PIRATE BATTLE! - every Advance Wars fan MUST see....

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
PIRATE BATTLE! - GBA - every Advance Wars fan MUST see....

Never heard of this till today....

man do i love Advance Wars....

but MAN do i love pirates.....

this game.
will rock.
period.

linkage ----> http://www.orbitalmedia.com/game_piratebattle.php
-------------> http://gameboy.ign.com/objects/682/682335.html?fromint=1

pirate-battle-200405070814424.jpg

pirate-battle-200405070814034.jpg

pirate-battle-200405070814549.jpg

Wait, wait, wait.... what does this game have in common with Advanced Wars? It looks like you control no armies, your maps aren't world maps but in small areas, it just looks like a sweet tactics game.

There must be something I'm missing, feel free to clue me in.

[quote name='crystalklear64']It looks like you control no armies, your maps aren't world maps but in small areas, it just looks like a sweet tactics game.

There must be something I'm missing, feel free to clue me in.[/quote]

pirates.jpg

[quote name='crystalklear64']Wait, wait, wait.... what does this game have in common with Advanced Wars? It looks like you control no armies, your maps aren't world maps but in small areas, it just looks like a sweet tactics game.

There must be something I'm missing, feel free to clue me in.[/quote]

Aside from the CLEAR cues its taking from the visual style of advance wars....
the description of the game is nearly a dead on take on the series...
with the exception of it being pirate based... and yes... without LARGE armies... but instead smaller groups of pirates on smaller maps.

OVERVIEW

Test your skills on land or sea in "Pirate Battle". Choose from 10 uniquely skilled pirates under your command, each with their own way of fighting. With villains to battle and treasure to be had, it’s up to you to guide your pirates to victory! A game world full of interaction lets you look for other answers, whether you build a bridge across the water or board an enemy ship and destroy it from the inside out. When you have seen enough of the world of Pure Blue, the battle continues in the Pirate Battle multiplayer mode, where up to four players can battle it out with treasure on the line!

* Key Features: PIRATES: Recruit up to 10 unique characters at your command, each with their own special ability. 5 different enemy teams with new crews and special powers will try to stop you.
* Interact: Push boxes, roll barrels, or fire cannons. Hide in buildings to avoid enemy attacks, or pillage the buildings yourself to find treasure!
* Tactics: Powerful AP system lets you determine when to move, when to fight, and when to hold back. Dangerous terrain and special abilities make your choices count.
* Terrain: Sail the world of Pure Blue on a customizable pirate ship. Visit ports to upgrade your equipment, search for treasure on land, or fight a variety of villains on the high seas.

Wow. I hope this is actually good, and it does bear a similar to AW. Bear in mind though, it's not from Intelligent Systems, who are just on a damn ROLL when it comes to the GBA. It's from "Orbital" who I know nothing about it.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']..... Bear in mind though, it's not from Intelligent Systems......It's from "Orbital" who I know nothing about it.[/quote]

Orbital is small, tightly knit group of canadian hardcore pixelbased 2d purists resposible for the delightful Racing Gears Advance....

now you know them.

check the site ----> http://www.orbitalmedia.com/

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']An original franchise with gameplay elements of one of the best series on GBA? WITH PIRATES?! Count me in![/quote]

See? THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! :D :D :D

You know, I never did get into Advance Wars.

Even so, I'm still going to give this one a shot. The only way this could be cooler would be if it included lots of ninjas and lens flares. :wink:

their should be a grunt button where u can hit it and ur pirate goes arrrrghh or gimeee me rum. It could be like grand theft auto with the farting and burping except with pirate noises

Didn't the series finale of Family Matters have Urkel and Hot Carl travel back in time to a pirate ship? If I remember right, the episode was also in 3-D. Anyone else remember that? Seems to me like pirates should still be reeling from the damage Urkel did to their cool with that little featurette.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']can someone answer this

when does pirates not equal awesome?

hook doesn't count.[/quote]

When I ninja has lobbed of thier head, duh.

bread's done
Back