* * * * * 4 votes

3D Blu-Ray thread

#4231 Girls with Guns   Girls With Guns CAGiversary!   213 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Girls with Guns

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:38 AM

Buy one less Aniplex release this year and you'll have more than enough.

Ha! I actually haven't bought a single Aniplex title in 2017 yet - but that's only because I've already imported over 20 Japanese anime releases this year instead, which are as much or even more costly than Aniplex releases.  I do have about 8-10 Aniplex titles I need to purchase to get caught up, but I probably will only get a few of those in the coming months, as I have 10 more JP imports to get before the end of the year...  8-[

#4232 KyleN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   583 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:30 PM

Looks like next week's 3D release of King Arthur: Legend of the Sword is from Warner Archive instead of the main Warner Bros like the other versions, so I'm guessing it won't be available in stores/it won't fall to less than $35 anytime soon. I may just hold off and see what the UK gets--there's no date for their release but the pre-order on Amazon UK is currently at least $10 cheaper than the US release.

#4233 encendido5   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4280 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:24 PM

Is there a different Blu Ray 3D release of Guardians of the Galaxy 2 coming?  The only one I saw is the $35 Steelbook version at Best Buy, but I don't need the 4K disc and was hoping to spend $25 at most.

fs_overall.png

#4234 GamerChris   It's a Funny Name. CAGiversary!   907 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

GamerChris

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:32 PM

Is there a different Blu Ray 3D release of Guardians of the Galaxy 2 coming?  The only one I saw is the $35 Steelbook version at Best Buy, but I don't need the 4K disc and was hoping to spend $25 at most.

Nope, it's only a Best Buy exclusive that comes with the 4K and steelbook. Better pre-order it if I were you.

#4235 encendido5   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4280 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:04 PM

Nope, it's only a Best Buy exclusive that comes with the 4K and steelbook. Better pre-order it if I were you.

Thanks, yeah just did. I guess I can sell the 4k disc and steelbook to recoup some money.

fs_overall.png

#4236 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10315 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:08 PM

Looks like next week's 3D release of King Arthur: Legend of the Sword is from Warner Archive instead of the main Warner Bros like the other versions, so I'm guessing it won't be available in stores/it won't fall to less than $35 anytime soon. I may just hold off and see what the UK gets--there's no date for their release but the pre-order on Amazon UK is currently at least $10 cheaper than the US release.

You can buy it from Bullmoose right now for $29.97 which is a bit steep, but the best deal for it at launch.  Doesn't even look like it comes with a slipcover.

#4237 KyleN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   583 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:12 PM

Starting at 4p ET today, Screen Archives will have the following Twilight Time titles for $19.95 each:

THE MAD MAGICIAN 3D
MISS SADIE THOMPSON 3D
MAN IN THE DARK 3D

#4238 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1684 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:06 AM

Amazon has Poltergeist 3D for $12.67. Almost tempted for a blind but, just don't know how the 3d is or the movie itself

#4239 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9582 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:22 AM

You can buy it from Bullmoose right now for $29.97 which is a bit steep, but the best deal for it at launch. Doesn't even look like it comes with a slipcover.

Someone on br.com mentioned there being a 4k - 3d import for around $40, looks like it's from South Korea.

#4240 Captain Wrong   ... CAGiversary!   649 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Captain Wrong

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:52 PM

Starting at 4p ET today, Screen Archives will have the following Twilight Time titles for $19.95 each:

THE MAD MAGICIAN 3D
MISS SADIE THOMPSON 3D
MAN IN THE DARK 3D

Thanks for the heads up. Been waiting on Mad Magician.

#4241 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1687 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:44 PM

Too late for preorders! Not available for shipping, and not available within 250 miles for store pickup, MCU steelbooks are never reprinted, so once they're gone (and it looks like they already are), they're gone for good. Going to try my luck release day, but likely will be cages full of them, with an employee telling me they are all reserved for preorderers. Looks like there will be a space in my MCU collection where this should have gone.

#4242 KyleN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   583 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:52 PM

Too late for preorders! Not available for shipping, and not available within 250 miles for store pickup, MCU steelbooks are never reprinted, so once they're gone (and it looks like they already are), they're gone for good. Going to try my luck release day, but likely will be cages full of them, with an employee telling me they are all reserved for preorderers. Looks like there will be a space in my MCU collection where this should have gone.

With the King Kong exclusive 4K/3D steelbook combo I was seeing the same thing, but I was finally able to order for store pickup on the Monday before or day of release.

#4243 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1687 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:21 PM

With the King Kong exclusive 4K/3D steelbook combo I was seeing the same thing, but I was finally able to order for store pickup on the Monday before or day of release.

That was King Kong. This is an MCU, which are notoriously low in number, or have a lot of demand. The first Guardians and Thor the Dark World sold out within minutes of the store opening, and those were identical to the regular versions in terms of content. This is the only way to get the 3-D version.

#4244 KyleN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   583 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:00 PM

That was King Kong. This is an MCU, which are notoriously low in number, or have a lot of demand. The first Guardians and Thor the Dark World sold out within minutes of the store opening, and those were identical to the regular versions in terms of content. This is the only way to get the 3-D version.

I would say check first thing on Tuesday morning to order online for store pickup and/or go right when the store opens--it's in the Weekly Ad, so it's likely they have some that will be for sale on release day.

#4245 encendido5   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4280 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:46 PM

Has anyone's GotG2 shipped yet from BB?  Mine still just shows "Pre-ordered" under status.  

fs_overall.png

#4246 KyleN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   583 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:05 PM

Has anyone's GotG2 shipped yet from BB?  Mine still just shows "Pre-ordered" under status.  

I selected Store Pickup--today mine changed to say "Status: Ready for Pickup on Tue, Aug 22"--yesterday still said preordered.

#4247 encendido5   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4280 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:11 PM

I selected Store Pickup--today mine changed to say "Status: Ready for Pickup on Tue, Aug 22"--yesterday still said preordered.

Hmm, I didn't have that option when I ordered it. I guess I'll wait and see, though I don't think I'll get it tomorrow if it doesn't ship soon.

fs_overall.png

#4248 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   861 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:35 PM

I guess I'm late to the party here- the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 Blu-ray comes out tomorrow, but the only place selling a 3D version is the Best Buy steelbook that sold out weeks ago?  And every version of it is "currently unavailable" on Amazon. 

What's going on with this release?  What have I missed?

Posted Image

#4249 anderson4145   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   686 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

anderson4145

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:42 PM

Just a heads up the 3d blu for Guardians 2 is region free so you could order of Zavvi or some other place.

#4250 encendido5   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4280 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:40 AM

So I checked my order status just now and it says it was delayed and my order would be cancelled if they couldn't ship it by the 20th.  Luckily, it looks like it's available for store pickup so I got one to pick up later today.

Go, go, go!

fs_overall.png

#4251 KyleN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   583 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:54 PM

The Best Buy 4K/3D version is now listed as available for store pickup-only at all the stores around me--if you want this, I would place an order immediately, before the stores open.

#4252 CocoCrisps  

CocoCrisps

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:59 PM

The Best Buy 4K/3D version is now listed as available for store pickup-only at all the stores around me--if you want this, I would place an order immediately, before the stores open.

Thanks!

#4253 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   861 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:27 PM

I also placed an order for it this morning!  I can't believe I paid almost $40 for a 3D Blu-ray, but I guess that's what it's going to take to support an almost dead format!

Posted Image

#4254 Mugen Power   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   991 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Mugen Power

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:49 PM

I also placed an order for it this morning! I can't believe I paid almost $40 for a 3D Blu-ray, but I guess that's what it's going to take to support an almost dead format!

Same here, and I don't even have a 3D TV. 🤐

Too bad the 3D SB didn't get a price drop like the regular one. The store I went to at noon ran out of the regular SB but still had 6 3D ones. Not surprising, especially given the price difference.

#4255 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1684 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:29 PM

Umm you guys aren't looking at the value in this a it's a Disney/marvel steelbook that comes with 4K, 3d, blu and dc. Its a fantastic deal for all of that. If you're looking to offset some of your cost sell off the 4K disc or dc/dmr points.
You also have to consider marvel/Disney movies don't go on sale that often. Catalog 3d titles are $35 - $40 msrp and those don't have steelbook for 4K discs.

#4256 Mugen Power   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   991 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Mugen Power

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:06 PM

Umm you guys aren't looking at the value in this a it's a Disney/marvel steelbook that comes with 4K, 3d, blu and dc. Its a fantastic deal for all of that. If you're looking to offset some of your cost sell off the 4K disc or dc/dmr points.
You also have to consider marvel/Disney movies don't go on sale that often. Catalog 3d titles are $35 - $40 msrp and those don't have steelbook for 4K discs.

Not really complaining, as I consciously made the decision to purchase the 3D version despite not having a 3D TV (and probably never will considering it's close to dead in the consumer market) nor a 4K TV/player yet.  But there's still no denying that ~$40 is a lot to pay for a single movie, even if it comes with all that extra stuff.

#4257 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1684 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:19 AM

Not accusing you of complaining but again, it's a great value for what it is.

#4258 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10315 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:42 PM

Looks like Best Buy has a 3D exclusive for Wonder Woman:

Top item on this search:

https://www.bestbuy....s=960&keys=keys

You can't see the exclusive in the individual product listing yet though.

#4259 panasonic   Joanna Dark CAGiversary!   4644 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:23 PM

So I want to order some 3d blu rays and 4k from UK. They are preorders so amazon region I don't think can be right. Its more likely to be region free right?

#4260 CocoCrisps  

CocoCrisps

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

So I want to order some 3d blu rays and 4k from UK. They are preorders so amazon region I don't think can be right. Its more likely to be region free right?

Hard to say. Only some but you have to do some research on it.