PLEASE Fix blog pictures

cdietschrun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Come on John, I use chrome at work and at home and 99% of the time when I try to click the pictures in blogs, they shrink down to a pixel instead of enlarging and being moveable/viewable in any sense of the worse.

Please fix this man..its been all summer at least.

I don't know what else I did to Chrome to make it do this...at work it's right out of the box Chrome, and here at home it's got just adblock and some tab managers..almost no overlap between the two I can think of :\

I use Chrome too and I've never seen it happen. Tried it on Windows/Linux/OS X too, not much I can do until I can figure out a way to replicate it.

Yeah isnt there some way that the mods and higher ups can make that guy spoiler that shit.... its very NSFW...

[quote name='cdietschrun']Come on John, I use chrome at work and at home and 99% of the time when I try to click the pictures in blogs, they shrink down to a pixel instead of enlarging and being moveable/viewable in any sense of the worse.

Please fix this man..its been all summer at least.[/QUOTE]

I've been suffering the same problems! It would be great if there was a fix.

I understand John thanks. Is there any debug info or output of any kind in Chrome I could send you? Or check what code its calling when I click a link of some sort?

[quote name='Spyder187']Yeah isnt there some way that the mods and higher ups can make that guy spoiler that shit.... its very NSFW...[/QUOTE]How to handle these problems

1. Report problematic post/blog/image
  2. Report problematic post/blog/image
  3. Report problematic post/blog/image
  4. Report problematic post/blog/image
  5. ad infinitum

[quote name='Spyder187']Gwen, I am sure that has been done numerous times already....[/QUOTE]
True enough.

But I always like to post reminders for those who are new, or still hesitate when they get that warning about reporting posts. It isn't as if a huge alarm goes off in our homes waking us up in the wee hours of the morning. If something feels like it should be removed from the site, report it and when we see the report, we'll act accordingly.

Back on topic, I believe I have found the problem to this problem:
When I disable AdThwart the blog pictures functions works fine (the images enlarge, as they are supposed to). However - when clicking on the icon and not enabling it for this site also doesn't work.

I'll investigate other ad blockers for chrome and see if they work on CAG.

[quote name='PhaperPlane']Back on topic, I believe I have found the problem to this problem:
When I disable AdThwart the blog pictures functions works fine (the images enlarge, as they are supposed to). However - when clicking on the icon and not enabling it for this site also doesn't work.

I'll investigate other ad blockers for chrome and see if they work on CAG.[/QUOTE]

Solution: Don't use adblockers on CAG. I turn off my adblockers on all sites I use on a regular basis. If I'm getting something free from them, they should at least benefit from my traffic.

[quote name='PhaperPlane']Back on topic, I believe I have found the problem to this problem:

I'll investigate other ad blockers for chrome and see if they work on CAG.[/QUOTE]

Have your findings provided any better results? I have AdThwart disabled on CAG and the picture zoom and spoiler's still don't function correctly. The pictures go down to a a pixel or two and I can't close spoilers once they are open. I've noticed this in the latest chrome on both Windows and Linux.

[quote name='John']Have you tried accessing the site on a completely stock installation of Chrome?[/QUOTE]

Did a fresh install of Chrome in a WinXP Virtual and everything functions correctly. AdThwart must not be disabling correctly when a site is added to the whitelist, thats the only thing I can think of.

bread's done
Back