CAG IRC Chat?

Phelmo

CAGiversary!
How to connect vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1czet48m5_4

Ok so after chatting with people in the live stream chat box, I decided that it would be a good idea if there was a way for CAG's to be able to chat together. So now I have made a Cheap Ass Gamer IRC channel that anybody can join. There are just a few rules:
Code:
1) No Racism
2) No Trolling
3) No flooding. 
4) No inappropriate user names 
5) No impersonating admins / moderators.
6) Making fun of someone's religion.
7) Cybering / Cybersex (Unless it's you Cheapy ;D)
8) ONLY SPEAK IN ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may get banned for breaking any one of these rules, however the length is down to the moderators discretion. You will also be warned before actually getting banned in 9/10 cases.

This is how you connect to the IRC chat.

Code:
1) Go to [URL="http://lightirc.com/download.html"]the LightIRC download page and download the client.[/URL]
2) Open up "index.html". 
3) Type /join CheapAssGamer

And you should be in..

The other way of doing this is:
1) Download any random IRC client.
2) Type /server irc.lightirc.com
3) Type /join CheapAssGamer

[quote name='Scorch']for those of you who have mirc installed.. 

irc://irc.lightirc.com:6667/cheapassgamer

should get you there..

if you connect with a mobile client.. connect to irc.lightirc.com and /join #cheapassgamer[/QUOTE]
for those of you who have mirc installed.. 

should get you there..

if you connect with a mobile client.. connect to irc.lightirc.com and /join #cheapassgamer
Hopefully you come along.

@Important CAG'ers. If you are interested in the IRC chat and want something to do with it, contact me. Also, if you decided to make your own IRC channel for CAG then that's fine by me, but I don't see much point. The server that I made this one on is fast&stable, plus I can give people the exact same power level that I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would set one up myself but my internet has been on the blink so it would be laggy and down a lot (which would basically suck). Hopefully someone important thinks this is a good idea so that something is done about it.

Ok so go to the LightIRC site. Download the client and when it's done, open index.html.

When you are on there type "/join CheapAssGamer"

That should put you in the CAG IRC channel.

Re-Read first post for a better guide.

I'm gonna re-post this thread in the section 2 above this one, it seems like a more appropriate now that I know it's something that a few people might be interested in.

Last edited by a moderator:
for those of you who have mirc installed..

should get you there..

if you connect with a mobile client.. connect to irc.lightirc.com and /join #cheapassgamer

bread's done
Back