Giveaway: Win Xbox Live Gold time, XBLA Points, PSN Points, or Gamestop gift cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomdud

CAGiversary!
Feedback
237 (100%)
Contest runs from: 10/15/10 to 10/31/10 at 11:59:00 PM EST.

Hi, I've been a CAG for a couple years now, and this is my first contest. If this contest goes well, I will hold regular contests in the future to help promote my blog. Feel free to give me some suggestions if I can do something better with contests or writing. What I'm planning on doing is having a variable amount of grand prizes for the number of people I get interested and a set amount of smaller prizes. So the more people you get interested, the more chances you have of winning! The small prizes are a secret for now, but I will say they are not physical items. These are codes and downloadable items that I can send out immediately to any winner.

Right now, I'm thinking of either every 25 people entering or every 50 people entering I will add a grand prize, which will either be a 20$ Gamestop gift card, Xbox live 3 month card, 20$ PSN Points Card, or 20$ Xbox Live points card. Sorry Wii owners, I will try to fit you guys in next time. ;) If I don't get as many entries as I think I will, I might change the prize marker down, so people still have a good shot at winning cool prizes. I also can include itunes gift cards, Barnes and noble gift cards, and various other gift cards. I will provide a full list of card soon. :)

The best part is, you get to choose what you want if you win a grand prize! So by now you must be wondering how to enter, right?

There are currently five (plus bonus entries= eight) methods for entering the normal giveaway.

First: Visit my blog: http://deathofnormailty.blogspot.com/
Please follow me with a Blogger account or your Google account. Then, leave a comment on any article I have written after 2009. The comment must be at least two-three sentences long and contain the phrase: "Thanks for the contest, Obsidian Spire!" [Obsidian Spire is my main moniker on most of my internet accounts]

Second and Third: Visit my Twitter for my blog: https://twitter.com/ObsidianSpy
Follow me please and give me a retweet on any of the tweets I have made. Retweeting is a bonus entry, since a ton of people forgot.

Fourth and Fifth:
Visit my Facebook Page for my blog: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/The-Death-of-Normailty/111245082245001
Please like the page and suggest it to any videogame fans you know or just friends who might be interested in free stuff. If you plan on referring it to friends, email me who you referred before they join and once they join you can get a bonus entry.

Sixth and Seventh
: I might make this method creative. One possible example: create cool photoshop images that relate to something I posted about on my blog. Actually, I really like that idea, so let's go with it! Anyone who emails me with a cool image they made : [email protected] : will receive a fifth entry and depending on how awesome the image is, I may award a bonus entry. Anyone who posts something that I find out is plagiarized or just a Google image they stole loses all entries in the contest, no exceptions. If you have legitimately submit your image elsewhere before, please inform me in the email.

Eighth
: spread the contest around. Have to send proof the contest was spread to email : [email protected] : I want more entries in the contest, and you want more prizes, so keep helping out and you shall be rewarded!

Separate Donation Prize Entry methods!

One Prime and Two Prime: Gift/donate money to my Paypal account or send me an Amazon gift card. You can go ahead and send gift cards to either of my previously listed emails, but if you want to donate to my Paypal, check out my blog on the right side. All donations go to my blog fund, which I use to purchase games and stuff I plan on reviewing.

More information about Donating:
Donations go to a separate grand prize just for donations, so those who donate have a higher chance of winning something. I'm thinking that it might be three of the potential regular grand prizes, so 60$ worth of something and the winner chooses. And as a bonus for donating, people can send suggestions for games to review and I will pick from the list randomly and buy the winner using the donations and possibly other suggestions if I have any leftover funds.

Sounds like a good idea?

Remember: donations < $1 get you one entry. Anything >= $1 gets you a minimum of one entry and a bonus entry. I will add bonus entries for every additional dollar and larger bonuses of 3 bonus entries for every 5$ spent when you donate to my blog fund, which I use to buy games I plan on reviewing or for new ideas on the blog.

Breakdown:
$0.01- 0.99: One entry
$1.00-1.99: Two entries
$2.00-2.99: Three entries
$3.00-3.99: Four entries
$4.00-4.99: Five entries
$5.00-5:99: Eight entries

So you can calculate from there with 1 extra entry for any additional dollars, and 3 extra entries for every five dollars spent in addition to the normal one dollar entries for the other segments.

Also, I set up my donation button and have posted it to my blog on the right side near the top. If you would like to enter for the separate prize, go ahead. I also accept Amazon donations to any email I have listed already.

Please, don't PM me for more information. I will try to respond in this thread and to emails, but those two methods are it. Thanks for reading, and remember, I'm open to suggestions and advice about the contest or just future entries for my blog!

Sincerely,
Obsidian Spire

I look forward to seeing what you all come up with!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the Contest OP.

I have done the requirements for entries # 1 - 6.

I am @Tarantox on twitter.

#1 - Fololwing blog and commented.
#2 - Following twitter and retweeted.
#3 - Liked FB page and suggested to friends, don't know if any will join though.

Too bad I lack any photoshop skills :)

Good luck all!

Thanks for entering guys. I will start making a list of entries this weekend to make it easier on myself.

@Archfiend, you can choose to only do the easy methods, you lazy bum. :p

I did the first three, and forwarded a link. I will be doing the picture thing too, just need inspiration. ^^

Question: Can we take stuff from pictures? Not use the picture in its entirety, of course, but photoshop something out of one picture into ours?

Right now, I have around 30 entries from different people already. So you're guaranteed at least 2 grand prizes and the smaller prizes as well. Keep spreading it around if you want more chances.

Also, I was considering making donations go to a separate grand prize just for donations, so those who donate have a higher chance of winning something. I'm thinking that it might be two out of the potential regular grand prizes, so 40$ worth of something and the winner chooses.

Sounds like a good idea?

EDIT: Just a heads up, but to eligible for entry through Twitter, you must retweet something I posted. I see some of you did this correctly, but I noticed a lot of you haven't yet. If enough people forget, I might make retweeting a bonus entry. :)

A friendly bump and reminder: remember to retweet!

Also, I was considering making donations go to a separate grand prize just for donations, so those who donate have a higher chance of winning something. I'm thinking that it might be three of the potential regular grand prizes, so 60$ worth of something and the winner chooses. And as a bonus for donating, people can send suggestions for games to review and I will pick from the list randomly and buy the winner using the donations and possibly other suggestions if I have any leftover funds.

Sounds like a good idea?

Remember: donations < $1 get you one entry. Anything >= $1 gets you a minimum of one entry and a bonus entry. I will add bonus entries for every additional dollar and larger bonuses of 3 bonus entries for every 5$ spent when you donate to my blog fund, which I use to buy games I plan on reviewing or for new ideas on the blog.

Breakdown:
$0.01- 0.99: One entry
$1.00-1.99: Two entries
$2.00-2.99: Three entries
$3.00-3.99: Four entries
$4.00-4.99: Five entries
$5.00-5:99: Eight entries

So you can calculate from there with 1 extra entry for any additional dollars, and 3 extra entries for every five dollars spent in addition to the normal one dollar entries for the other segments.

Also, I set up my donation button and have posted it to my blog on the right side near the top. If you would like to enter for the separate prize, go ahead. I also accept Amazon donations to any email I have listed already.

A friendly bump again. If you notice, I added a ninth entry point method. Now, if you help spread the contest somewhere and provide proof through email, I give you a bonus entry. Hopefully that helps people find this giveaway and get you guys more prizes!

[quote name='time2play']i agree. complicated too.[/QUOTE]

If anyone is having trouble understanding the contest, here's a summary so far.

REGULAR ENTRY METHODS FOR PRIZES- ALL FREE!

First: Visit my blog, follow the blog, and leave a comment that's 2-3 sentences long and contains "Thanks for the contest, Obsidian Spire!"

Second and Third:
Visit my Twitter for my blog, follow my Twitter account, and retweet any tweet. Retweeting is now worth a second entry.

Fourth and Fifth: Visit my Facebook Page for my blog, and like it for one entry. If you want an extra entry, suggest to a friend/friends and if they like it as well, you get another entry. I need to be informed who you invite at my email.

Sixth and Seventh: Make a cool image related to something on my blog. Send it to my email, and if it's awesome, I give it an extra entry in addition to the one you got for just submitting an image.

Eighth: spread the contest around in any shape or form, like posting it on another forum, blog, etc. Email me with proof to get an extra entry.

DONATION Entry Methods

One Prime and Two Prime: Donate money. This goes to a separate prize now, which is better than the normal prizes because it's 3 of the normal prizes or 60$ worth of whatever you want! Can get as many entries as you want according to breakdown in first post and later post.

If people have questions, please ask them. You can enter through any of the methods above, so if you don't like one or something, just skip it. I know I couldn't do the photshop one without some help.

Also, is it because it was confusing that you guys gave me a no vote for good contest in the poll? I am trying my best here and this is my first contest, so sorry if it was too confusing. I was writing it a little late when i was tired. Has it gotten any better with my clarifications and reformatting the rules to look neater?

#1 - Fololwing blog and commented wesdw369
#2 - Following twitter and retweeted wesdw369
#3 - Liked FB page and suggested to friends wesdw369

A bump. :) Good to see some more entries coming in. I reward people who help spread the contest around, so keep on doing it!

I also wanted to inform you that your odds of taking the donation prize is much higher than a normal prize. Right now I only have donations from one person, so challenge them with any amount you want to donate. It seems like the donation raffle is going to be a cakewalk for me.

Donation prize= 60$ worth of something!

Donate with this link below or check out my blog on the top right.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=ZAO918g6kbwnytMc6HNwkK0foxyA7fDe0LMJc6oU02yW5pItX6AMSEhQ3cG&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8dc60d77e6184470d51976060a4ab6ee74

Thanks for entering so far, people!

Hey guys, a little bump. Any suggestions for places I can post this giveaway on other sites? You can get an extra entry if you post this contest elsewhere, too. :)

I'm fairly satisfied with the number of regular entries, but donation wise it's rather disappointing. Still just one entry. All donations go to my blog game fund, which I use to purchase games suggested by readers/users. SO go donate and suggest games!

This is awesome. I have something to share aswell. Register for free at this website (Points2Shop.com) you will get 250 points for just registering. Then you have a option to complete free offers like (Surveys, etc.) OR you can play free flash games on the website and earn points. you can get all kinds of gaming stuff like: 1600 Microsoft Points, 4000 microsoft points, Games, New xbox 360's, 3 Month Subscriptions, 1 Year subscription and much more. Just go and check it out and see for yourself. I have got lots of stuff through this website. I get on it like a hour a day and play games and earn points. You can also exchange your points you earn on Amazon for stuff too. Its amazing. 100% Legit and Free. This is no spam post or anything. just wanted to share with you guys another great offer. I also got a youtube video explaining how it works. If you want to see the video my username on youtube is Floodgates07 and the video is called Points2Shop. Thanks guys, if you sign up, put me down as a refferal my username is Floodgates add me as your friend on there and i will show you how it works.

^ lol what an advertisement

Entered via 1st 2nd and 3rd methods, will come back later and try other methods of entry as well.

randomdud: I don't think you made it very clear in the OP that the donation prize is a separate prize. I think you might have a little more success if you made the prizes for both drawings a little more easy to see.

Additionally, suggestions for places you can post this giveaway: I'd say deviantART would be a good place, especially for entry method 6 and 7. You'd probably get all sorts of neat things for your blog that way.
You could post it as a "News" post on that site for the contests section, and you could probably find a place to post about it on the forums as well.

Winners of regular prizes: I. Kazimer and D. Bressler! I will send you a message soon. Donation winner: Reibear/ H. Nakamura Thanks so much for participating and I will try hosting new giveaways in the future, so stay tuned.

Thanks for all the suggestions and I will take them into account for future contests.

I really like the DeviantArt suggestion, Reibear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back