Free 1 year Motor Trend subscription

[quote name='FFX2']SCAM? I suggest you people read this as it could really annoy you to no end 0.0

Link - http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=131510673532774&topic=107[/QUOTE]

I've been getting free Maxim (Which my subscription goes up til 2015, all from mercury magazine) and a few other magazines from them for free for the past year without any harass call about any type of payment. May be someone was using mercury mag as a mask to do their scam. Many people from this forum also got their magazines from them for free without the "payment" call. You never give them any credit card or payment info anyway so nothing to worry about.

I got a free year of Maxim from them, which came bundled with 6 months of harassing calls. Never gave my home phone number, but I guess since it's not a private number they got it pretty quick. Had to tell them "wrong number" and hang up for months before they finally stopped....I hope.

I used to get calls from people talking about payment and I just fucked with them until they stopped calling.

[quote name='spedmunki']Also, it says it's out of stock. It's just offering me shitty trade magazines[/QUOTE]

These popular magazines go out of stock quick. Gratz to people that got it. And I don't know why you guys are getting these calls. Perhaps it could be something you checked during the check out process. I have not received one single call about payment for Mercury Magazine and I use my real phone number and information except for my job title.

I've gotten a variety of different calls. I used to get ones where they would call and ask for the manager of the fake company I made up (me), and then they would ask me how I liked my subscription and try to get me to buy more magazines. They would only say that they were "your magazine's publisher", and would not give me a real company name. I'm sure Mercury just sells the info to a 3rd party marketing company.

The other calls I got were ambiguous voice mails about my "outstanding debt", although I have never once given out any sort of credit card or financial info which could be used to accrue debt. I remember my mom freaking out about the messages, but she's one of those rubes that falls for that crap.

Just ignore the calls. Signing up for these mags in no ways legally binds you to give them any sort of payment. They just sell your info to sales companies who try to scare you into giving them money. If you ignore them long enough they go away.

bread's done
Back