* * * * * 4 votes

3D Blu-Ray thread

#4591 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12522 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:33 AM

Aquaman 3D preorder is up at Best Buy.  Still full price but I have to support domestic 3D releases so I'll be preordering it.

#4592 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1628 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:58 PM

Aquaman 3D preorder is up at Best Buy. Still full price but I have to support domestic 3D releases so I'll be preordering it.

Hell yeah! I'm in. I already have the 4K steelbook on preorder, but always on the lookout for new 3D releases. I figured we had seen the last of 'em.

#4593 mattyg00013   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

mattyg00013

Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:56 PM

Zavvi & Amazon UK have the 2 for 18 (about $30) deal running right now on Marvel films.  They added Avengers Infinity War this time but still haven't added Ant Man & The Wasp.  

Avaiable Titles 

Avengers: Infinity War

Thor Ragnarok 

Doctor Strange

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

Ant Man

Thor

Captain America: Civil War

Iron man 3

Avengers Age of Ultron

Captain America: First Avenger

Captain America: Winter Soldier

Thor Dark World

Avengers

Guardians of the Galaxy.  

#4594 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2034 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:25 PM

Oh it is that time of year, which means amazon up probably has a similar deal going too

#4595 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12522 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:46 AM

Hell yeah! I'm in. I already have the 4K steelbook on preorder, but always on the lookout for new 3D releases. I figured we had seen the last of 'em.

Looks like they have two listings for it.  The one you probably want is the 7 digit SKU that will likely be a Best Buy exclusive with slipcover, and will be sold in stores.

#4596 TheCarsForever   The Cars Forever! CAGiversary!   456 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

TheCarsForever

Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:38 PM

Zavvi & Amazon UK have the 2 for 18 (about $30) deal running right now on Marvel films.  They added Avengers Infinity War this time but still haven't added Ant Man & The Wasp.  

Oh it is that time of year, which means amazon up probably has a similar deal going too

Now if they would only have a sale on 3D Star Wars films as I am missing a couple.

#4597 mattyg00013   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

mattyg00013

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:32 PM

Now if they would only have a sale on 3D Star Wars films as I am missing a couple.

I'm still missing Solo, hopefully they add it to the deal when they do the next Disney sale.  

#4598 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1628 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 11:28 PM

Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindewald 3D up on Best Buy's website.

#4599 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44186 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 02 March 2019 - 01:12 AM

Does Into The Spider-Verse have a 3D release anywhere? I regret not seeing it 3D in theaters.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

#4600 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1628 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2019 - 03:10 AM

Does Into The Spider-Verse have a 3D release anywhere? I regret not seeing it 3D in theaters.

Snippet from Blu-ray com ...

As with Venom, Sony has decided to only release Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse on 3D Blu-ray in a limited number of countries, once again not including the UK or USA.

All 3D releases are expected to be REGION FREE and will include the original English audio track:

Germany / Italy / India / France / Australia

#4601 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44186 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 02 March 2019 - 03:28 AM

As with Venom, Sony has decided to only release Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse on 3D Blu-ray in a limited number of countries, once again not including the UK or USA.

All 3D releases are expected to be REGION FREE and will include the original English audio track:

Thank you. Have you seen any preorders anywhere yet?

#4602 KyleN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   655 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2019 - 03:34 AM

I preordered from Amazon Germany a while ago. Same with Venom (which just arrived yesterday)

#4603 TheCarsForever   The Cars Forever! CAGiversary!   456 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

TheCarsForever

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:05 PM

I'm still missing Solo, hopefully they add it to the deal when they do the next Disney sale.  

I recently ordered Solo 3D from AMAZON.DE and it came out to $21.85 US shipped.  While I am not overly worried about steelcase covers, this has the steel case cover as well.  It looks like the price may have even dropped a little since I ordered as I am seeing it at $20.11 US now.  This felt like a decent deal to me and according to multiple sources this it is Region Free.

#4604 TheCarsForever   The Cars Forever! CAGiversary!   456 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

TheCarsForever

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:11 PM

In case you were not aware, Amazon.UK is having a Marvel 3D 2 for £18 sale going right now.  I don't collect the Marvel films but this looks like a decent deal if you are missing any.

#4605 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1628 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2019 - 12:37 AM

In case you were not aware, Amazon.UK is having a Marvel 3D 2 for £18 sale going right now. I don't collect the Marvel films but this looks like a decent deal if you are missing any.

I only saw 3 in the list that hadn't received US releases.

Black Panther
Thor: Ragnarok
Avengers: Infinity War

Picked up Thor and Avengers. I'll get Panther next time.

#4606 abachler2009   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

abachler2009

Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:23 AM

I checked Amazon in Germany, Italy and Australia.  All confirm this disc is region B/2.  Maybe that info is wrong but it's what's published on those sites.  Shame because I imagine that movie was amazeballs in 3D.

#4607 GamerChris   It's a Funny Name. CAGiversary!   958 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

GamerChris

Posted 03 March 2019 - 12:30 PM

I checked Amazon in Germany, Italy and Australia. All confirm this disc is region B/2. Maybe that info is wrong but it's what's published on those sites. Shame because I imagine that movie was amazeballs in 3D.

Amazon is consistently incorrect on region coding.

#4608 Cryoguns  

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:33 PM

Amazon is consistently incorrect on region coding.

The UK site seems to be fairly accurate based on my experiences.  I'd been buying most of my 3D films through there which weren't released on 3D in the US until Valerian ended up being R2 (which was noted, but I hadn't checked it since all my prior orders were region-free).  I would love to pick up Ant Man & Wasp along with Bumblebee and Battle Angel Alita in 3D later on if there's region free versions available.

#4609 GamerChris   It's a Funny Name. CAGiversary!   958 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

GamerChris

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:43 PM

The UK site seems to be fairly accurate based on my experiences.  I'd been buying most of my 3D films through there which weren't released on 3D in the US until Valerian ended up being R2 (which was noted, but I hadn't checked it since all my prior orders were region-free).  I would love to pick up Ant Man & Wasp along with Bumblebee and Battle Angel Alita in 3D later on if there's region free versions available.

They seem to put a region coding for all pre-orders. Ant Man & The Wasp was originally listed as region B. I can confirm it is region free. I'd double check the blu-ray.com site where they confirm the region codings. 

Disney, Warner, and Sony titles always end up being region free. (ratatouille being the only exception)

#4610 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:01 PM

Captain Marvel 3D is listed on Amazon UK already. It's listed as region B, but like GamerChris mentioned, the other ones have started that way and later been updated to region free. I have all of the 3D UK Marvel films ever since they stopped releasing them in the States.

https://smile.amazon...ptain marvel 3d

#4611 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1920 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2019 - 04:55 PM

I recently ordered Solo 3D from AMAZON.DE and it came out to $21.85 US shipped.  While I am not overly worried about steelcase covers, this has the steel case cover as well.  It looks like the price may have even dropped a little since I ordered as I am seeing it at $20.11 US now.  This felt like a decent deal to me and according to multiple sources this it is Region Free.

Down to $19.88. Picked one up, even if it's going to be about $4-5 more than a 2 for 18 GBP sale or another standalone sale like Amazon UK had around Christmas, where you could pick up individual titles for $16 shipped. Keep in mind there has yet to be a "2 for X" with Star Wars films, and it wouldn't be much use for me since I (and probably most of you) already own all the previous Star Wars releases. it'll likely be another nine months before we'll see another standalone sale, if we even do. 

#4612 were8kosh  

Posted 11 March 2019 - 01:56 AM

i just find it crazy that no usa tvs have 3d in them. you think someone would take advantage of that. i cant see it cost that much to have it in the tv.

#4613 mattyg00013   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

mattyg00013

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:43 AM

Thanks for posting, I picked up a copy today for just under $20.  I have the steelbooks for Rogue One and The Last Jedi so that will pair up nicely with them and I'm happy with that price for the 3D disc. 

#4614 jjks   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   87 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:14 AM

Did anyone find the Crimes of Grindelwald 3D at Best Buy today? I didn’t make it to my store until 11am and there was no trace of the 3D...or the steelbook.

#4615 KyleN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   655 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:22 AM

Did anyone find the Crimes of Grindelwald 3D at Best Buy today? I didn’t make it to my store until 11am and there was no trace of the 3D...or the steelbook.

I preordered for store pickup and got a message it was available. I’ve found that that is the best and sometimes only way to get the 3D releases in store. They hardly even stock them.

#4616 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12522 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:18 AM

That's one of the main reasons I order their 3D exclusives for shipping.  They never seem to stock 3D versions well at all anymore.

#4617 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1628 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:12 PM

I picked up my pre-order of Crimes of Gridelwald 3D.

I found it interesting that there was a sticker on the front "Only at Best Buy 3D combo".

Looking at the WB store site, theirs does not include the DVD, where Best Buy's version has Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD.

#4618 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12522 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:35 PM

I picked up my pre-order of Crimes of Gridelwald 3D.

I found it interesting that there was a sticker on the front "Only at Best Buy 3D combo".

Looking at the WB store site, theirs does not include the DVD, where Best Buy's version has Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD.

I believe Best Buy's version also has the slipcover, which the regular WB version does not.  Not that it was a cool slipcover or anything.  Really wish all 3D releases had lenticular 3D slipcovers.

#4619 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1920 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2019 - 01:20 AM

https://www.amazon.c....sin=B079Q9W3VW

12 GBP (or less) or 3 for 25 GBP. No way to get all titles on a single screen, but here is a partial list from the blu-ray.com site:

Alice in Wonderland (13 pounds)
Alice Through the Looking Glass
Avengers Assemble
Avengers Infinity War
Beauty and the Beast (live action and animation)
Black Panther
Brave (13 pounds)
Captain America: First Avenger
Captain America: Winter Solder
Captain America: Civil War
Cars
Cars 3
Coco
Despicable Me [grabbed this for $10 at BestBuy a few weeks back]
Despicable Me 2 (8.50 pounds) [grabbed this for $10 at BestBuy a few weeks back]
Despicable Me 3
Doctor Strange
Finding Dory
Finding Nemo (13 pounds)
Frozen
Good Dinosaur, The
Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
Incredibles 2
Iron Man 3
Jungle Book 
Lion King, The
Moana
Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge (Dead Men Tell No Tales)
Solo: A Star Wars Story
Star Wars: Rogue One
Star Wars: Force Awakens
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Tangled
Thor
Thor the Dark World
Thor Ragnarok
Toy Story 1,2, and 3
Up
Valerian (Region B)
Wreck It Ralph
Zootropolis (Zootopia)

#4620 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3242 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2019 - 12:41 AM

I'm tempted by that deal, but I feel like the GBP is about to be worth a lot less.