Fable II LE 19.99 @ Sears.com

I've been debating this because of the exclusive items and dungeon (to answer the guy above me and according to Amazon: Includes "The Hall of the Dead" Dungeon, "The Wreckager" Legendary Cutlass Weapon and Spartan armor and energy sword") but I already have Fable II + the 2 DLCs...dunno if it's worth it for just those small extras.

I'd say the Platinum Hits edition with all the DLC is more worth your $20. This Limited Edition was a real letdown. Besides a different cover art and some DLC armor, there's really nothing worth noting. No collectibles or bonus items like you'd expect in a special edition...

In for one, since I missed out when Amazon had it for around the same price a while back. I *really* hope this isn't one of the few that incurred the wrath of the missing DLC... I am extraordinarily apathetic when it comes to getting fucked over.

While this package looks cooler it's more sensible to just go for the Platinum Hits version for the added content.

Halo Armor beats whatever else is out there

I'm glad I got this at launch for that one extra alone. The other DLC you can pick up anytime

I would be wary of this since DLC codes could have an expiration date. I believe some of the DLC in my EA Limited Edition games like Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age expire within a year of release.

where does sears get this random extra stock of LE games? I can't complain...saints row 2 came mint to me last time and quick....hope this has the DLC...but if not..meh..still worth the 20

[quote name='Japakneez']I would be wary of this since DLC codes could have an expiration date. I believe some of the DLC in my EA Limited Edition games like Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age expire within a year of release.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you that as of a couple months ago, the LE codes still worked. As far as I know, these don't expire.

I want this just for the Spartan armor, also for anyone wondering, there was actually a problem where some copies of these games did not have the LE contents codes in them. My friend bought a new copy and it didn't have the code inside, but he was able to email MS and get the code for his LE contents.

Fable 2 LE had to be one of the worst LEs of all time. They cut extra physical content about a month before release, reducing it to basically an alternate artwork cover, a "making of" DVD and exclusive DLC. The real rub was that not every LE contained the DLC code and their wise solution was to give away the exclusive DLC for free with no proof of purchase.

So in the end, all you really paid extra for was an alternate artwork cover and "making of" DVD.

[quote name='Guerrilla']The real rub was that not every LE contained the DLC code and their wise solution was to give away the exclusive DLC for free with no proof of purchase.[/QUOTE]

I only came to realize about the exclusive Fable 2 LE DLC (extra dungeon which leads to a Legendary sword I think) from this thread. But I did not realize it was free. The only DLCs I know about was 'Knothole Island' & 'See The Future'. How do we get it free? Or was it via an update? Obviously I have not played the game, and am about to embark on it soon.

No thank you. A gimped CE version that had half its bonus items canceled, or the PH version that has all the DLC... PH it is.

The PH version doesn't have the Spartan Armor or Energy sword, though, which is two things that are actually really cool to see in action.

[quote name='basis']I only came to realize about the exclusive Fable 2 LE DLC (extra dungeon which leads to a Legendary sword I think) from this thread. But I did not realize it was free. The only DLCs I know about was 'Knothole Island' & 'See The Future'. How do we get it free? Or was it via an update? Obviously I have not played the game, and am about to embark on it soon.[/QUOTE]
That promotion is over because it was first-come-first-serve, but anyone could apply.. whether you had the regular version or didn't even own the game at all. So now if you buy the LE and it doesn't have the code, you're SOL.

I heard that the LE content will not work with the PH Disc. True?

[quote name='Japakneez']I would be wary of this since DLC codes could have an expiration date. I believe some of the DLC in my EA Limited Edition games like Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age expire within a year of release.[/QUOTE]
EA/Bioware announced sometime ago that the DLC will no longer expire, even if there is a expiration date on the voucher.

What you're paying for here is the Halo armor... If you're not into that grab the PH version which comes with far more extensive DLC. At this point you might want to consider investing this money into Fable 3 instead, it will be out soon and it comes with a $20 GC @ amazon.

[quote name='eau']I heard that the LE content will not work with the PH Disc. True?

EA/Bioware announced sometime ago that the DLC will no longer expire, even if there is a expiration date on the voucher.[/QUOTE]

I know that the regular disc and the PH Disc content won't work together, the regular disc will say error. (because of the extra DLC most likely and whatever else is available on the PH disc that the regular doesn't have access to w/out DLC)

Debating if this is worth it for the armor. I was able to get a used copy for $1.50 at blockbuster awhile back but everytime I try to win the sparton armor on eBay it goes over 20.

[quote name='Guerrilla']That promotion is over because it was first-come-first-serve, but anyone could apply.. whether you had the regular version or didn't even own the game at all. So now if you buy the LE and it doesn't have the code, you're SOL.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. I believe MS can still give you a code if you call them, but I believe they require you to fax them a copy of your receipt to prove that you recently bought it new/sealed.

bread's done
Back