Looking for the best price on the Xbox 360 Wi-Fi adapter.

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Xbox-360-wifiX-V-97123-3.jpg

Who's got the best deal runnin'?

I believe those run around $100, perhaps that's the black ones though. Personally, I would spend my money on something I could use on multiple systems or computers. I just got this:

http://www.amazon.com/Netgear-85Mbps-Powerline-Network-Adapter/dp/B001AZUTCS/ref=pd_ys_iyr_img

So far, it's awesome. Ethernet over power adapter. Connect one to your router, plug it into an outlet. Connect the other one to your system, plug it into an outlet. Internet.

Microsoft doesn't need more of my money and I can use this on my computer, laptop, ps3, whatever else.

[quote name='DcupsOfJustice']I believe those run around $100, perhaps that's the black ones though. Personally, I would spend my money on something I could use on multiple systems or computers. I just got this:

http://www.amazon.com/Netgear-85Mbps-Powerline-Network-Adapter/dp/B001AZUTCS/ref=pd_ys_iyr_img

So far, it's awesome. Ethernet over power adapter. Connect one to your router, plug it into an outlet. Connect the other one to your system, plug it into an outlet. Internet.

Microsoft doesn't need more of my money and I can use this on my computer, laptop, ps3, whatever else.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm using a Airport Express as my wireless router, so no ethernet ports there.

Go for eBay. I just got a black one for $55 (which is not that bad a ripoff, really... the black adapter is dual-band wireless N, and those adapters are $60ish for PCs too). You might have to troll a few auctions to get the best price, but it's better than paying $100.

[quote name='Moltres423']Can't you use third party adapters? I remember reading that somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Flash Memory (Up to 16GB) for storage, yes, but no wi-fi adapters to my knowledge.

My advice if you haven't already got one would be to check pawn shops.

It seems the real hardcore gamers are upgrading their xbox 360's to the new model that includes wireless and are selling their adapters for cheap.

I recently picked up a black adapter for $22 at my local pawn shop. They don't have any more through...

[quote name='maximumzero']Flash Memory (Up to 16GB) for storage, yes, but no wi-fi adapters to my knowledge.[/QUOTE] Negative. Just did a google search and there are alternate ways to get a 360 to connect wireless-ly to the internet.

Not too hard to find either.

bread's done
Back