* * * * * 4 votes

3D Blu-Ray thread

#3331 anderson4145   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   571 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

anderson4145

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:54 PM

Exactly how I feel

#3332 numchuk nate   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

numchuk nate

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:59 PM

I bit on Darkest Hour. Hopefully it will meet my very, very low expectations.

Another $5 disc, back ordered at Amazon:

Step Up Revolution
http://www.amazon.co...m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Surely it's worth $5?

Edit: Looks like they're matching BB
http://www.bestbuy.c...3&skuId=6933531

#3333 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1727 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:54 AM

I just bought Hubble 3D to watch with the kids for 17 bucks off ebay from buy.com . Looks like it was around 15 last year but much higher these days. Other than my worry it's some bootleg it may be a good deal.

My question is are there any other really great 3D documentaries I could get? I hear Cave of Forgotten Dreams is great but it may be a little too nuanced for the 6 year old and 4 year old.

#3334 consoleman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

consoleman

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:25 AM

I've been picking up any 3D titles for cheap no matter how good or bad that I got Step Up Revolution 3D. Not every one's cup of tea, I know. I never saw this one but did enjoy the other Step Up movies good enough to pick this one up.

Along with The Darkest Hour for $4.99, you can't beat the price for the 3D experience.

#3335 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   700 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:22 AM

Just bought The Bubble, Texas Chainsaw, and Tekken: Blood Vengeance. Happy with the 3D on all of them. Still though, it's hard to surpass the fun gimmicky effects on The Mad Magician. Just wish I could get a physical copy of that one as well--but it looks like PSN is still the only way to acquire it. Amazing transfer though, if you're willing to shell out $30 like I did. 

#3336 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   7371 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:24 PM

I've been picking up any 3D titles for cheap no matter how good or bad that I got Step Up Revolution 3D. Not every one's cup of tea, I know. I never saw this one but did enjoy the other Step Up movies good enough to pick this one up.

Along with The Darkest Hour for $4.99, you can't beat the price for the 3D experience.

I got the same two as well.  It's hard to turn down $5 3D Blus.  I wasn't going to get Step Up originally until I noticed they still had one copy left with slipcover/clear packaging, because it's hard to resist unique packaging as well.

#3337 KyleN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   512 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:44 PM

I imported the latest Step Up (5?) 3D BD but haven't had a chance to watch yet. It's really disappointing how more and more 3D releases are getting skipped here in the U.S.

Check here for Up-to-Date list of Current/Upcoming 3D BD titles (since this forum no longer has Wiki Posts)

kyool.jpg

#3338 consoleman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

consoleman

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

I imported the latest Step Up (5?) 3D BD but haven't had a chance to watch yet. It's really disappointing how more and more 3D releases are getting skipped here in the U.S.

I'm hearing there's a possibility that studios may not be supporting 3D when 4K bluray comes out. It is disappointing. For the current generation of bluray, I'm just going to get anything in 3D as they go on sale.

#3339 Captain Wrong   ... CAGiversary!   312 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Captain Wrong

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:50 PM

Jurassic Park 3D $18 @ Amazon. Just a heads up.

#3340 KyleN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   512 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:39 PM

According to Blu-Ray.com there is supposed to be a re-release on May 12 with movie cash for the new film.

Check here for Up-to-Date list of Current/Upcoming 3D BD titles (since this forum no longer has Wiki Posts)

kyool.jpg

#3341 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   42349 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:49 PM

According to Blu-Ray.com there is supposed to be a re-release on May 12 with movie cash for the new film.

Worth waiting a month for, then, if it'll come with movie cash.  Hopefully not drop any features from the current release like the UV or DC.

#3342 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   939 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:18 PM

Yeah if it's the 3D version with movie cash I will just wait. Got a family of four who all go see these big summer movies so every bit of movie cash helps, especially with 3D upcharges

#3343 anderson4145   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   571 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

anderson4145

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:48 PM

here's the link to the jurassic park 3d with fandango movie money

it was actually available for a short time for the same price as the normal version but got pulled down. Hopefully it come back soon

http://www.amazon.co...N=B00TPL8DPE&m=

#3344 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   42349 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:24 AM

it was actually available for a short time for the same price as the normal version but got pulled down. Hopefully it come back soon

Thanks.  Set up the notification for when it comes back for sale.

#3345 rbenns2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   832 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:10 AM

I'm hearing there's a possibility that studios may not be supporting 3D when 4K bluray comes out. It is disappointing. For the current generation of bluray, I'm just going to get anything in 3D as they go on sale.

Then it's another excuse not to get a 4K.

#3346 consoleman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

consoleman

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:13 PM

Then it's another excuse not to get a 4K.

Hoping there's at least a 4k player that can upscale current 3D blurays to 4k. Anyway, I have no plans to be one of the early adopters of 4k. Too pricey early on as is the case for any new technology.

#3347 rbenns2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   832 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:20 PM

Hoping there's at least a 4k player that can upscale current 3D blurays to 4k. Anyway, I have no plans to be one of the early adopters of 4k. Too pricey early on as is the case for any new technology.

Upsacales are never as good as native. Hopefully, the rumors won't turn out to be true, though (although it seems the bad ones always seem to come true), as 4K and 3-D = mega awesome!

The price is coming down. Still some ways to go, but 2 years ago they were $3-4,000, now there are already sets under $1000.

#3348 consoleman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

consoleman

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:56 AM

Upsacales are never as good as native. Hopefully, the rumors won't turn out to be true, though (although it seems the bad ones always seem to come true), as 4K and 3-D = mega awesome!

The price is coming down. Still some ways to go, but 2 years ago they were $3-4,000, now there are already sets under $1000.

I was excited seeing a number of 4k tv's out with 3D for $1500 or less for a 55in model. It's upsetting if tv manufacturers are providing the hardware to support 4k 3D (although the final specs won't be finalized till 4k blurays finally make its way to market) but the movie studios are saying they won't support it. True, upscaling will never look as impressive as what true 4k 3d is capable of, but if that's the only way to enjoy 3D at home, so be it. It will still look better than 3D on 1080p and if consumers can show more support for the current generation of 3D titles, maybe it can send a message to the studios.

#3349 Bluecomputerpro   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Bluecomputerpro

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:24 PM

[quote name="consoleman" post="12660904" if consumers can show more support for the current generation of 3D titles, maybe it can send a message to the studios.[/quote]

Agreed although I'm a late adopter, being a projector guy. 3-d start up cost were hogi a few years ago. Now I'm all in as the tech is getting more dated. Cannot jump up to 4k projection till far in the future. But it will be worth the wait
May the ghost of Cheap Ass past guide us on our path to CAG greatness

#3350 consoleman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

consoleman

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:16 AM

Agreed although I'm a late adopter, being a projector guy. 3-d start up cost were hogi a few years ago. Now I'm all in as the tech is getting more dated. Cannot jump up to 4k projection till far in the future. But it will be worth the wait

I'm a late adopter myself. It's only lately that 3D blurays have been more reasonably priced that I began collecting them. I have no plans to get 4k until the technology is mature. Or if miraculously Star Wars appear on 4K bluray, I would jump on it really quick. :)

#3351 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8463 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:29 AM

Speaking of 4K TV's this is my sony 850A, currently  batteling out with Sony to get me a replacement, this happened a year to the day that I received it, the lines have gotten worst.

17189159056_886c233969_c.jpgUntitled

#3352 Bluecomputerpro   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Bluecomputerpro

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:50 AM

Wow thar sucks. The very reason I'm waiting as long as possible. Either way I'm not buying a tv, PJ only. The good stuff belongs in the man cave

Consoleman if you have a family video near by I've been getting my 3d's any where from $2.50 to $10. Good place to milk
May the ghost of Cheap Ass past guide us on our path to CAG greatness

#3353 consoleman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

consoleman

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:07 PM

Wow thar sucks. The very reason I'm waiting as long as possible. Either way I'm not buying a tv, PJ only. The good stuff belongs in the man cave

Consoleman if you have a family video near by I've been getting my 3d's any where from $2.50 to $10. Good place to milk

Unfortunately, I don't have a family video near me but I can check out their website.

#3354 TheCarsForever   The Cars Forever! CAGiversary!   339 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

TheCarsForever

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:43 PM

Jurassic Park 3D $18 @ Amazon. Just a heads up.

Jurassic Park 3D is back for $17.99 on Amazon.  It doesn't specifically note including Fandango cash, but that doesn't mean it isn't the new packaging that does.  $18 is a good deal either way, so it will be a nice bonus if the movie cash is included.

#3355 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   939 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:04 PM

Have the new movie cash blu's hit retail stores yet? If so it would be worth just having target, best buy, etc. price match Amazon

#3356 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   42349 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:14 PM

This now shows up as "Test ASIN" on Amazon, so I don't think this a valid link any longer, plus price went up to $29.99.   Click on the link and you'll see.

Jurassic Park 3D is back for $17.99 on Amazon.  It doesn't specifically note including Fandango cash, but that doesn't mean it isn't the new packaging that does.  $18 is a good deal either way, so it will be a nice bonus if the movie cash is included.

Nothing in the reviews about it coming with the movie cash, so if it's coming with it, it's not happened in the last week or two.

#3357 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   939 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:49 PM

The Amazon link is likely for the previous movie cash release that came out before the 3D theatrical release

According to bluray.com, the new Fandango cash release is scheduled for release on May 12. Since that's a Tuesday, I'm betting the new Fandango cash blus are marked for and will hold to that street day release