- - - - -

Haunting Grounds

#1 Hell Monkey   Social Link MAX! CAGiversary!   2497 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Hell Monkey

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:13 PM

I heard about this the other day when I was doing some reading on Silent Hill. Has anyone played or seen it and can give an opinion?

#2 leftshoe18   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   4 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

leftshoe18

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:16 PM

I've wanted to play it for a while. I've read that parts of this were taken from scrapped parts of a Resident Evil 4 beta and that it plays similarly to Clock Tower 3.

#3 Hell Monkey   Social Link MAX! CAGiversary!   2497 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Hell Monkey

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:28 PM

Doesn't sound bad. The local Gamestop has it used for $15, so can always try it out I guess. (since have 7 days to return)

Guest_eastshore4_*

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:28 PM

Yes the game is very much like the Clock Tower series: run and hide from baddies while keeping your sanity meter down, that kinda stuff. If you like those kinda games it's pretty good...

#5 Hell Monkey   Social Link MAX! CAGiversary!   2497 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Hell Monkey

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:06 PM

Yes the game is very much like the Clock Tower series: run and hide from baddies while keeping your sanity meter down, that kinda stuff. If you like those kinda games it's pretty good...

Yeah I'm a big fan of most horror games. Eternal Darkness, Silent Hill, etc. (the actual "horror" stuff not shooters that just happen to have zombies like Resident Evil)

#6 Kyle Kross   yohohohoho CAGiversary!   1563 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Kyle Kross

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:32 PM

I bought it for $15 new back in 2007 from Kmart after watching the entire game played through. I've never played it cause I don't have the nerve to play through horror games, but love watching them. I bought it simply cause I enjoyed "the show". Did the same for Resident Evil 0.

But I do count them in my backlog, so I'll have to play them eventually. But not until I can stream, that way I'm not entirely alone. It'll help with the puzzles, too.

Fiona is also one of the most gorgeous video game characters I've ever seen.

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#7 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6241 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:37 PM

Fiona is also one of the most gorgeous video game characters I've ever seen.

This, which makes subsequent playthroughs with additional costumes (some rather racy) a must.

#8 Kyle Kross   yohohohoho CAGiversary!   1563 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Kyle Kross

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:49 PM

It's funny how Capcom more or less turned Jill in RE5 into Fiona.

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#9 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6241 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:56 PM

That was the best part of RE5. I'd love to have some more Jill. :)

#10 Hell Monkey   Social Link MAX! CAGiversary!   2497 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Hell Monkey

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:05 AM

Grabbed it on lunch break. Maybe I'll even get to it one day.