Darksiders PC - Free Items With Purchase at THQ

Price sucks compared to other deals but if that extra stuff is worth it to you (resembles a mini collector's edition to me) then I guess it's not bad. Too bad they don't show what any of the stuff looks like.

Whoops, didn't see this was the PC version.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rayne117']Price sucks compared to other deals but if that extra stuff is worth it to you (resembles a mini collector's edition to me) then I guess it's not bad. Too bad they don't show what any of the stuff looks like.[/QUOTE]

what other deals? this is for the pc version..

All that for $40!??! Holy crap, I wasn't sure I needed the PC version but I could probably sell the game and keep the rest without being out too much. Damn you THQ. Edited to add that the cheapest shipping is over $11. Ouch. If you add it to the cart, though, you can see pictures of the included stuff. The book is a hardcover manual with the symbol on front, the T-shirt is gray with the image of War on Ruin (and only XL), the pin looks kinda cool. Map is pretty colorful. I love Darksiders, so it's hard to resist this stuff.

I just read elsewhere that there's supposed to be a "Hellbook Edition" with a soundtrack and art book? Don't see it listed, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those items look great considering they're not charging you extra. Honestly they could have charged $10 above retail and it would still be worth it. This is better than actual collector's editions, and it's exclusive to THQ's store which probably makes it rarer as well

Pic:

THQ-Store-Darksiders-Promo-723x245.jpg

Shipping does kill the deal though. The cheapst is like $11 :/

^ lol shipping kills the deal when it's $11 but you say they could've charged $10 more and it'd still be worth it? I think $50 isn't bad for all that swag, esp when PC games are usually $50 new anyway.

[quote name='aznguyen316']^ lol shipping kills the deal when it's $11 but you say they could've charged $10 more and it'd still be worth it? I think $50 isn't bad for all that swag, esp when PC games are usually $50 new anyway.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I made fake account with my address to see what it would be total since initially shipping was estimated and its still $11 and $2.50 tax. It might just be better to get the Hellbook Edition for that price.

[quote name='aznguyen316']^ lol shipping kills the deal when it's $11 but you say they could've charged $10 more and it'd still be worth it? I think $50 isn't bad for all that swag, esp when PC games are usually $50 new anyway.[/QUOTE]

It's all about perception. Paying $49.99 and Free Shipping looks/feels a lot nicer than paying 39.99 and having to pay $11 for shipping. It's still decent I guess, but I hate paying so much for shipping when so many other retailers charge less, if not completely free after a certain amount ($25 usually)

I'm hearing some bad things about the port, so I would be careful about purchasing it before getting a concrete review of the game.

After the awful Saint's Row 2 port, there's no way I'm trusting these fucks again.

bread's done
Back