Rumor: Fable II is free on xbox 360 marketplace

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/g...sb=1&did=00000001-0000-4000-8000-00004d5307f1

Info from the regular US forum:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275618

It's a 7GB download but I don't know if it's the full game. even Xbox support is say No, It's just episode 1.

Twitter comment from MS employee.
thevowel: Is Fable II free? YES... episode 1, that is. Get it today from Xbox LIVE and buy the remaining episodes from Marketplace later.

XboxSupport: Hey everyone! FYI : The free Fable 2 download everyone is talking about is Episode 1 of the game and is legit. Download away! ^JM

Either way if Fable II is free or not a lot of people will be playing it tonight and it'll be fun seeing all the orbs running around albion.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nukkus']noooo, that's just the first chapter. the rest you have to pay for. been liek that for a while now.[/QUOTE]

They must have taken it down and fixed it as I downloaded the full game and can get achievements from it. I got the full 6.6GB worth, when I DL'd Episode 1 a year ago it was only 1.2GB or so and did not let me get any achievements.

weird, because my retail save from later in the game is prompting me to buy the full version.

dunno about anyone else, but the site is now showing $19.99

It was put up free accidentally earlier, I lucked in and got it and I can confirm it is indeed the full retail version, not just episode 1. MS clued into their mistake a little bit ago and took it down.

[quote name='chrisryans']It was put up free accidentally earlier, I lucked in and got it and I can confirm it is indeed the full retail version, not just episode 1. MS clued into their mistake a little bit ago and took it down.[/QUOTE]

Yes but don't expect them to acknowledge that they screwed up. I didn't get in on it since it's not my type of game.

From previous threads it was FREE for a few hours from as early as 3:30 ET.

Just tried it an hour ago, worked fine, even got an achievement.

Now I can lend my friend the copy I just got off Goozex and play some co-op (picked up the DLC while it was on sale as well)

Something isn't really a "rumor" when a million people know about it.

But yeah, see my gamercard, it's the full version all right. It's ironic how I and apparently a hundred other people were planning on buying it today.

[quote name='Limegreen']I could not get this to work at first this is what i did in case it can help anyone, i kept clicking this link until it showed game was free http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/ga...0-00004d5307f1 clicked buy, then went to Xbox.com - marketplace - my account - purchase history - fable 2 full game appears instead of episode 1, i then added to download queue from there.[/QUOTE]Im trying this right now. It just says that I cant purchase this from the web.

[quote name='Survivalism']Something isn't really a "rumor" when a million people know about it.
[/QUOTE]
Yep. This is more of a "ymmv" thing. If you can get it you got it, and if you don't not the end of the world.

yea, i saw this on reddit, that took me to slickdeals. i was able to get it before they shut it down. pretty cool. i haven't played fable II before.

Worked for me earlier today and people on RFD say it just worked for them like right now, I don't think they shut it off or anything, just random people getting errors?

I was in a middle of a lecture when I heard of this. Texted my friends and they were able to download it with no problem for free.

Unfortunately for me, it was too late by the time I got home. Definitely not working for me. Tried it again and still no dice.

*sigh*

All I'm getting is:

Sorry This item is not available for purchase from Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web.

[quote name='Rig']All I'm getting is:

Sorry This item is not available for purchase from Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web.[/QUOTE]

This is what I am getting also. Boo.

I d/l'ed episode one when it first came out. I just checked the link and it showed the 6.6GB version, and that I already purchased it. I clicked "download again to Xbox," so I'll check it out later and see if it works as full.

[quote name='Survivalism']Something isn't really a "rumor" when a million people know about it.

But yeah, see my gamercard, it's the full version all right. It's ironic how I and apparently a hundred other people were planning on buying it today.[/QUOTE]
In-Deed

[quote name='BforBusiness']yea, i saw this on reddit, that took me to slickdeals. i was able to get it before they shut it down. pretty cool. i haven't played fable II before.[/QUOTE]

gotta love reddit...and CAG

I added it to my Queue last night from Xbox.com but I still have not even downloaded it on my Xbox. If it doesn't work then oh well because I already own a copy of Fable II but if it does then that will be nice.

[quote name='sp00ge']I d/l'ed episode one when it first came out. I just checked the link and it showed the 6.6GB version, and that I already purchased it. I clicked "download again to Xbox," so I'll check it out later and see if it works as full.[/QUOTE]

Same scenario happened to me but this time it let me load my finished game save which you couldn't do in Episode 1.

"This item is not available for purchase from Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web" is what I just received after following the link. *sadface* Been wanting to play this for awhile now. Ah well.

Just a heads up, apparently for those who got the full game for free, by no means delete it for if you do, when you try to redownload it, you'll only get the episode 1 demo.

This should be obvious but a lot of people have tiny harddrives and this game is over 6 gigs.

[quote name='poiuiu']Just a heads up, apparently for those who got the full game for free, by no means delete it for if you do, when you try to redownload it, you'll only get the episode 1 demo.

This should be obvious but a lot of people have tiny harddrives and this game is over 6 gigs.[/QUOTE]

Makes me happy I went with the 250GB upgrade. ;)

bread's done
Back