* * * * * 4 votes

3D Blu-Ray thread

#3721 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1322 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:37 AM

Just wait. I'm still waiting on TMNT and Transformers to be dirt cheap. I missed out on the Frys BF deal cause they messed up.

Transformers was $9 at Fry's but also $12.99 at Best Buy during BF and the weeks leading up to Christmas. TMNT was also $12.99 at Best Buy. It's unlikely they will be that cheap again at retail until BF again. Can sometimes find good deals on the bluray.com forums and ebay though

#3722 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:10 PM

I know not the greatest movie but i picked this up in store today for $15 it was a Amazon Exclusive from about a year ago so figured for $15 it was worth it at least for the head since it lights up 

Kst6C5o.jpg

f58t4eP.jpg

The-Amazing-Spider-Man-2-Amazon-Blu-ray-

#3723 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2132 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:37 PM

I know not the greatest movie but i picked this up in store today for $15 it was a Amazon Exclusive from about a year ago so figured for $15 it was worth it at least for the head since it lights up 

Kst6C5o.jpg

f58t4eP.jpg

The-Amazing-Spider-Man-2-Amazon-Blu-ray-

That's a great deal but I hated that movie so much I sold it on ebay. And I still own Rio (ok, it's for the kids but still)

#3724 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   8669 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:43 PM

Don't think Dreamer mentioned it but the place that is selling it for $15 is Dollar General.  They seem to get some cool movie-related items in every once in a while.

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:21 PM

That's a great deal but I hated that movie so much I sold it on ebay. And I still own Rio (ok, it's for the kids but still)

My god that is one ugly bust.  It's so veiny  :-(

#3726 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1322 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:31 PM

I bought the regular Spidey 2 3D during BF only because it was $7, figured the price was worth it just to watch the 3D action scenes but yeah otherwise the movie was garbage

#3727 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   812 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:38 PM

As a huge Spider-man fan, I really, really loved many parts of ASM2 and really, really hated some others, but, yeah- that Jamie Foxx case for the movie is... blech.

Posted Image

#3728 consoleman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   445 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

consoleman

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:29 PM

Thought the last 2 Spider-man movies were OK but nowhere near great like the first 2 Tobey Maguire movies were.

I hear they're rebooting the series yet again. Hopefully the reboot don't veer too far from the original material like the latest Fantastic Four movie did thinking they can appeal to a younger crowd but it just ended up flopping.

#3729 elessar123  

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:58 PM

A little weird they're not doing a Miles Morales film, with the All New Marvel stuff.

Actually, I take that back. We don't see Natalie Portman as Thor either.

elessar123.pnggpOYCAm.jpg

#3730 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1330 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2016 - 08:09 PM

A little weird they're not doing a Miles Morales film, with the All New Marvel stuff.

They've teased that, after Phase 3, we might be seeing some of these alternate versions, especially if the current actors decline to continue.

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:22 PM

Thor is a name though, not a title.  So if some bitch did steal his powers he'd still be Thor.... just not god of thunder or w/e.

Thought the last 2 Spider-man movies were OK but nowhere near great like the first 2 Tobey Maguire movies were.

I hear they're rebooting the series yet again. Hopefully the reboot don't veer too far from the original material like the latest Fantastic Four movie did thinking they can appeal to a younger crowd but it just ended up flopping.

Ugh, no.  The 1st Tobey Maguire one had it's moments, but 2 and 3 were more chick flick than superhero movie.

#3732 consoleman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   445 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

consoleman

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:11 PM

Ugh, no. The 1st Tobey Maguire one had it's moments, but 2 and 3 were more chick flick than superhero movie.

Still they were far better films than the latest 2 movies and while the movies did have a chick flick quality to them, it stuck true to the comics. It's like saying the comic books reads too romantic because of the PP/MJ relationship. The fighting scenes against Green Goblin and Doc Ock in the first movies were way more impressive than the ones in the new movies with the Lizard and the deeply-altered Green Goblin and Electro. The last two movies just left you feeling empty and down which isn't what a good superhero movie should do and that's probably why they didn't play that well in theaters.

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:37 PM

Still they were far better films than the latest 2 movies and while the movies did have a chick flick quality to them, it stuck true to the comics. It's like saying the comic books reads too romantic because of the PP/MJ relationship. The fighting scenes against Green Goblin and Doc Ock in the first movies were way more impressive than the ones in the new movies with the Lizard and the deeply-altered Green Goblin and Electro. The last two movies just left you feeling empty and down which isn't what a good superhero movie should do and that's probably why they didn't play that well in theaters.

I'll admit I quit reading the Spider-Man comics shortly after Venom was introduced (mid to late 80's I think) because they'd just become sooooo stupid and soooo shitty (Spider-Lizard was a very low point).  My memory probably isn't nearly as reliable as yours if you've read the comics anytime recently, but I do remember the relationships still took a backseat to the action in most arcs.  Maybe that's not the case in the modern comics, but if the movies wanna appeal to old guys like me they should focus more on the legacy stuff anyways lol.

I didn't think the 1st ASM was necessarily bad either, though the 2nd one undoubtedly was.

#3734 consoleman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   445 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

consoleman

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:56 PM

I'll admit I quit reading the Spider-Man comics shortly after Venom was introduced (mid to late 80's I think) because they'd just become sooooo stupid and soooo shitty (Spider-Lizard was a very low point). My memory probably isn't nearly as reliable as yours if you've read the comics anytime recently, but I do remember the relationships still took a backseat to the action in most arcs. Maybe that's not the case in the modern comics, but if the movies wanna appeal to old guys like me they should focus more on the legacy stuff anyways lol.

I didn't think the 1st ASM was necessarily bad either, though the 2nd one undoubtedly was.

I think I quit comics in the early 90s so I'm about as knowledgeable as you when it comes to modern-day comics. The comics did go as far as PP marrying MJ but that took place after I already quit collecting.

Fighting villains while dealing with with personal problems, even girl problems, was always in the comics as Stan Lee himself said when he created the character and worked on the storyline. I think he was a consultant in the movies too so I think he wanted these things in the movies. Anyway, you know Hollywood. The hero saving the girl plays big on the big screen at least in the days of those first Spidey movies. Nowadays, the girl will be more than happy to save themselves and that was what they did in the Gwen Stacy storyline in the new movies. That was different than the original comic but the final ending remained the same.

#3735 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2132 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:58 PM

Couple of quick questions:

1. Doesn't look like there were any Everest deals other than a lower Amazon price that's now gone up. Any cartwheel or other coupons out there? Would pick up today on a Target run if I could get it for 20 bucks.

2. Saw the Harlock review and wondered if anyone had watched the 3D version and had an opinion. I'd potentially get the Zavvi version as I'm generally too scared to get a bootleg of this kind of film off ebay. The steelbook is essentially 30 shipped so is there anyone selling a legit version for 15 bucks or less? At 20 or more I'd probably just pay extra for the SB.

#3736 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8956 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:02 AM

It's $22.99 on target.com, you can pm that price in store. Other than that it's $29.99 everywhere. It's a universal title, those prices stick for a while I think.

#3737 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   8669 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:25 PM

It's $22.99 on target.com, you can pm that price in store. Other than that it's $29.99 everywhere. It's a universal title, those prices stick for a while I think.

You can also order on the website for in-store pickup.  Currently debating doing this myself.

#3738 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   5234 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:32 PM

Everest was OK to me. I saw it in IMAX 3D. Didnt really notice much 3D for that movie.

#3739 anderson4145   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   644 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

anderson4145

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:09 PM

Amazon lowered the price of Everest back down to $22.99

http://www.amazon.co...m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

#3740 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1322 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:58 PM

Oh man just got back from an estate sale I saw an ad on Craigslist for and got a nice haul - Prometheus, Hugo, Tron Legacy, Tintin, MIB 3, Cars 2 and Top Gun - all for $25!
The guy who passed away was a retired high school math teacher and had a huge collection of movies. Massive amount of DVD's a smaller section of blu rays and amongst those I picked out everything 3D. A few of these I already have so I will trade or sell but I just couldn't pass up a good deal. Upon inspection all discs, digital copies and Sony/DMR points are accounted for too

#3741 KyleN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   546 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:22 PM

one day sale at Amazon.ca 50% off The Hobbit: Trilogy [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital Copy] ~USD 34.48 (non-extended)

Check here for Up-to-Date list of Current/Upcoming 3D BD titles (since this forum no longer has Wiki Posts)

kyool.jpg

#3742 anderson4145   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   644 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

anderson4145

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:12 PM

one day sale at Amazon.ca 50% off The Hobbit: Trilogy [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital Copy] ~USD 34.48 (non-extended)

Damn bought them at $20 each and still haven't watched them. I should have waited, great deal.

#3743 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10882 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:56 AM

Damn bought them at $20 each and still haven't watched them. I should have waited, great deal.

I bought $7 Each at Walmart back in November ;)

"Evil is Funs"

#3744 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1015 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:51 AM

Anyone pick up Harlock Space Pirate in 3D?

One of the few CG films from Japan actually released in the US in 3D. The 3D is incredible too. Highly recommend it. Ended up paying $35 through Twilight Time's site (only place I've seen it available), but with a limited run of only 3500, I have no regrets. Quite possibly one of my favorite 3D blu-rays I own. 

AnimeWasteland%20copy_zpsk5yceau8.jpg

#3745 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2132 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:27 PM

2. Saw the Harlock review and wondered if anyone had watched the 3D version and had an opinion. I'd potentially get the Zavvi version as I'm generally too scared to get a bootleg of this kind of film off ebay. The steelbook is essentially 30 shipped so is there anyone selling a legit version for 15 bucks or less? At 20 or more I'd probably just pay extra for the SB.

Anyone pick up Harlock Space Pirate in 3D?

One of the few CG films from Japan actually released in the US in 3D. The 3D is incredible too. Highly recommend it. Ended up paying $35 through Twilight Time's site (only place I've seen it available), but with a limited run of only 3500, I have no regrets. Quite possibly one of my favorite 3D blu-rays I own. 

Thanks!

#3746 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   47025 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:10 PM

I bought $7 Each at Walmart back in November ;)

Let me go jump in my time machine and go take advantage of that price again. =;

#3747 TheCarsForever   The Cars Forever! CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

TheCarsForever

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:52 PM

Anyone found a great deal on Minions 3D?  I have not seen it drop much and have been holding off in the potentially unrealistic hopes that it would drop closer to $20.  The lowest I have been seeing is $27.96 at Walmart and Amazon but was hoping I had missed a great deal somewhere else.

#3748 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1322 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:17 PM

Yeah I haven't seen any deals on it either since release week but I'm in no rush so I'm just betting it's going to be a Black Friday deal somewhere. Until then you can always try eBay or the bluray.com forums. I've found some good deals in those places

#3749 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   8669 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:30 AM

FYI, looks like Good Dinosaur 3D will be $27.99 on release at most places.  Target did have a $5 gift card going for it though if you preorder online.

#3750 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   47025 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:51 PM

FYI, looks like Good Dinosaur 3D will be $27.99 on release at most places.  Target did have a $5 gift card going for it though if you preorder online.

That seems to be the only deal on it, save RedCard savings.

I think BB has a lenticular cover as an option on the non-3D version, otherwise nothing special this release go-around.

EDIT: Looks like The Peanuts Movie also has the same $27.99 + $5 eGC pre-order bonus as well.