Endless Ocean: Blue World (Wii Speak Bundle) - $17.99 at Best Buy (YMMV)

Fernando Rocker

CAGiversary!
Last night I bought :wii: Endless Ocean: Blue World (Wii Speak Bundle) at Best Buy for just $17.99.

Excellent deal for those who don't have the Wii Speak Accessory. The software alone is $29.99 at most places.

IaG7F.jpg

The game has received very good reviews, and I think it's one of those games that will become kinda rare in the future (just like the first one). So, if you like to collect Nintendo games, this is a great deal. The game also includes Club Nintendo Points.

Km03D.png

jFEHE.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='typical guy']is this game rated for early childhood?[/QUOTE]

i got it for my kid the first week it came out. It's alright if you have a little patience and can help guide them. Other than that, I think we only played it a few times before moving onto something else..

so far i have only found 2 wii games and 1 ds game rated EC. i am on the lookout for more. i dont think the ps3 or 360 have any with that rating!

This is an excellent game. I got it a month or so ago, and I've put in more than 30 hours already, despite having a nice big backlog of other games. A welcome break from all the gore and violence in other games.

The game is rated E10+, as you can see from the box. I'd say the game is fine for kids (my 8yo brother seemed to like it when he visited), but this is not really a kids' game.

Great game. Lots of RPG elements to get started though, so the initial couple of hours can be a little taxing when you just want to jump in and dive. This sort of makes it preclude the younger set, unless you are willing to read aloud to your kids a lot. The other option is to play through it yourself and let them play thru after you.

I wish it was a little more freeform and less RPG, but its rewarding for the patient, and at this price a great way to get a really interest peripheral that unfortunately no one uses.

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone checks, please let us know in here or in the BB clearance thread. It might be like Klonoa that had a universal price of 9.99 (a sweet pickup).

I ordered the non-bundle version from amazon about a month or so ago, and they still sent me the wii speak bundle, fwiw.

[quote name='Strell']If someone checks, please let us know in here or in the BB clearance thread. It might be like Klonoa that had a universal price of 9.99 (a sweet pickup).[/QUOTE]
Buy it, you scum.

Pretty sure the MSRP on the bundle is 29.99, now - it was at Kmart, of all places. Still, good price, and the Wii Speak can be used with Monster Hunter.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Pretty sure the MSRP on the bundle is 29.99, now - it was at Kmart, of all places. Still, good price, and the Wii Speak can be used with Monster Hunter.[/QUOTE]

It was never higher than $29.99. But it was a "limited" promotional bundle at launch, and many stores ran out and now sell the game alone for the same price.

[quote name='Doomed']Buy it, you scum.[/QUOTE]

I went with the sole purpose of finding a copy. There's been bundles there for months. Not anymore though.

Strangely, I saw more MH3 Bundles. Those have NOT been there in months.

[quote name='scottman']It was never higher than $29.99. But it was a "limited" promotional bundle at launch, and many stores ran out and now sell the game alone for the same price.[/QUOTE]

Really? I have yet to see a non-bundle copy of the game anywhere. All of the local Best Buy, Toys R Us and Kmart locations still just have the bundles. I also think the local Best Buy only has it for 30% off, so it's still a little more than $20.

Well, my best buy doesn't have the bundle. In fact, my BB never has any kind of clearance ever. I guess they must not order enough inventory to do clearances or maybe too many people go there and buy them all up quickly?

Regardless, I was playing a game with fish at 12 today and my daughter was enjoying watching it so I that plus this thread reminding me of endless ocean convinced me to buy it for full price. So I went to Sears and picked up the bundle with Wii Speak for 29.99. Obviously Sears had it, they keep everything.

While I was at Sears, I got a good laugh. In the Xbox 360 section, behind the glass and ON DISPLAY were several copies of Enchanted Arms (the limited edition first release for the 360 with a comic packed in) for 39.99! Something tells me that I'll be buying those up in about 3 years when the Xbox 360 games are all being clearanced out for Xbox 3 stuff.

My Best Buy had 4 of them for $20.99 so $22.83 after tax. I went ahead and bought one, but I think I'll periodically check to see if the price dips any lower.

I figure the Wii Speak itself is worth around $8 so around $15 for this game in new condition was good for me.

bread's done
Back