Best Place to Import Prince of Persia HD Trilogy for PS3?

41down

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
so yeah, this is releasing in november but sadly its a european exclusive. ive never imported anything so im not really sure where to look and i want this badly. i tried amazon.co.uk and they would not ship it to my US address. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crzyboy88']Amazon.co.uk does ship to the US.[/QUOTE]

Not with all video games though. I tried to get the UK Demons Souls deluxe but no go from Amazon UK.

[quote name='41down']yeah i tried. wouldnt work...[/QUOTE]
I was thinking of ordering from amazon.uk. So you're saying we can't with this game or were you talking about Demon's Souls?

I've never ordered from the UK either.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I was thinking of ordering from amazon.uk. So you're saying we can't with this game or were you talking about Demon's Souls?

I've never ordered from the UK either.[/QUOTE]You can't with this game. Amazon.co.uk won't let you finish the checkout process when you have this in your cart.

[quote name='shrike4242']You can't with this game. Amazon.co.uk won't let you finish the checkout process when you have this in your cart.[/QUOTE]
Dang, that sucks.

[quote name='flybrione']I have a preorder in with HMV.com[/QUOTE]
Checking that out now. So, can someone clarify? Are ALL PS3 game region free? Or is it ALL blurays in general too?

What are their shipping costs to the U.S.? I see with the conversion it comes out to around $38 before shipping.

with the basic shipping, it came to about $55...still on the fence, i may just order from play-asia, but they say it wont come in stock until December

PS3 games are region free. Now, are the trophies compatible between regions though? Will you earn trophies on a US account with a game disc from UK?

Yeah, I sadly found out that 'video games' are on the restricted list of items that Amazon.co.uk will not ship to the US.

Then again, if it comes out to $45+, might as well buy the first game from PSN. I still prefer a physical disc, though.

[quote name='z3razerviper']I had decent luck with http://www.dvd.co.uk[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion! Ordered one for around $36. Game releases today in the UK, so hopefully it ships soon!

GBP 21.27 for the game, GBP 1.29 for shipping to OH (no VAT)

I'll probably go with HMV or dvd.co.uk, though I want to see a review first before dropping money on something I can't easily return if I buy it and keep it sealed initially.

[quote name='Aliens']Thanks for the suggestion! Ordered one for around $36. Game releases today in the UK, so hopefully it ships soon!

GBP 21.27 for the game, GBP 1.29 for shipping to OH (no VAT)[/QUOTE]

I'm showing it listed as £24.99?

[quote name='madbst']It's cheaper to just get them off of PSN. Unless you don't want to wait for the other two...[/QUOTE]

Actually its not, they are what, $15 each on PSN plus tax? That is around $50 for all three. I just ordered from dvd.co.uk and total cost was a little over $36.

Order Details:
Prince of Persia: Trilogy in HD (PS3) (x1) , £21.27 + £1.29 shipping

Your total bill is £22.56

[quote name='Dranakin']I'm showing it listed as £24.99?[/QUOTE]

Its actually 21.27, its listed as 24.99 but I think since we dont have to pay VAT? thats why its lower once you checkout, my total was 22.56(pounds) after shipping costs which comes out to about $36.

[quote name='Fors78']Its actually 21.27, its listed as 24.99 but I think since we dont have to pay VAT? thats why its lower once you checkout, my total was 22.56(pounds) after shipping costs which comes out to about $36.[/QUOTE]

Oh, thanks. I ordered. I hope I get a tracking number; it's hard to get packages at my residence so I have no idea when to expect this (especially when they're awaiting stock too).

[quote name='madbst']It's cheaper to just get them off of PSN. Unless you don't want to wait for the other two...[/QUOTE]
Actually it's not. Unless they release a bundle on PSN. As it stands now they are $15 each.

If you order form HMV it comes out to about the same price after shipping. The other site seems to be a few dollars cheaper. Wither way, like someone else said, I'd rather pay the same price and have a physical copy of the game any day.

[quote name='41down']i ended up getting it from game. i got my copy today.[/QUOTE]
Do you get trophies on your US account with a UK disc?

[quote name='eau']Do you get trophies on your US account with a UK disc?[/QUOTE]
I'm wondering the same thing.

Someone answer! Us trophy/achievement whores need to know! Ha.

yep you get trophies. one thing i didnt like though is once you start the collection disc up it adds ALL 3 games into your trophy history right off the bat at 0% each. its not like god of war collection where they just show on your list as you play each game. no biggy for most but im kinda ocd about that kinda stuff.

Just ordered it fromthe dvd.co.uk for the £22.56. Not bad only about $35 or so US, so $10 savings over the $15 each price for download.

Anyone know roughly what shipping time is?

[quote name='41down']yep you get trophies. one thing i didnt like though is once you start the collection disc up it adds ALL 3 games into your trophy history right off the bat at 0% each. its not like god of war collection where they just show on your list as you play each game. no biggy for most but im kinda ocd about that kinda stuff.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info.
[quote name='Hell Monkey']Just ordered it fromthe dvd.co.uk for the £22.56. Not bad only about $35 or so US, so $10 savings over the $15 each price for download.

Anyone know roughly what shipping time is?[/QUOTE]
Was that $35 including shipping? I really don't care how long it takes because I'm in no hurry.

I was meaning to ask, I have a US NTSC PS3 Slim (I think the first one that came out back in August or September 2009). Will this Prince of Persia Trilogy Disc play in my PS3??

ALSO how is the graphic quality. I already accidentally downloaded Sands of Time on PS3 and it looks amazing (anyway I could get a refund?? Lmao) and then heard about this Disc like 2 days later =[ lol I prefer discs so much more than downloads, so will this disc play in my PS3 System???

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Just ordered it fromthe dvd.co.uk for the £22.56. Not bad only about $35 or so US, so $10 savings over the $15 each price for download.

Anyone know roughly what shipping time is?[/QUOTE]

Ordered from them on the 19th and recieved it today, so 10 days not too bad.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Thanks for the info.

Was that $35 including shipping? I really don't care how long it takes because I'm in no hurry.[/QUOTE]

Yes it was. That includes everything.

I got shipping notice for it yesterday.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Yes it was. That includes everything.

I got shipping notice for it yesterday.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. Thanks for the info.

I was going to order it the other day but they were out-of-stock. Probably a lot of us foreigners importing it. Ha!

just ordered from dvd.co.uk for $35...says will ship in 3-5 days due to backorder, oh well...still completely worth it over downloading the 3 games and spending $45

[quote name='breakingcustoms']english[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Just used to ordering form play asia where it states what languages are available. dvd.co.uk however didnt. So I wasnt sure.

Very tempting to order. Not a fan of the Digital versions when its available on disc. I hope Beyond good and evil is on disc in europe since it also a PSN HD Remake.

I love these old games redone in HD. I will get each one of them in hopes other companies see the sales and we get MGS in HD and GTA series.

[quote name='KSSR1992']I was meaning to ask, I have a US NTSC PS3 Slim (I think the first one that came out back in August or September 2009). Will this Prince of Persia Trilogy Disc play in my PS3??

ALSO how is the graphic quality. I already accidentally downloaded Sands of Time on PS3 and it looks amazing (anyway I could get a refund?? Lmao) and then heard about this Disc like 2 days later =[ lol I prefer discs so much more than downloads, so will this disc play in my PS3 System???[/QUOTE]

I got mine last week plays perfectly.

Wish we could get a tracking on it though I understand why not. Still waiting for my copy. HOping it shows up next week for my vacation.

did anyone else have this problem from dvd.co.uk?

I ordered two copies of the game on the 3rd. For some reason, it refused payment from my Clout Visa, so I had to switch to my mastercard. Two days later, it still says PENDING on the order. I emailed them and got this:

"Hi

I'm very sorry, but I'm afraid we have not been able to dispatch this item to
you yet.

We have not been able to dispatch our stock item and have had to order more
stock from our suppliers to cover orders for this item. We are waiting for this
stock to arrive and will dispatch these orders as a priority when it does
arrive.

If, in the meantime, you are able to get the item elsewhere you can cancel your
order with us at any time by replying to this email.

I do apologise for the delay in getting this item to you, but I can assure you
that we are actively trying to get it you as soon as we can.

Kind regards,
Vicky
Customer Services Team"

Has this happened to anyone else? How long was turnaround for your USA orders? Am I screwed for Christmas? Thanks

[quote name='ddp72984']did anyone else have this problem from dvd.co.uk?

I ordered two copies of the game on the 3rd. For some reason, it refused payment from my Clout Visa, so I had to switch to my mastercard. Two days later, it still says PENDING on the order. I emailed them and got this:

"Hi

I'm very sorry, but I'm afraid we have not been able to dispatch this item to
you yet.

We have not been able to dispatch our stock item and have had to order more
stock from our suppliers to cover orders for this item. We are waiting for this
stock to arrive and will dispatch these orders as a priority when it does
arrive.

If, in the meantime, you are able to get the item elsewhere you can cancel your
order with us at any time by replying to this email.

I do apologise for the delay in getting this item to you, but I can assure you
that we are actively trying to get it you as soon as we can.

Kind regards,
Vicky
Customer Services Team"

Has this happened to anyone else? How long was turnaround for your USA orders? Am I screwed for Christmas? Thanks[/QUOTE]

i ordered mine while it was listed as backordered on 12/1, and it shipped on 12/3

bread's done
Back