Super Meat Boy 800Msp until sometime in november

Gotta like that. Thanks for the info. Still not sure I'll be getting it, but that certainly makes it more attractive. It never looked like a $15 game to me.

well this gives me an excuse to grab something else along with costume quest or lara croft

was going to wait until the pc version but shiettt

Awesome! Thanks for sharing dude, I've been looking forward to Super Meat boy for nearly a year now. Hope its halfway decent.

I was going to buy it anyway day one. But now this is an even greater reason. Don't forget that Team Meat plans on releasing free post game DLC too. These guys are obviously trying to make their game as attractive a purchase as possible.

But now I'll have to spend a little more just to get up to the 2400 points I need to spend, oye!

Played a level of this at PAX in Seattle. Totally hyped up for some punishingly hard platforming awesomeness.

Though still holding out for the Steam release in November... when this version will probably go up in cost.

[quote name='Indignate']That Quick Look and this deal just convinced me to get this game.[/QUOTE]Me, too... and the game's a real controller thrower, which is not my usual thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a pleasant surprise, I was ready to spend 1200 pts on this. Now I need to find another way to spend 400 pts and get my 800 pt rebate. Already bought Deathspank: ToV earlier in the month. Maybe I'll splurge on Costume Quest.

I wish there was some sort of Mini-Meat Boy thing to purchase, as I'm wanting to hit the 2400 mark and would totally wish to throw money at the people behind this game to accomplish that. It's a confusing day when I feel burdoned with a "free" $5 to spend.

Also kinda regretting not buying Kasumi last week, but ohhhhhhh well.

now this is a deal i can get behind. much better than the current shitty dotw. They are also planning FREE DLC support "teh internets", pretty much the opposite of EA's model of withholding content on the disc you paid for ahem*vip/onslaught *ahem.

This is great! Been waiting for SMB, and would have taken the plunge at 1200, but 800 is just a definite pick up. Hopefully other games will follow this trend, I would definitely buy more games when they came out instead of waiting for them to go on sale.

awesome! I was just whining to my girlfriend yesterday about all these games coming out at 1200 points now. so stoked to get this day one and not have to wait for a sale.

Very very clever. Although I'm really excited for this game, I was going to wait a couple months while I play through the "bigger" games like Vanquish, Fallout and Fable.

Now I'll buy it day-one, but probably not play it for a few months.

So being on sale, does this count towards the spend 2400 get 800 back promo? If so then for me it's Costume Quest + Super Meat Boy + ...any suggestions for around 400? Otherwise I may just get Limbo making all 3 average to 800 each.

I hope this sells great so then companies will see what the price point should be when they are selling XBLA games. Like Dead Rising: Case 0 at $5 this is perfect at $10

This is awesome. I was going to buy it at 1200 even though I didn't like paying $15 for it so this just makes it even sweeter.

[quote name='Sway']Giant Bomb Quick Look:
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-super-meat-boy/17-3387/

Thanks for the awesome heads up, OP. SMB seems like a game I'd love but also seems overly difficult for me.[/QUOTE]

"Quick look"? Do they do that as a joke a lot? It's almost 50min long...

Anyway I'm on the fence, seems like XBLA is being bombarded with difficult games lately and frustration does not = fun for me. I've always thought it should be an 800pt game anyway, but that video does show a little more depth then I thought. Guess a purchase will depend on the demo.

[quote name='JKSonic']"Quick look"? Do they do that as a joke a lot? It's almost 50min long...

Anyway I'm on the fence, seems like XBLA is being bombarded with difficult games lately and frustration does not = fun for me. I've always thought it should be an 800pt game anyway, but that video does show a little more depth then I thought. Guess a purchase will depend on the demo.[/QUOTE]

Same here. The game looks really well made, but I am just not the glutton for punishment that I was ten or twenty years ago. I will need to check out a demo to see just how hard this game really is.

But now it's definitely on my radar, so thanks for posting the deal.

[quote name='mikeja72']So being on sale, does this count towards the spend 2400 get 800 back promo? If so then for me it's Costume Quest + Super Meat Boy + ...any suggestions for around 400? Otherwise I may just get Limbo making all 3 average to 800 each.[/QUOTE]

Yes it counts... it's been asked 100 times. ANY XBLA or DLC counts. PERIOD. Now go away before I kick you in the face.

[quote name='JKSonic']Anyway I'm on the fence, seems like XBLA is being bombarded with difficult games lately and frustration does not = fun for me...[/QUOTE]

What other 'super difficult' games are we talking about here? Comic Jumper's difficulty is GREATLY exaggerated.

Don't forget all the free DLC these guys have promised by skirting the usually DLC process and adding hooks directly in the game to update with new level packs.

[quote name='Izod517']Yes it counts... it's been asked 100 times. ANY XBLA or DLC counts. PERIOD. Now go away before I kick you in the face.[/QUOTE]

Have some pent up aggression? Might I suggest K2 from your local 7-11/Exxon

[quote name='Izod517']What other 'super difficult' games are we talking about here? Comic Jumper's difficulty is GREATLY exaggerated.[/QUOTE]

Well we have Mega Man games they are hard. Limbo you die a lot. Comic Jumper isn't Backyard Football/Avatar easy and some might get frustrated with it quickly. Just throwing that out there.

I remember earlier in the related thread someone said they thought items on sale didn't count so whoever wants to kick me in the face chill out.

I also want that soundtrack, I hear they'll have something for sale next month.

As for Giant Bomb's "quick looks" they very from game to game. I haven't seen a QL that long since Civ 5, which warrants a 40 minute video. And really, so does this game. It shows how addictive and maddening the experience is!

[quote name='joshnorm']Well we have Mega Man games they are hard. Limbo you die a lot. Comic Jumper isn't Backyard Football/Avatar easy and some might get frustrated with it quickly. Just throwing that out there.[/QUOTE]

Mega Man games are always retardedly hard. I didn't find Limbo that hard either. And now that I've gotten old I'm not a big fan of a game being hard for the sake of being hard - like Mega Man - but regardless it doesn't really seem like it's a 'whole slew' of games. Most reviewers indicate SMB is hard, but not unfairly so. Regardless if you're on the fence in regards to difficulty, go play Meat Boy on Newsgrounds.

I can't help but worry about how the difficulty level and platforming precision requirements of Super Meat Boy will be anything but completely frustrating using the atrociously inaccurate 360 D-Pad.

Oh well I guess that's what demos are for.

I just watched the Giant Bomb video and the game looks cool but I'm pretty sure I'll pass on it. I can see it being as frustrating for me as 'Splosion Man. I'll still try out the demo, though.

bread's done
Back