Amazon credit ethics

Shady Hombre

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So I pre-ordered Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light, and it came with $10 credit for a future game purchase. The thing is, I ended up deciding I have too many RPGs in my backlog, so I refused the package for a refund. I still have the credit. Wouldn't using this kind of be...taking advantage?

Yes. They're supposed to deduct the amount from your return though I believe. So they may just let you keep that $10 credit and charge you $10? I dunno. If they don't take the credit though, I'd just use it.

Amazon has made mistakes before where they give you credit for a pre-order and let you keep it even if you cancel the pre-order. It's a mistake on their part and I've never heard of them charging anyone for their mistake. I doubt they'll make any fuzz over your $10 credit, so go ahead and use it.

In regard to the moral question, yes, you are taking advantage, but I doubt Amazon would care enough to take back that credit even if you told them.

Be careful that you don't pull things like this too often though. Yeah, they won't care about it happening occasionally, but if it starts to happen often they'll ban your Amazon account.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Be careful that you don't pull things like this too often though. Yeah, they won't care about it happening occasionally, but if it starts to happen often they'll ban your Amazon account.[/QUOTE]

They could, but I have never, ever, heard of anyone getting banned for taking advantage of such Amazon credit errors.

bread's done
Back