Fallout New Vegas Collector's Edition $69.99 + $10 Reward at Best Buy! Stock problems

LoveDragonDon

CAGiversary!
Hey, am kinda shocked to see nobody here talking about deals for this game at all. First, anyone else is having big issues today getting your CE at Best Buy you pre-ordered at? I am! :/ They don't have any even though I've pre-ordered! They told me only 2 came and 4 pre-ordered... I think they sold it to people who didn't pre-order, but what do I know?

I asked their employees to pull up a store search to see other stores availability and I looked at it...

Says it cost $69.99. Wasn't it $79.99 elsewhere?

MOST stores have 0 in inventory. A few have only 2 (Include mine), but I thought Best Buy would get more pre-order for this game than 2 per store.

Also remember that Best Buy is probably the BEST deal for the CE, since you also get a 500 Reward Zone points which = $10 reward value later.

So, tell me, if you also have a problem with Best Buy today, like me?

I filed a complainted via Best Buy corp about this, but they told me I am the only one who called about tihs. So, I am very curious and mad, where is my guaranted pre-order at? :bomb::roll:

Reviews are saying the games is great but bugged out(probably most common phrase on metacritics summaries so far), I think many will wait for better deals after patches come out.

As for a tip, make your deal post simple and to the point. Put all the narrative separate, at the bottom of the post....might go ahead and edit now to avoid any "messy posts" flames

I just emailed them complaining the same thing. My pre-order at bestbuy.com is backordered (not CE version). WTF? Can you say supply chain logistics fail?

Well, I have an issue with my pre-order at Best Buy which is also the BEST deal for the CE.... just saying.

It's a DEAL, but at the same time Best Buy is messing up with the stock on this, screwing the customers!

[quote name='starkillr']I just emailed them complaining the same thing. My pre-order at bestbuy.com is backordered (not CE version). WTF? Can you say supply chain logistics fail?[/QUOTE]

Well, the store has plenty of the non-CE version, but it's the CE I pre-ordered and didn't get! Plus their computer clearly says very small quanity for each store... WTH?

Same problem at Best Buy w/ my pre-order of Dead Rising 2 Collectors Edition, so I had to drive across town to another store to pick up their one in-stock.

Not really the place for this friend... you can't lay out your issue and then try to justify its spot in the deals thread because you made a quick mention of "oh and don't forget you get 500 rz points at best buy". The $70 price you mentioned is interesting, but if it's legit I would post about it without the lengthy deal discussion attached.

Sure you weren't looking at the PC version? I know its $70 but 360/PS3 is $80. The store I work at looked like we had a pretty good stock of CE for all platforms but won't know for sure until I go into work soon.

[quote name='musicjunkie']Sure you weren't looking at the PC version? I know its $70 but 360/PS3 is $80. The store I work at looked like we had a pretty good stock of CE for all platforms but won't know for sure until I go into work soon.[/QUOTE]

Probably the stupid clueless employees searched PC version? That's entirely possible... don't know... let me find the Sku for Xbox 360 CE and call back!

I pre-ordered The Collector's Edition of New Vegas from bestbuy.com in late July and my order is saying "backordered" as well. The only reason I pre-ordered from Best Buy was because I had gift cards. I won't make that mistake again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said, if you guys pre-ordered the 'Non-CE' Normal version, they ARE instock, plenty, no problem. Just the CE there are none and I POed it.

Edit: Oh ok,so you also have an issue with the CE edition, cool! :)

My reasoning for pre-ordering at Best Buy is because I hate Gamestop, plus $10 pre-order bonus points, but this awful experience at Best Buy is also not better than the GS experience :/

Going to disagree on BB being the best deal, Kmart's got them beat - especially if you picked up a coaster set or two.

Okay, just gotta say. I did not preorder the CE, but my local best buy had ONE PC version (after preorders) of the Collector's Edition, which I was able to pick up this morning.

Also, and completely unrelated, that Seinfeld video above posted by headphase was perfect (and hilarious) considering the very unfortunate mess everyone is encountering with the release of the CE version of the game. It would seem as if this "limited edition" is no Halo Legendary Edition of any kind, if you know what I mean. Just saying! ;)

[quote name='Izod517']Going to disagree on BB being the best deal, Kmart's got them beat - especially if you picked up a coaster set or two.[/QUOTE]

What's the deal at Kmart? Most importantly, They have CE?

Besides, the pre-order at BB also had coasters, 4!

Yeah, I think it's safe to say this CE is VERY limited, definitely won't be cheaper in the future!

Get it while you can (find one), if you want one! Unless, only Best Buy is having this issue, everyone else has tons of the CEs.

I got my collectors edition for the xbox 360 at my bestbuy and got them to price match the toys r us deal and got the free 10 dollar gift card, and the collectors edition guide free(ad says free guide then in parentheses it says up to a 35 dollar value), plus i got the reward zone 10 dollar gift card for pre-ordering

[quote name='zen15']I got my collectors edition for the xbox 360 at my bestbuy and got them to price match the toys r us deal and got the free 10 dollar gift card, and the collectors edition guide free(ad says free guide then in parentheses it says up to a 35 dollar value), plus i got the reward zone 10 dollar gift card for pre-ordering[/QUOTE]

WOW, I don't know if I can manage this, but :hot:

BTW, yours rang up at $79.99 or $69.99?

I know the $10 reward zone bonus is definitely considered a Deal, but still unsure whether it's $69.99 or $79.99 since someone mentioned the BB employee could stupidly looked up the PC version while I asked for the Xbox 360 version...

Mine rang up $79.99, but after tax and the five dollars off for the deposit when i pre-ordered it, it was like $80.10

Wow. A co-worker and I picked up 2 copies of the CE at a local Best Buy, funny thing is they were both preorders. The kicker is the fact that they were only holding one CE, my co-worker got lucky and found 1 other CE in the video game department. I still don't understand how that works, I was wondering if that HAD happened to anyone else. It's pretty ridiculous and absolutely ruins the whole point of preordering in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with employees buying the game as soon as it's available without checking stock. I guess I'll shoot Best Buy an email regardless. Sure we were lucky and got what we wanted, but I'd hate for stuff like this to continue happening to people that preordered.

Hell, I know I'd rage if I preordered and it wasn't instock.

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']What's the deal at Kmart? Most importantly, They have CE?
Besides, the pre-order at BB also had coasters, 4!
Yeah, I think it's safe to say this CE is VERY limited, definitely won't be cheaper in the future!
Get it while you can (find one), if you want one! Unless, only Best Buy is having this issue, everyone else has tons of the CEs.[/QUOTE]

Yes they had the CE in limited qty, $20 gaming coupon, you could have asked SHC-Stock Boy to send one to your store. Buy the coasters for $5 get a $15 gaming coupon usable on FNV. So you could have got FNV CE for 79.99+5-15=69.99 and got $20 off your next gaming purchase... There's a really big sticky thread at the top of your screen that has more activity than any other thread on the site. Check it out.

[quote name='Izod517']There's a really big sticky thread at the top of your screen that has more activity than any other thread on the site. Check it out.[/QUOTE]

i'd like to see the stats on that. We're not all K-Mart fanboys. Hell, there aren't even any K-Marts in Texas, the largest state in the nation..boooooo!

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']Silly. Just because the $10 reward zone bonus is for the future use, doesn't make it not a deal![/QUOTE]

I think you are missing the point here... we don't go by technicalities, you can't open a deal discussion (or any discussion for that matter) and think you're all set as long as you wedge a deal in there. You're asking a long question, and then briefly saying "oh hey the game's on sale in case you don't know", that doesn't quite cut it.

Also, I'm pretty sure this deal already has it's own thread, which would make it a repost.

[quote name='eastshore4']Also, I'm pretty sure this deal already has it's own thread, which would make it a repost.[/QUOTE]

Hey, if you can find it for me, I appreciate it and gladly accept the discussion been moved there , BUT otherwise I am not trying to cause trouble here, but... however you look at it. It IS a deal, only the deal has pretty huge problems (Stock) that needs to be discussion within, as well. Don't understand the opposition, at all. :(

[quote name='LoveDragonDon'] BUT otherwise I am not trying to cause trouble here, but... however you look at it. It IS a deal, only the deal has pretty huge problems (Stock) that needs to be discussed within, as well. Don't understand the opposition, at all. :([/QUOTE]

No worries amigo. The thing is, we have a deal discussion thread, and as you indicate in the quote above, it's exactly what you're looking for. I don't have a problem with you mentioning the RZ points or anything, it just shouldn't be crammed in with your discussion topic.

BTW, you guys know if getting the 500 Bonus points is for Pre-ordering the game AND buy the game, or just buy the game without need to pre-order? I already pre-ordered, but just wondered about this... seems you get 500 regardless pre-order or not?

[quote name='token2k6']i'd like to see the stats on that. We're not all K-Mart fanboys. Hell, there aren't even any K-Marts in Texas, the largest state in the nation..boooooo![/QUOTE]

Sure, Cheapy had to shut down the original thread because it was too large for the site:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7670074&postcount=2

OLD THREAD:

4gJTeSjhDse3LopzsSVQ5gOEcY76esuJ_o.png

CURRENT THREAD:

239,631 views 4,865 replies

~15,000 replies and ~900,000 views. Beating out the Amazon credit thread by close to 10,000 replies and 350,000 views.

Regardless I was making the point that he was wrong about BB having the best deal as well as no one talking about FNV.

K-mart is a dying company ... of course they have the best deals ... Circuit City had the best deals right before they went extinct too.

But I digress ... anyway ... yeah, really pissed at Amazon for the same supply issues with this CE that seem to be plaguing Best Buy. I've been a very ardent Amazon.com supporter but depending on how they handle this current situation, my holiday shopping habits may revert to brick and mortar stores this holiday season if they can't get their supply chain right for a somewhat minor CE release prior to the holiday rush.

Did you pre-order at Amazon the CE, but they told you it's OOS?

Re: Kmart I might give it a try, since my BB screwed me over, but I don't know they carry the CE or not. Not even gonna call. Just gonna drive there to look myself!

God, I really wish I get the CE !!!

Yeah, apparently anyone who ordered the CE at Amazon after October 8th (the day I ordered) is being told that their order is shipping shortly (mind you, this is for all the people who had release day shipping). But from what I understand, Amazon doesn't have enough stock to fulfill all pre-orders, so they're waiting for more stock from the manufacturer. Of course, with this being a CE ... who can say with 100% certainty that more stock exists ...

So yeah, great job Amazon ...

close this damn thread already. it's first and sole purpose was to complain that not enough stock was in and then it went to talk about the game's sales/promotions, etc. DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. ONLY POST SPECIFIC DEALS. I guess people can't read and comprehend. There is a k-mart thread and other threads that have current & upcoming sales, stop being lazy and browse it's on the main page of this website.

[quote name='etcrane']Yeah, apparently anyone who ordered the CE at Amazon after October 8th (the day I ordered) is being told that their order is shipping shortly (mind you, this is for all the people who had release day shipping). But from what I understand, Amazon doesn't have enough stock to fulfill all pre-orders, so they're waiting for more stock from the manufacturer. Of course, with this being a CE ... who can say with 100% certainty that more stock exists ...

So yeah, great job Amazon ...[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine back in June with Release Day Shipping, but it's not looking like I'm getting it today. It started in Kentucky, went to Tennessee, and this morning it was shipped to North Carolina. I'm in Nevada...I'm not quite sure what the issue is, or if they even sent it in the first place, but it said it should have been at my house 6 minutes ago lol

Once again, the stupidity of employees never ceases to amaze... they must looked up PC version while I specially asked for the 360 version!

[quote name='kiun']Don't worry. There will be plenty of CE around, just not on launch day.[/QUOTE]

I hope you know some inside info.

[quote name='token2k6']i'd like to see the stats on that. We're not all K-Mart fanboys. Hell, there aren't even any K-Marts in Texas, the largest state in the nation..boooooo![/QUOTE]

You could cut Alaska in half and each half would still be bigger than Texas.

Just sayin'.

amazon hasn't had any collector editions available in any format for at least a few days before launch, so it might be more general supply issue vs. Best Buy dropping the ball.

[quote name='Izod517']Yes they had the CE in limited qty, $20 gaming coupon, you could have asked SHC-Stock Boy to send one to your store. Buy the coasters for $5 get a $15 gaming coupon usable on FNV. So you could have got FNV CE for 79.99+5-15=69.99 and got $20 off your next gaming purchase... There's a really big sticky thread at the top of your screen that has more activity than any other thread on the site. Check it out.[/QUOTE]
I had to special order it from Stock Boy ?

SHC said they'd be getting PS3 Collector Editions in store. That's when I went out and bought the $15 pre-order/coaster set. Guess what- my city's K-Mart is not getting ANY PS3 CEs and now I am stuck with their coupon. Lesson learned: avoid K-Mart.

Of course I am also pissed at Best Buy where they told me yesterday "we have several PS3 CE in the storeroom, just buy one tomorrow morning". I was the first guy through their doors this morning when they revise their statement to "3 or 4 CEs and they are all pre-orders. bye!"

Could somebody post the dimensions of the Collectors Edition box? Just curious on the exact size of the box and novel.

I have one coming from Amazon but it won't be delivered until Thursday.

This map begs to differ with your assumption that there's no Kmart stores in all of TX.:razz:;)

found a 360 and a ps3 ce at Kmart earlier. Printed two $20 off coupons for next purchase 10/24 or after. Sold the 360 ce for $170 on amazon. Wound up with a free PS3 ce. Thanks Cheapassgamer

[quote name='drunkirish']You could cut Alaska in half and each half would still be bigger than Texas.

Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

But, but, but when I look at a map, Alaska's a tiny state stuck in a box and Texas is TEXAS!;)

[quote name='no_exit']Could somebody post the dimensions of the Collectors Edition box? Just curious on the exact size of the box and novel.

I have one coming from Amazon but it won't be delivered until Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Bought it this morning from Kmart, just don't have it with me right now. I think it was about 11x7x2, give or take an inch. Very different in size from the FO3 lunchbox.

:bomb: GOD I hate people buying CEs just to make money off it! :|

Probably someone like that caused me to not get my pre-order, maybe the employees at Best Buy got it themselves to sell them.

:bomb:

If a company makes TOO many, it might become a 75% off item down the line, making the customers buying it early wished to get it a few months later. And companies would lose that money. Of course, someone who isn't a CE nut would also get a lucky bargain later on.

And, if they don't, s**t like this happens!!! The companies make greedy people richer instead. And, customers that really WANT it, get screwed. Those that didn't really want the CE but are greedy enough to buy it anyways to sell it at 200-300% markup getting lucky.

Either way, in today's society it seems companies would always get the short end of the stick no matter what, that's why they LOVE the hell out of Digital Distribution (ONLY they would get that money)! And the greedy people that doesn't care about the product itself, just want to gain $$$ out of it are the luckiest!

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone's still looking for a CE GameStop.com has some back in stock, make sure you grab one of the 10% off codes from the GameStop.com Promo Codes thread.

Hey CAGamer's! This may count as a side note, but has anybody noticed that you won't qualify for the bonus 500 points if you use your Reward Certificates or BB Gift Cards towards your purchase? I am hugely becoming a non-BB customer more and more.

[quote name='minos1067']Hey CAGamer's! This may count as a side note, but has anybody noticed that you won't qualify for the bonus 500 points if you use your Reward Certificates or BB Gift Cards towards your purchase? I am hugely becoming a non-BB customer more and more.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for bringing that up. I was tempted to use up a gift card if I was going to get another $10 credit, but looks like that's not an option.

bread's done
Back