Saints Row 2 (PC) $3.99 @ Amazon (Prime Eligible)

It seems like a great deal, but alot of the reviews say its a horrible port. This is what someone said "This is the worst port I've played in a long time. And I thought Mass Effect was bad. By comparison this game makes the transfer of Mass Effect from Xbox to PC look like a carefully designed masterpiece. "

Damn. :hot:

If you have Mass Effect 1 for the PC, you know.

Lol yeah it actually is a pretty crappy port of the game, Ive played a rented copy of saints row 2 on xbox 360 and by comparison the pc version runs like shit. At the same time its only $3.99 lol

I paid 5 dollars and I regret it. The only game where I can't get proper stereo sound in my headphones. The only solution only works in XP too.

Seems worth it just to register onto steam. I was just reading their forum about the "Gentlemen of the Row" mod that has has some game fixes as well as a ton of mods.

I think I paid 7 or 5 dollars for it, and I found it to be worth the money. The port is optimized poorly, but that's the worst thing I noticed (though I know a lot of other people have had problems with other bugs). It's a lot more bombastic than GTA is, so if that's what you're looking for, I suggest it.

[quote name='Unicorntard']And I thought Mass Effect was bad. By comparison this game makes the transfer of Mass Effect from Xbox to PC look like a carefully designed masterpiece. "

Damn. :hot:

If you have Mass Effect 1 for the PC, you know.[/QUOTE]

what is wrong with the mass effect 1 port to pc. i thought there were some improvements as well as bugs in me1 for pc.

It's been a while since I ran it, but I remember it being pretty good. Got it on clearances at Target.

I found this port to be absolutely awful. Even with GTA4 I could use a mix of medium settings and get the game to play (not a great framerate, but good enough). With Saints Row 2, it runs fine with one major exception; every time I get in a vehicle the framerate absolutely chugs. With driving being such a huge part of these kind of games, that basically makes the game unplayable.

It's a shame too since the game is awesome on PS3 and I was hoping it would be great on PC as well. Perhaps if you have a beasting comp it'll run better for you though.

bread's done
Back