Most games on eidos store 75%

Should also mention this is UK only in the title.

This sale has been going on for over a week now, too.

EDIT: I'm not trying to be a hater, at all. Just fyi :)

Hmm. looks like that puts Just Cause 2 at around $10.00 US, Does anyone know if this is one you can activate on steam? its listed under there Retail Cd Keys but it implys it only takes certain serials.

[quote name='drakesvg']Hmm. looks like that puts Just Cause 2 at around $10.00 US, Does anyone know if this is one you can activate on steam? its listed under there Retail Cd Keys but it implys it only takes certain serials.[/QUOTE]

The link above to the Steam forum discussion shows how to make the purchase go through for Just Cause 2 and mentions he registered the serial on Steam, so I'm assuming it works for all of them. Thinking about that one myself.

[quote name='Liveforlaughs76']Would steam crack down on purchasing a game from another region?[/QUOTE]

I bought Dawn of War II from THQ's UK store for 6.00 last January. They email you a serial, which I doubt is region specific, and you just enter it in. I don't think they even know. Works the same way on Just Cause I am guessing.

This seems awfully complicated to get JC2 for $10. I think I'm just gunna wait till the holidays, I'm betting it will be like $7.50 christmas time on Steam. But, more power to yah if you get it to work!

Great deal! I bought Just Cause 2 and already activated it on Steam. I am in Europe though.
If you look at the system requirements for JC2 Steam is required to play the game, so it can and needs to be activated no matter where you buy it.

Thanks a bunch for alerting me to this OP! Guys quit whining, it took only 5 minutes to buy it and around 15 minutes to receive the email. Just go to daveproxy.co.uk and type in the site. Be sure to UNCHECK "enc URL" at the bottom of the page ("enc Page" should already be unchecked). Then make a new account (use a Sweden address) and click purchase as a gift. Then choose your form of payment and go to the next page (It'll have space to enter your CC info). This next step is VERY IMPORTANT! Copy the link at the top of the dave.proxy toolbar (something like https://na.gsip.....) and open it in a new tab (WITHOUT A PROXY). Then enter your info and hit submit. It'll then say "Transaction Failed," but don't click anything else and just wait a few minutes. Don't worry, the purchase will have worked, just wait to receive the email with the serial for steam. Hope this helps! BTW, I'm in Texas, so it'll work if you're in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Liveforlaughs76']hm the proxy's not working for me. Whenever I click the "account" or "buy" buttons the page doesn't do anything.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I accidentally added an extra period to the address, it's supposed to be daveproxy.co.uk. Also I forgot to add that you're supposed to uncheck "enc URL" before you enter the eidos site thru the daveproxy homepage (both enc URL and enc Page must be unchecked). It should now let you go thru the full process.

Got it to work the way you said, now it's just time to wait for the email!

It worked! Thanks so much dallascowboys, truly appreciate it!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back