Stores already selling Rock Band 3 hardware - Extreme YMMV

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!
http://rockbandaide.com/8416/rock-band-3-drum-sets-in-stores-now/

People around the east coast are reporting a few GameStops already selling Pro Drum Kits for Rock Band 3.

This kit includes the drums and the three extra cymbals needed for Rock Band 3's Pro Mode.

Apologies if this doesn't belong here.

For those of you sitting on whether or not you'll need a third cymbal, read this: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7639427&postcount=4001

EDIT - A Fry's store in Las Vegas, Nevada is selling Wii Rock Band 3 keyboards: http://rockbandaide.com/8355/and-apparently-rock-band-3-keys-are-showing-up-in-store-too/

Last edited by a moderator:
i still have my rock band 1 drums, but the cymbals are not compatible with them, so i ordered the rock band 3 drum set from gamestop.com with 20DOWN and SAVER for $117 after tax and they shipped out my drums yesterday.

Wow. I'm kinda shocked that someone would put it out this early, but at the same time, not that shocked. Since it's nearly identical to the RB2 set, which seems to be out of stock nearly everywhere, it would make sense for them to start selling them. I mean, it'll work with old Rock Band games, whereas if they started selling the new guitar or keyboard early, it would make no sense.

EDIT: Actually, just after checking the in-store availability on Gamestop.com, all of them in my area have the 360 drums in stock. Safe to say that this isn't YMMV, and they are supposed to be out. Hopefully Best Buy will get them in soon so I can return my old set via warranty (finally) and upgrade.

And I thought the old RB1 drums were overpriced at their original ($79.99?) MSRP. $129.99 for drums? I'm absolutely sure that there will be deals to be found on these down the road. And I agree with BigRedVan above, since these bundles do not include the actual RB3 software, there is no issue with stores having them this early. Especially since they are backwards compatible with the older games. Many GS stores don't have the backroom space to keep these anywhere except the sales floor.

I guess they concluded that a second pedal without a major change to the drumkit (as, I don't know about other people, I leave my pedal foot on the "inside" of the kit and my other leg on the "outside"), they couldn't expect a stationary, stable extra pedal.

You can add it in if you want (and with RB2/3/Beatles kits, you can plug in a 2nd pedal to that black port) and the game will allow you to use it as a double bass or hi-hat, but frankly like

If they're going to ask for cymbals, they should have had the balls to really go for hi-hat/double bass action.

@Indiana Jones: It LOOKS like it, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't the Beatles Kit, colored back to RB colors. It's so superior to the RB2 kit its funny.

The TB:RB Drums have much thicker pads on each drum - the rebound was also fantastic.

We used to have the RB2 drums, but both times they died out on us after 2-3 months of regular expert play.

My TB:RB kit has survived multiple people learning/beating Everlong. In fact, the only issue with the kit is that the red pad covering the drum/sensor will occasionally shift, but it's a 5 second fix to put back into place. Its fantastic, and I'd still be playing on it if my friend hadn't invested in ions :p.

Now to try and find non-crappy cymbals for the Ion kit....

Does anybody know if the regular RB2 wireless drums with the (3) cymbal kit will work with the pro drums mode in RB3?

I'm assuming it does because in freestyle mode it produces different noises between the pads and the cymbals which would lead me to believe it could be used in RB3 with pro drums. I haven't seen confimation of this anywhere though.

Anyone?

[quote name='egorka']Does anybody know if the regular RB2 wireless drums with the (3) cymbal kit will work with the pro drums mode in RB3?
[/QUOTE]
Yes.

I'm wait for the cymbals to be sold separately by themselves. But the drums again is not worth it especially since I sure the cymbals will sell for less the $50 (my own speculation). Its weird though since the last couple of months GS was selling the RB2 drum kits by themselves for $30 bucks and used for $25 which were very very YMMV.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Are the drums for RB3 just the RB2 ones repackaged with the pro cymbals?[/QUOTE]

No. For one thing, they have an attachment that'll let you put up the third cymbal. The cymbals are also angled and made to take a beating.

[quote name='Draknight']I'm wait for the cymbals to be sold separately by themselves. But the drums again is not worth it especially since I sure the cymbals will sell for less the $50 (my own speculation). Its weird though since the last couple of months GS was selling the RB2 drum kits by themselves for $30 bucks and used for $25 which were very very YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Amazon says $39.99 for the three pro cymbal set on Oct. 31.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Are the drums for RB3 just the RB2 ones repackaged with the pro cymbals?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nohbdy']No. For one thing, they have an attachment that'll let you put up the third cymbal. The cymbals are also angled and made to take a beating.[/QUOTE]

I asked this question to harmonix and this was there response "Thanks for writing in. There are no new RB3 drums per se - you can buy an RB2
kit bundled with the new cymbals or utilize the cymbals with either a Rock Band
2 or The Beatles: Rock Band drum kit. You can also use an e-Drum kit if you
have one with the Mad Catz Midi Pro adapter. For more information please visit
www.madcatz.com.

Keep rocking,

Alli T.

Community Moderator

Harmonix Music Systems, Inc."

Frys Anaheim had everything rock band 3 related in stock, including the pro drums for all 3 systems and the wii version of the keyboard. 80 bucks for the keyboard tho, LOL. Ill snag one for 20 bucks down the line.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Frys Anaheim had everything rock band 3 related in stock, including the pro drums for all 3 systems and the wii version of the keyboard. 80 bucks for the keyboard tho, LOL. Ill snag one for 20 bucks down the line.[/QUOTE]

Did they have the PRO Cymbals?

EDIT - Nope. Seems everyone is just selling keyboards and whole drum kits early.

I already have the 2 cymbal pack, I only need to get the single one now right? That post linked in OP says you need to get the 3-pack because of that extra piece but the picture on Amazon shows that extra part included in the single.

[quote name='Draknight']I'm wait for the cymbals to be sold separately by themselves. But the drums again is not worth it especially since I sure the cymbals will sell for less the $50 (my own speculation). Its weird though since the last couple of months GS was selling the RB2 drum kits by themselves for $30 bucks and used for $25 which were very very YMMV.[/QUOTE]

To the best of my knowledge, GS has never carried used drums or accepted them as a trade-in. So I'd call that an extreme YMMV. Maybe an employee accepted them by mistake. Did you see more than a single set used?

Now, new RB2 kits marked down to $30? That would be a good deal.

Honestly, I think I'll be getting the keyboard bundle, and then get a pro guitar when its price goes down. I MIGHT get a new drum set if I can find it REAL cheap in a year or so, but I'm going to be way too busy mastering pro keys and then eventually pro guitar.

bread's done
Back