heard correctly).

#137 tukai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1136 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:51 PM

I played a lvl 50 hunter and quit right before MoM came out. I logged back in and clueless and rusty on the hunters. Can anyone fill me in on some of the changes or how to get back in the swing of things? I made a RK and am having fun, but really miss the hunter

#138 DarkonJohn   Growing backlog CAGiversary!   941 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

DarkonJohn

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:04 PM

And free VIP for 30 days (even if you buy it with TP if I heard correctly).

I'm not so sure you'll get +30 VIP days with TP purchase of MoM. I know I didn't get +30 days when I purchased SoM with TP (the only way you can purchase). Regardless, the $9.99 Amazon deal is less expensive and definitely does get you +30 days (unless you are using an account that has already been upgraded to MoM).

#139 Logg   Every Time I Die CAGiversary!   1383 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:15 AM

Started a RuneKepper named Loggjaw

#140 crystalklear64   Ded CAGiversary!   13616 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

crystalklear64

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:54 AM

nice, have a level 10 a 12 and a 1 on riddermark just popped in to see which server the clan is on and surprisingly the cag clan is on riddermark.

crystalklear64 - Wasp/Human Burglar - Gheed/Dwarf Hunter, Jams/Hobbit Minstrel

tried out all the classes except the two pay ones and the burglar has been the most fun so far, though the minstrel also has it charms (mainly discovering that I could hook up my usb keyboard and play actual songs albeit with forced time signatures in game.)

#141 nuromutt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

nuromutt

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:33 PM

Tjinn hobbit minstrel, I'd like to join.

What was the final consensus on younger players? My boys 10 and 12 play too. They are pretty mature for their age but I understand if ppl dont want younguns in the kin.

#142 Megazell   Linux Gamer CAGiversary!   5388 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Megazell

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:37 PM

What was the final consensus on younger players? My boys 10 and 12 play too. They are pretty mature for their age but I understand if ppl dont want younguns in the kin.

I think most ppl here are OK with playing with all ages.

#143 DarkonJohn   Growing backlog CAGiversary!   941 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

DarkonJohn

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

Personally, I'm OK with giving it a shot, but I do have two concerns you might want to consider before making a decision:

If for some reason it doesn't work out, they could be asked to leave at some point. I dont' expect this to happen, but who knows.

The other concern is that, since we are assusming the kin members are "mature", someone (possibly me), might not realize their age and could say something you might consider inappropriate. I wouldn't want to teach them any bad habits or new words and I certainly have a few bad habits I could unintentionaly pass on ;).

I think we've got a good group of people so far so I don't think this is a big concern, but each parent needs to decide for themselves what they want to expose their kids to.

#144 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5592 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:55 PM

I say damn a lot. You have been warned.

Though there is a profanity filter.

#145 crystalklear64   Ded CAGiversary!   13616 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

crystalklear64

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:20 PM

when do you guys play? i was on for a bit yesterday but only whoever has the character Sorcha, was on.

#146 DarkonJohn   Growing backlog CAGiversary!   941 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

DarkonJohn

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:06 AM

when do you guys play? i was on for a bit yesterday but only whoever has the character Sorcha, was on.

What time zone are you in?

I tend to play a lot when I first get into a game like this, trying to hit the max level with my main toon, so I've been on in the evenings (west coast) on weekdays and will likely be on various times on the weekends.

However, I expect my weekday time will decrease over the coming weeks as I get leveled up and start to catch up on other things in life.

#147 nuromutt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

nuromutt

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:52 AM

Neither my wife or I swear but we don't try to pretend to our kids that others don't. We have a friend who always forgets not to swear when she is around our kids and they smirk and leave the room when she starts in.

They are not perfect but they are good kids and I don't worry about minor exposure to someone in a mmorpg because I trust our parenting and their judgement.

#148 Megazell   Linux Gamer CAGiversary!   5388 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Megazell

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:31 AM

Wed 10:30 EST to 11:30 EST and Sun (random).

#149 Kaltic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:36 PM

Pretty much everybody is fine with whatever age as long as they are mature.

#150 m_d_amore   BrooKlyn Bum CAGiversary!   2029 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

m_d_amore

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:28 AM

Why'd you leave us Kaltic?
found a love of gnomes?