Status
Not open for further replies.

MillerTime2523

CAGiversary!
Feedback
119 (99%)
Original thread is here

Getting started, it is highly reccomended to find a Group

Post in this thread saying what you would like to purchase. Whether you want to get 5 people to buy a single game or map pack, or the entire PSN collection.

If your gamesharing group is meant for multiple transactions, one of your members should look into making a social group here on CAG.

To do this, go to the social group page, scroll down to the bottom, and click create group. Name it something like "CAG Gameshare Group __", and make it invite only. Then after you've done that, scroll to the bottom to invite your friends. This solve our communication problems between groups

ALSO - You can search this topic for games to see what other people have or want, and try and PM them and get something together.

------------------

How to Host a Gameshare Group(Thanks to Bastiartadi and fatboyjam for putting this together)
1) Create a dummy email account

2) Create a dummy PSN account

PRO TIP:
Put your address to Portland, Oregon (no tax) as for the specific address, Google 'starbucks Portland' and you'll get it.

3) Add your CC to the dummy account and purchase the agreed upon game.

PRO TIP:
Receive all the payment first before buying the game. Though it might slow the process down, it will keep you safe.

4) REMOVE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
PRO TIP:
Don't even think about forgetting this step.

5) Share the game with your CAG buddies.

---------

Gamesharing 101 (Also brought to you by Bastiartadi and fatboyjam. Thanks!)

1) Never change the password for the account so that the others could sell it in the future when they do no need it anymore.

2) When sending payment (via paypal I'm assuming), always type in your CAG username in the accompanying message.

3) You can only have a maximum of 16 user accounts in your PS3 and thus, only have a maximum of 15 game share accounts (15 plus your main account = 16). Deleting a user account will free up one of the 16 slots available for your PS3. See new tutorial below.

4) Only 5 people can 'share' a PSN account (You and 4 others)

-----------

How to deactivate your PSN ID from your PS3. (NEW 3/23) (Yet another big thanks go out to Bastiartadi for this)

1) Log-in your PS3 using the account you want to deactivate

2) To deactivate, go to Account Management -> System Activation -> PS3 System -> Games -> Deactivate

3) To delete your account from the PS3, go to Users on the far left side of the XMB and delete the user your PSN ID is attatched to.

NOTE:
Step 2 frees up one of the 5 possible shares on the PSN account.

Step 3 frees up one of the 16 maximum slots on your PS3.

-------------

To Users Setup on the Old Board

Here is the link:
http://caggamesharing.aforumfree.com/index.htm

------------

CAG Gamesharing FAQ

Q: How does gamesharing work?

A: It's simple. Once you buy a game, that game is tied to your PSN ID. Basically all you do is give someone your account info, and they click "download again." Both players will have the game, but remember, don't delete the account from your PSN, or the downloaded game will be gone!

Q: All right, seems easy enough, but how does this group thing work, and whats the point?

A: Basically, take the original idea, and add a few people into the mix. Each person logs on to the account, adds their credit card info, and buys the game(s) the group has agreed on. This is helpful to us, because prior to contorary belief, Sony limits us to gamesharing with 5 PEOPLE, not 5 shares per game. The whole group thing meets that requirement. Not to mention, having a single account for 5 people where you add and remove your credit card information is a LOT safer than just giving your account information to some random guy.

Q: This whole gamesharing thing sounds sketchy to me. Is it legit?

A: From CheapyD, the man himself:

Approved by Jack Tretton, President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment of America
http://www.wired.com/gaming/gamingreviews/news/2006/10/71982

Sony announced that players who download games from PlayStation's online shop can share them on up to five other PS3 machines.

If a player logs into his PlayStation 3 account on a friend's system, he can download any game he has already purchased. "You can send that content to four other friends for that initial investment," said Tretton. "We want to get the game in as many hands as possible." "It's not about generating profits at each and every interaction with the consumer," he said. "I think that really offsets the argument that says, 'Wow, that's a really pricey system.'"

Q: Feedback should be left for this transaction, right?

A: No. Per Trading/Feedback rules and guidelines in the trading forum:

Trading on CAG is "at your own risk". However, there are some special cases where feedback is not allowed and engaging in this specific trading activity warrants a special warning. Onto the list :

Playstation 3 gamesharing. You are opening up your account to trouble here. You know the risks.

Not sure what else I should add to this FAQ. Post or PM if you think of anything I should add. Happy sharing!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to create a new thread as the old one was getting too large for our forum software to handle. Sorry!

1 share shank @ castle crashers 6$

3 shares uno @ critter crunch 2$

resident evil direct cut 2$

socom and guilty gears 8$ and you can have the account

2 shares high volocity bowling @ kz map 1 - 1$
3 shares pain 1$

Finally a new thread! Anyways i just did a gameshare with Bunk22 and everything went well.
Also im looking to either join or start a long term gameshare group since im running low on accounts. If anyone has an open slot or would like to start a group with me, send me a PM

My list of offers!

Account 1
uncharted 2 seige expansion pack
patapon 2 (psp game)
Locoroco 2 (psp game)
Space Invaders Infinity Gene XMB Themes (1, 2 and 3)
US Region! 5 shares left! $5.00 a share!

Account 2
Qore spetember 2010 episode
US Region! 3 Shares left! $1 a share!

PSN Codes for sale
Hellboy movie rental (US region) $0.50
Clash of the titians movie rental (US region) $0.50
Men in black movie rental (US region) $0.50

if interested in any of my deals above, please feel free to PM me!
Payment via paypal please!

[quote name='likeme']Starting a Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution group $2.00 a share

1. ME

I am trying to get this ASAP so shoot me a PM and I will reply with my PP info.[/QUOTE]
I would consider this if we agreed to include all future Borderlands DLC in the group. My problem is I've hit the max account limit on my PS3 so I need to combine as much as possible into each share.

Correction, I would definitely be in if we could agree to all future DLC.

i think just about everyone is at there max account limit but i think im liking the single slot shares if u end up not enjoying the game u got u can get rid of it just as quick back to topic whats goin on with the sword and soldier group

Yeah that's one bonus to single game shares, but I'm not really ready to sell off any of the shares I have now to make room for new stuff so I don't know what my other options are. Maybe I should put some new shares on my other PS3. My Uncharted 2 ALL DLC group has worked out great though.

Starting a group for Lara Croft - $3.00 a share.

1. Midguy
2. Solid-Snake-Eyes
3. Byakurai
4. Sir-fly
5. Noone13

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I would consider this if we agreed to include all future Borderlands DLC in the group. My problem is I've hit the max account limit on my PS3 so I need to combine as much as possible into each share.

Correction, I would definitely be in if we could agree to all future DLC.[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure that they said this is the last add on for borderlands but i may be wrong, i want in on this group too since i haven't heard from anyone one in our other borderlands group.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I would consider this if we agreed to include all future Borderlands DLC in the group. My problem is I've hit the max account limit on my PS3 so I need to combine as much as possible into each share.

Correction, I would definitely be in if we could agree to all future DLC.[/QUOTE]

What is the max account limit?

Random Co-op Gameshare Group:

- Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light
- Shank
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

The price for these 3 excellent games would be $8/person. I'd like to kindly ask someone to be the host of this gameshare, since most credit cards in my country (Hungary) don't work with the US PSN Store.

If the group decides to do so, we can add Castle Crashers as well (+$3), and I'd also be interested in any of the following games: Flower, Trine, Braid, Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty, Wipeout HD and some Dragon Age DLC.

So if the group agrees on it, we can add any of the above (or maybe other titles) to our games, or we could even start a long-term group if you have the same interests.

So far there are 4 places left, and we've yet to find a host as well:

- me
- ?
- ?
- ?
- ?

If interested, let me know!

Selling shares of Burnout Paradise with all DLC (not the Ultimate Bundle as seen on PSN, as that only includes the party pack). Shares are $16. PM if interested.

For sale or trade (up for anything, PM with offers)
Game Share of Worms 2 - $3
Game Share of Sam & Max Full Season - $4
Game Share of Anarchy Rush Hour - $1.80
Game Share of Burn Zombie Burn/Zombie Apocalypse - $4
Download Code for Hero of Sparta
Download Code for What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord 2!?

Also looking for
Borderlands DLC
BFBC2 DLC

[quote name='Midguy']Starting a group for Lara Croft - $3.00 a share.

1. Midguy
5.[/QUOTE]

Send me a PM. I'd be interested if you already picked the game up.

[quote name='Tdwp_do0d']Im pretty sure that they said this is the last add on for borderlands but i may be wrong, i want in on this group too since i haven't heard from anyone one in our other borderlands group.[/QUOTE]
Did some looking around, some reviewers are saying they suspect it's the final one due to a GOTY edition coming out. In this interview with the head of the studio in Sept he says if people keep buying it they'll keep making it, but at the end he also says there are no current plans for more. He says he doesn't want to paint himself into a corner by saying there won't be more, but it kinda sounds like this is the last one. http://www.giantbomb.com/randy-pitchford-talks-borderlands-dlc/17-3225/

[quote name='Midguy']Starting a group for Lara Croft - $3.00 a share.

1. Midguy
2. Solid-Snake-Eyes
3. Byakurai
5.[/QUOTE]

2 spots left. I'll be buying the game tonight. Also, if y'all have suggestions on something for $5 you want that you would be willing to pay for, let me know.

Selling Uncharted 2 share which contains DLC ($5 via Paypal gift):

* PlayStation Heroes Skin Pack
* UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune Multiplayer Pack
* UNCHARTED 2 Siege Expansion Pack
* UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – Motion Comic Bundle (which includes Episodes 1-4)
* UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton Character Skins

[quote name='Midguy']Also, if y'all have suggestions on something for $5 you want that you would be willing to pay for, let me know.[/QUOTE]
This probably won't be a popular choice but what about My Aquarium? It's $5 and I'd be willing to pay a $1 share toward it. Not really a lot of good options at $5.

Selling
Worms 2 - Armageddon (3$)
Castle Crashers (3$)
Joe Danger & Hyperballoid HD (3$)
Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD (1.50$)
Sonic Adventure + Dlc(3$)

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']This probably won't be a popular choice but what about My Aquarium? It's $5 and I'd be willing to pay a $1 share toward it. Not really a lot of good options at $5.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. I think I may just end up getting Valkyria Chronicles II DLC for myself and if yall want to chip in a buck you can, but are not obligated to at all.

[quote name='sir-fly']im down for a tomb raider share[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. One spot left.

1. Midguy
2. Solid-Snake-Eyes
3. Byakurai
4. Sir-fly

[quote name='Midguy']Yeah, I know. I think I may just end up getting Valkyria Chronicles II DLC for myself and if yall want to chip in a buck you can, but are not obligated to at all.[/QUOTE]
Not interested in that personally, but just so you know I won't be downloading it without paying.

I think I'll actually buy My Aquarium for myself now that I've looked into it, pretty cool for 5 bucks.

[quote name='noone13']Midguy do you still have a share of lara drift left? If so ill gladly take it. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I'll send out a PM shortly w/ paypal info.

Is anyone interested in a ALL Street Fighter share? Im specifically talking about the new arcade edition patch + all 3 costume packs for all characters.

Anyone down to join a long term share group? I have over $200 worth of stuff to share with my own account, but I would also like to find 4 others to share PS3, PS One, PSP games, and DLC with. Please let me know if you would be interested.

Here is an in-depth inventory of my wares...:applause::applause::lol::roll::hot::bomb:
1. Battlefield Bad Company 2: Onslaught Mode
2. Battlefield Bad Company 2: Short-Cut Bundle Pack
3. Final Fantasy IX
4. Magic Orbz
5. Warhawk + All DLC Expansion Packs
6. Burnout Paradise Ultimate Edition with ALL DLC
7. Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online
8. Flower
9. PixelJunk Shooter
10. PixelJunk Monsters
11. Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
12. Marvel vs. Capcom 2
13. Fat Princess
14. Uncharted 2: Siege Expansion, Heroes Pack
15. 2010 SI Swimsuit Dynamic Theme
16. Final Fight Double Impact
17. Wipeout HD with Fury Expansion
18. God of War III Challenge of Exile and Dominus (Only for Ultimate Edition buyers)
19. Assassins Creed II Sequence 12 and 13. Battle of Forli and Bonfire of the Vanities w/ Secret Locations
20. Critter Crunch
21. Final Fantasy VII
22. Braid
23. South Park Dynamic Theme
24. Ratchet and Clank Dynamic Theme
25. Little Big Planet Dynamic Theme
26. Heavy Rain Dynamic Theme
27. Call of Duty Classic
28. Fallout 3 Broken Steel
29. High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition
30. Killzone 2 Flash and Thunder Pack
31. Rag Doll Kung Fu
32. Mortal Kombat II
33. fLow
34. Calling All Cars
35. Linger in Shadows
36. Ratchet and Clank Future: A Quest for Booty
37. Rock Band Song Export Key
38. SuperStar Dust HD

[quote name='Dtrain12']Anyone for Red Dead DLC? all 3 packs[/QUOTE]

I am down and would be willing to host, but dont think we will be able to fill the three remaining spots.

Swords & Soldiers
1. eth3real
2. bunk22
3. iwarboy
4. gomikeoh

Bertyo is out, 1 slot open.

Will try to setup this weekend.

[quote name='Midguy']Gotcha. One spot left.

1. Midguy
2. Solid-Snake-Eyes
3. Byakurai
4. Sir-fly
5.[/QUOTE]
thanks i am dl right now

I am selling my share of the Assassin's Creed II DLC for $2.20. Included is the Battle of Forli and Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations.

PM if interested.

[quote name='jacobeid']I'm looking for a share of lara croft, flower, and ff 8 and 9.

Anyone?[/QUOTE]
Well, I've got Croft and IX, in addition to Piyotama, Fat Princess (vanilla), SFII HDremix, and Critter Crunch.
Whaddya got? (I'd rather trade for games than do an outright cash transaction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back