Magical Starsign (DS game by Brownie Brown) - $9.00 at Amazon - FSSS, Prime Eligible

Fernando Rocker

CAGiversary!
Amazon is sellin :ds: Magical Starsign for just $9.30... the game is published by Nintendo, and developed by Brownie Brown.

If you guys don't know, Brownie Brown are the developers of Mother 3.

The game was released in 2006, so it's getting harder to get this game. You can't find the game at most retails stores anymore.

Link.

There is also a game published by Atlus called Contact, very similar to the Earthbound / Mother series. The game is also on sale. Check this thread if you are interested. Link.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoyed this game. A bit easy but really cute characters, and an enjoyable battle system. Really underrated game in my view.

This title is for the old school gamers who have alot of patience.
It's one of those JRPGs whereby every few steps your party takes, you'll have an encounter. There is no way to skip the encounter or auto-battle button and you'll have to go through every attack/spell casting/potion-drinking animation. And yes the music is repetitive, just the way it was ment to be :)

If you're a die-hard JRPG fan, go for this. The price is very attractive. Otherwise I'd really advise go play something else, especially if you have a fairly sizeable backlog.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Not a bad price. I believe the game is $4.99 used at Gamestop if you can find it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they have lots of copies at my local one.

Ehh, I got tired of this game really quickly. I played 20+ hours of it and was not close to halfway through, but I really wanted it to be over by that point.

That being said, I still have it, and I can't argue with getting a used $5 copy from GameStop.

Magical Starsign was the last DS game I played, and after I got about 8 hours in, I just couldn't stand it anymore. I found the battle system kind of annoying, and it was insane how much harder the boss battles were from normal battles. I disliked having to tap a character at a key moment during battle to boost their power, and the whole planets shifting and giving your characters a mega-bonus didn't interest me a whole lot. The storyline was cute and the characters entertaining, so that pulled me along for a while.

I liked it up to the point I got, despite the shitty decision to use the touch screen (implemented as well as it could be), but I ran into a game breaking bug. Most people don't though I think. I probably did something out of order or something.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I liked it up to the point I got, despite the shitty decision to use the touch screen (implemented as well as it could be), but I ran into a game breaking bug. Most people don't though I think. I probably did something out of order or something.[/QUOTE]

Care to elaborate?

If anyone lives by a '5 below' store, check their first. I bought a new copy for 5 bucks from there a month or two back and they had a load of em.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']If anyone lives by a '5 below' store, check their first. I bought a new copy for 5 bucks from there a month or two back and they had a load of em.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info on 5 Below!!! I'll check them out this weekend as 5 brand new stores in my area are opening this weekend. Closest one is about a mile away.

Looks like they sell PC games too...maybe I'll find some cheap goodies. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back