* * * * * 4 votes

3D Blu-Ray thread

#2731 logicmeme   Robotic CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:38 PM

Gravity 3D bluray is $20 at Amazon today. I think it's a bestbuy PM.

http://www.amazon.co...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER

#2732 EDiTOR9   Huh? CAGiversary!   1954 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

Best Buy has Despicable Me 2 3D for $19.99.  While not as good as the $15 misprint deal for Cloudy 2 3D, it is still sub-$20 and I just ordered it.   Doesn't include the lunchbox that you get with the 2D version though. :cry:

YMMV of course, but I was able to get it for free. I placed the order with the lunchbox at full price, so when I went to pick up my order, the guy said it was cool I was getting the lunchbox free. I mentioned that I was charged and he immediately returned the order and rescanned everything and manually adjusted the price of the lunchbox.

#2733 MochaRaf   I Come Here Often... CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:30 AM

Amazon currently has Upside down 3D/2D/DVD combo for $12.99, it's usually around $20 bucks.

Link: http://www.amazon.co...aw_bottom_links

Movie Trailer:

#2734 TheCarsForever   The Cars Forever! CAGiversary!   449 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

TheCarsForever

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:07 PM

YMMV of course, but I was able to get it for free. I placed the order with the lunchbox at full price, so when I went to pick up my order, the guy said it was cool I was getting the lunchbox free. I mentioned that I was charged and he immediately returned the order and rescanned everything and manually adjusted the price of the lunchbox.

My nearest Best Buy is about a 3-4 hour drive away, so I had to order online.  Before sending my last message I emailed customer service to 'confirm I am getting the lunchbox.'  The ad doesn't say anything about excluding the 3D Blu Ray, just that the lunchbox comes with the DVD or Blu Ray so I am hoping they will add it on.  I would get the 3D BD at this price without the lunchbox, but I know my little girl would love it as the Minions are her favorites right now.

#2735 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1872 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:33 PM

Where does it say the lunchbox is free? I see it say "get it for $2.99 with purchase of DM2". Does it vary by region?

#2736 EDiTOR9   Huh? CAGiversary!   1954 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

Where does it say the lunchbox is free? I see it say "get it for $2.99 with purchase of DM2". Does it vary by region?

Page 20 of the physical ad. Online it does not give you the option to add the 3D version for the promo:

http://www.bestbuy.c...=category&h=403

I hope you luck out CarsForever

#2737 Deadpool   I club baby seals CAGiversary!   2387 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

Amazon currently has Upside down 3D/2D/DVD combo for $12.99, it's usually around $20 bucks.

Link: http://www.amazon.co...aw_bottom_links

Movie Trailer:

Good movie but i didn't see it in 3-D

#2738 TheCarsForever   The Cars Forever! CAGiversary!   449 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

TheCarsForever

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

Page 20 of the physical ad. Online it does not give you the option to add the 3D version for the promo:

http://www.bestbuy.c...=category&h=403

I hope you luck out CarsForever

I got a call from Best Buy yesterday morning in response to my e-mail about the DM2 3D not including the metal lunchbox.  I was correct that it was not included, but they are sending it at no cost in a separate shipment.  The CSR tried to have me use a credit card for the order, despite it being no cost, but when I resisted she tried placing the order and it went through.  I already have the confirmation.

If the lunchbox is important to you, a quick polite e-mail referencing the ad may go a long way.  I don't think I would mention that someone on a message board got the lunchbox though - just try being polite and it will likely work out.

#2739 EDiTOR9   Huh? CAGiversary!   1954 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

I got a call from Best Buy yesterday morning in response to my e-mail about the DM2 3D not including the metal lunchbox. I was correct that it was not included, but they are sending it at no cost in a separate shipment. The CSR tried to have me use a credit card for the order, despite it being no cost, but when I resisted she tried placing the order and it went through. I already have the confirmation.

If the lunchbox is important to you, a quick polite e-mail referencing the ad may go a long way. I don't think I would mention that someone on a message board got the lunchbox though - just try being polite and it will likely work out.

That's awesome, I'm sure your daughter will be stoked. I got mine stored in a closet for my daughter when she's old enough, if the minions are still relevant, I'm sure she'll enjoy it :p

#2740 Mugen Power   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1025 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Mugen Power

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

YMMV but I bought Despicable Me 2 3D yesterday and went back in store today with the ad to ask about the lunchbox and they gave one to me.

#2741 EDiTOR9   Huh? CAGiversary!   1954 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

Toy Story Trilogy 3D for $6.27 CDN @ amazon.ca via 3rd party:

http://www.amazon.ca...tory trilogy 3d

#2742 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11840 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

No shipping to US, it seems.  :(

Funny enough, there was another seller with one Brand New for 9.99CDN.  I grabbed that, hoping it goes through.

UPDATE:  And it shipped.  Here's hoping it's the right thing.  Thanks for the heads-up!

#2743 TheCarsForever   The Cars Forever! CAGiversary!   449 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

TheCarsForever

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

Bummer - it is up to $80.50 CDN now.

#2744 SoobAeroDude   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

SoobAeroDude

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:14 AM

YMMV but I bought Despicable Me 2 3D yesterday and went back in store today with the ad to ask about the lunchbox and they gave one to me.

Definitely YMMV.  Tried to buy 3D version with lunchbox today, and the cashier nor manager would give it away.  The manager offered to sell the box for $5.  I decided to just buy the movie and will try go back to the store tomorrow with the ad and the receipt. 

#2745 EDiTOR9   Huh? CAGiversary!   1954 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:05 PM

Toy Story Trilogy 3D under $50 shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/...d=171300893567

#2746 Agrzybianek   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Agrzybianek

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:33 AM

another resident evil movie?

#2747 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11840 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

No shipping to US, it seems.  :(

Funny enough, there was another seller with one Brand New for 9.99CDN.  I grabbed that, hoping it goes through.

UPDATE:  And it shipped.  Here's hoping it's the right thing.  Thanks for the heads-up!

It showed up today and it appears to be legit, just the Canadian version.  It has a few dings, but is sealed - for $16.50USD shipped, I'm not complaining.  Thanks for the heads up, EDiTOR9!

#2748 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3557 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

It showed up today and it appears to be legit, just the Canadian version.  It has a few dings, but is sealed - for $16.50USD shipped, I'm not complaining.  Thanks for the heads up, EDiTOR9!

Nice deal.  I picked up all three via TRU when they were doing the $10 off coupon with pre-orders and ended up getting all three for less than $30, but this is a great deal.  

#2749 KyleN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   634 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:27 AM

Amazon has some titles on sale for $17.99 (the lowest they've been on Amazon):

Dial M For Murder

The Wizard of Oz

Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away

Jack the Giant Slayer

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters

The Last Airbender

#2750 anderson4145   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   706 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

anderson4145

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:47 PM

I really want jack and hansel but think they'll drop to $15 soon.

#2751 pablo escobar   Go Dodgers! CAGiversary!   753 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

pablo escobar

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:29 PM

Amazon has some titles on sale for $17.99 (the lowest they've been on Amazon):

Dial M For Murder

The Wizard of Oz

Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away

Jack the Giant Slayer

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters

The Last Airbender

Nice!  I've been waiting for a price drop on Dial M for a while

#2752 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3476 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

So is Jack the Giant Slayer a blind buy for 18 bucks? It never looked great but the reviews seem pretty solid.

#2753 yedgee   Hot Mix! CAGiversary!   393 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

Amazon has Titanic 3D for $24.

Is that a good price?

I've had it in my cart for a little over a month and I don't think it's dipped below the $32 range.

Just got a 3D tv this year so I don't really know the history of how it's been priced over the last few months....if it is likely to go lower or not.

#2754 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3476 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:08 PM

Is that a good price?

I've had it in my cart for a little over a month and I don't think it's dipped below the $32 range.

Just got a 3D tv this year so I don't really know the history of how it's been priced over the last few months....if it is likely to go lower or not.

It was 15 for a while at Best Buy but that was a year or so ago. I haven't seen any 15 dollar sales in a while.

#2755 pablo escobar   Go Dodgers! CAGiversary!   753 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

pablo escobar

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

So is Jack the Giant Slayer a blind buy for 18 bucks? It never looked great but the reviews seem pretty solid.

To be honest I bought it when it was released, watched it that weekend and never touched it again other to let a few people borrow it.  That being said, I thought it was ok, just don't expect the greatest story or acting.

Is that a good price?

I think I've seen it for $20 a few times but that's not a huge difference, especially if you get free shipping.

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:18 PM

FWIW I noticed Amazon has the Wolverine (3D) for $20.  Aside from that glitch with the Fox website last month I don't think it's been that low before has it?

#2757 pablo escobar   Go Dodgers! CAGiversary!   753 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

pablo escobar

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:22 PM

FWIW I noticed Amazon has the Wolverine (3D) for $20.  Aside from that glitch with the Fox website last month I don't think it's been that low before has it?

FYE had it for $10 a few months ago but that was in store only (same with star trek)

#2758 h3llbring3r   Mecha Cocksmas 2 all CAGiversary!   8993 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

h3llbring3r

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:55 PM

Jean-Michel Cousteau 3d Film Trilogy [Blu-ray] (2012)
Jean-Michel Cousteau (Director) | Format: Blu-ray
$19.49 this morning, the lowest I've seen it.

http://www.amazon.co...Michel Cousteau

Includes:
SHARKS 3D Originally presented in IMAX 3D theatres. They were ruling the seas before dinosaurs roamed the earth. Presented by Jean-Michel Cousteau, Sharks 3D is a breathtaking film experience that offers audiences an astonishing up-close encounter with the Lions and Tigers of the Ocean. Come face-to-face with a multitude of shark species, including the Great White, Hammerhead, and Whale Shark. Witness them as they really are: not wicked man-eating creatures, but wild, fascinating and endangered animals that have been in existence millions of years before dinosaurs roamed the earth.

DOLPHINS AND WHALES 3D Dive into an immersive and highly emotional adventure. Presented by Jean-Michel Cousteau, Dolphins & Whales 3D is an awe-inspiring and entertaining film. Narrated by Daryl Hannah it takes you from the dazzling coral reefs of the Bahamas to the warm depths of the waters of the exotic Kingdom of Tonga for a close encounter with the surviving tribes of the ocean. Through stunning images captured for the very first time in 3D, view their lives and habitats as never-before-seen. Come so close to wild dolphins and belugas you will virtually touch them!

OCEAN WONDERLAND 3D Hold your breath and plunge into this unique, larger than life diving experience. Presented by Jean-Michel Cousteau, Ocean Wonderland 3D takes you on a stunning visual and sensorial diving adventure beneath the waves to the pulsating heart of the oceans: the coral reefs. Join your friendly host Aris the turtle and enter this magical and beautiful, yet endangered and fragile world, from Australia's Great Barrier Reef to the Bahamas. Discover the vast bio-diversity thriving there and the crucial role played by coral reefs within the marine ecosystem by providing a habitat and food for a wide variety of fish species, and maintaining the well-being of our planet.

#2759 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3557 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

Upside Down is $7.99 at Best Buy.com  

States that it is backordered right now (2 to 4 weeks,) but it does allow you to add it to your cart and order it.  

#2760 anderson4145   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   706 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

anderson4145

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:11 PM

Upside Down is $7.99 at Best Buy.com  

States that it is backordered right now (2 to 4 weeks,) but it does allow you to add it to your cart and order it.  

Thanks for the post, bought one.