* * * * * 4 votes

3D Blu-Ray thread

#4441 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1866 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:35 PM

I preordered that and Coco 3D from Zavvi UK in case they sell out. Are these releases likely to be region free?

Most (but not all) Disney releases up to this point have been region free. Whether this will continue to be the case is yet to be determined. If it is, I'll probably place a similar order at some point.

#4442 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11388 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:57 AM

So it looks like we may finally be at the deathbed of 3D Blu Rays in the US.  Only upcoming title that I can see is Justice League.  By the way, Best Buy is currently offering a special version of that with trading cards (like they did with Wonder Woman) so I preordered it from there ($29.99).

#4443 KyleN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   632 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:13 AM

So it looks like we may finally be at the deathbed of 3D Blu Rays in the US. Only upcoming title that I can see is Justice League. By the way, Best Buy is currently offering a special version of that with trading cards (like they did with Wonder Woman) so I preordered it from there ($29.99).

There is also The Maze coming in April but have only seen on Amazon so far.

#4444 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:48 AM

The Zavvi 3D steelbooks don't typically come with digital codes, do they? I don't see that mentioned anywhere on the site for the few movies I have preordered. I've never ordered from them before because until now everything I've wanted in 3D has had a US release.

#4445 KyleN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   632 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:00 AM

The Zavvi 3D steelbooks don't typically come with digital codes, do they? I don't see that mentioned anywhere on the site for the few movies I have preordered. I've never ordered from them before because until now everything I've wanted in 3D has had a US release.

None of the UK Disney stuff comes with a digital copy, steelbook or otherwise.

#4446 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:21 AM

None of the UK Disney stuff comes with a digital copy, steelbook or otherwise.

Thanks for the reply. Not surprised, I guess. Not that the codes would have necessarily worked here, but it would have been nice to be able to sell them at least to recoup some of the cost of also having to grab them on digital UHD. Maybe I'll just also pick up the US 4K disc releases too. I wish this stuff was just still getting US releases. I absolutely hate having to double dip on a movie. I loved that the Best Buy Guardians 2 steelbook had 4K, 3D, 2D, and digital, and I was hoping that was going to become the norm.

#4447 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:04 PM

Zavvi has Black Panther 3D available for preorder, including a steelbook: https://www.zavvi.co...lack panther 3d

There's also a 4K steelbook as well.

#4448 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11388 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:15 PM

I noticed that King Arthur 3D had a price drop last night at Best Buy - to $19.99.  This has been the first time its been below $25 as far as I know.

https://www.bestbuy....?skuId=33160923

#4449 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11388 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:06 PM

Boss Baby 3D - $14.99 at Best Buy

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=5848547

#4450 TheCarsForever   The Cars Forever! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

TheCarsForever

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:50 PM

To make sure I am not missing anything, there are no plans for a US release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Coco or Cars 3 correct?  I have a Best Buy gift card burning a hole in my pocket and I will be getting the new Blade Runner but haven't been able to locate US versions of the other three movies.  TIA!

#4451 GamerChris   It's a Funny Name. CAGiversary!   946 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

GamerChris

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:13 PM

To make sure I am not missing anything, there are no plans for a US release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Coco or Cars 3 correct? I have a Best Buy gift card burning a hole in my pocket and I will be getting the new Blade Runner but haven't been able to locate US versions of the other three movies. TIA!

No US release plans unfortunately. Amazon UK or Zavvi is your best bet.

#4452 TheCarsForever   The Cars Forever! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

TheCarsForever

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:27 PM

No US release plans unfortunately. Amazon UK or Zavvi is your best bet.

Thanks - That's what I thought.  Here's hoping Amazon UK has another Disney Blu Ray promotion so I can get Cars 3 and Coco!

#4453 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1866 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:57 PM

Thanks - That's what I thought.  Here's hoping Amazon UK has another Disney Blu Ray promotion so I can get Cars 3 and Coco!

Those promotions usually happen in November, but occasionally we see it at other seemingly random times of the year. Good chance of seeing Coco and Cars 3, but only seen very select Marvel, and never seen any Star Wars films as part of the deal.

#4454 TheCarsForever   The Cars Forever! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

TheCarsForever

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:12 AM

Does anyone know of a way to get notified when Best Buy has something available?  I held off getting Blade Runner 2049 3D because I had a $100 best Buy gift card  coming from a sweepstakes win, but now it shows as sold out.  I suspect it will pop up again but don't see any way to be notified on the Best Buy site.

#4455 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1916 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:55 AM

Those promotions usually happen in November, but occasionally we see it at other seemingly random times of the year. Good chance of seeing Coco and Cars 3, but only seen very select Marvel, and never seen any Star Wars films as part of the deal.

Amazon UK is having the Disney 3D sale right now, comes to $24.81 after conversion. New titles like Coco are never part of the sale (not sure that's even come out on blu ray in the UK. But last time the promo was going on PotC and Cars 3 had just come out and weren't part of the sale, this time they are and I am going to order those two now.

They were just having a Marvel 3D sale the past couple weeks. Not sure if SW has ever been part of these sales but even if they never go on sale at least they are an option to order.

#4456 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   832 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:28 AM

Amazon UK is having the Disney 3D sale right now, comes to $24.81 after conversion. New titles like Coco are never part of the sale (not sure that's even come out on blu ray in the UK. But last time the promo was going on PotC and Cars 3 had just come out and weren't part of the sale, this time they are and I am going to order those two now.

They were just having a Marvel 3D sale the past couple weeks. Not sure if SW has ever been part of these sales but even if they never go on sale at least they are an option to order.

Link?

#4457 TheCarsForever   The Cars Forever! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

TheCarsForever

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:40 AM

The Amazon UK promotion can be found here. As noted Coco and Star Wars are not part of the promo - Coco because it is pre-sale and Star Wars because it is also pre-sale in addition to not being a Disney or Pixar Animated film.  The only movie being offered that I am missing is Cars 3 so I don't have a second one to get.  The 'regular' price for Cars 3 3D is 12 pounds but when I added it to my cart it changed to 10 pounds and even with shipping it was only $18.74 US dollars.  If you go for any of the Amazon UK deals you may want to turn on the Amazon currency converter option as that will charge you in US dollars and you won't be charged any currency conversion fees if your card charges them.

All of this said, I will likely wait for the next sale so I can get Coco and Cars 3 in a single deal.  Being able to get each one for 9 Pounds each is an even better deal for me since I will want them both.

#4458 TheCarsForever   The Cars Forever! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

TheCarsForever

Posted 05 March 2018 - 04:44 PM

Does anyone know of a way to get notified when Best Buy has something available?  I held off getting Blade Running 2049 3D because I had a $100 best Buy gift card  coming from a sweepstakes win, but now it shows as sold out.  I suspect it will pop up again but don't see any way to be notified on the Best Buy site.

For anyone interested, Best Buy just restocked Blade Runner 2049 3D.  I just kept checking and it became available again this morning.

EDIT: It sold out again a few minutes after I discovered it.  Not in stock long enough for me to complete the order.  If only I could find a way to be notified when something at Best Buy is back in stock like many other companies do.

#4459 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:27 PM

Walmart has it in stock for $29.95. https://www.walmart....gital/477457646

#4460 TheCarsForever   The Cars Forever! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

TheCarsForever

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:42 PM

Walmart has it in stock for $29.95. https://www.walmart....gital/477457646

Thanks for the head's up.  Unfortunately I cannot use the Best Buy Gift Card I won at Walmart :-P   If only Best Buy would have a notification system for when an item is back in stock I would be set.

#4461 Deadpool   I club baby seals CAGiversary!   2383 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:52 PM

Thanks for the head's up.  Unfortunately I cannot use the Best Buy Gift Card I won at Walmart :-P   If only Best Buy would have a notification system for when an item is back in stock I would be set.

If money isn't in a dire situation I'd suggest getting the Walmart one and then returning the Best Buy one to Walmart when you finally get to pick it up. 

#4462 TheCarsForever   The Cars Forever! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

TheCarsForever

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:09 PM

If money isn't in a dire situation I'd suggest getting the Walmart one and then returning the Best Buy one to Walmart when you finally get to pick it up. 

Nice thought, but the only reason I am getting the movie is that I have the Best Buy GC.  I enjoyed the first film and am interested in the second one, especially since I can get 3D, but am not really interested in spending $30 out of pocket.  It is possible that Best Buy will never get the movie again and I really don't shop at Best Buy very often - 4 hours to nearest store - so this is a good way to use a chunk of a card I won.  I will just handle being patient and continue to wish they had some sort of notification system for out of stock items like many other websites.

#4463 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1916 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:03 PM

Some titles on sale at Best Buy

https://www.bestbuy....s=960&keys=keys

#4464 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1866 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:23 PM

Some titles on sale at Best Buy

https://www.bestbuy....s=960&keys=keys

Amazon is price-matching many of them. Good thing, too, as many BB titles are already in-store only or sold out. Of course,  Amazon seems to add and remove the sale prices on their site to match BB's availability.

#4465 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1866 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:26 PM

Amazon UK is having the Disney 3D sale right now . . . They were just having a Marvel 3D sale the past couple weeks.

Gee, thanks for telling us about it.

#4466 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1916 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:55 PM

Gee you’re welcome

#4467 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1866 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:06 PM

Gee you’re welcome

Guess I deserved that. Just let us know if they do it again. There will be some titles I will definitely want by then.

#4468 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1916 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:53 PM

I think that a lot of us get our info from the Blu-ray.com boards, that’s where I found out about these particular deals. I found out about the marvel one at the tail end and forgot to mention it here. I guess I didn’t think anyone would be interested as all catalog marvel title are still available in 3D in the states. Recent Disney and Pixar titles are more newsworthy because the only way to get them now is by importing them and really worth it when they have these sales every once in a while.

#4469 KyleN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   632 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:33 AM

Screen Archives has Harlock Space Pirate for $15 until 3/28

http://www4.screenar...CIAL-PROMOTION/

#4470 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1866 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:59 PM

I think that a lot of us get our info from the Blu-ray.com boards, that’s where I found out about these particular deals. I found out about the marvel one at the tail end and forgot to mention it here. I guess I didn’t think anyone would be interested as all catalog marvel title are still available in 3D in the states. Recent Disney and Pixar titles are more newsworthy because the only way to get them now is by importing them and really worth it when they have these sales every once in a while.

True - I own all pre-Ragnarok Marvel titles, so this last sale wouldn't have helped me out much, but I would like to know when the next hits. It will likely be after Black Panther and maybe even Infinity War are released, and I would love to add those to my collection, as well as fill in that empty space in my collection where Ragnarok should be.