Just got Alan Wake (xbox360) from BestBuy for $19.99

GGXT

CAG Veteran
there were 2 price tags in my local BestBuy (Denton, TX), 1 was $39.99 and the other 1 was $19.99 so i showed them the game and the $19.99 price tag and they gave it to me for $19.99 even tho it scanned out to be $39.99

can anyone confirm this?

well i wasn't sure if it was just a mistake that they made or if it's actually legit deal because it took them a while to talk it out to gave me the game for that price and there's no indication of this deal on any ads so idk if it was my luck or it's actually legit price

[quote name='GGXT']well i wasn't sure if it was just a mistake

it took them a while to talk it out to gave me the game for that price

there's no indication of this deal on any ads[/QUOTE]

So why exactly weren't you sure again?

if it is indeed 39.99, then why did they make a 19.99 price tag for it?

sounds pretty silly to me haha

[quote name='GGXT']if it is indeed 39.99, then why did they make a 19.99 price tag for it?

sounds pretty silly to me haha[/QUOTE]

Apparently to make you look stupid.

[quote name='tkim83']CAG people are so sarcastic/mean/blunt :x

Give the guy a break lol[/QUOTE]

This kinda shit should be posted in the deal bragging section not the video game deals.

[quote name='Frogurt.man']This kinda shit should be posted in the deal bragging section not the video game deals.[/QUOTE]

True. It's obviously just a pricing error or (less likely) a random sticker swap.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Apparently to make you look stupid.[/QUOTE]
yes, by making a 40 dollar game into a 20 dollar game would definitey make any buyer look retarded

good point there buddy :booty:[/sarcasm]

and since i did get such a good deal from the register, i thought i'd share with some sincere buyers here and if the price was dropped on purpose then there's nothing wrong with posting here

[quote name='GGXT']yes, by making a 40 dollar game into a 20 dollar game would definitey make any buyer look retarded

and since i did get such a good deal from the register, i thought i'd share with some sincere buyers here and if the price was dropped on purpose then there's nothing wrong with posting here[/QUOTE]
Thats where you are wrong lol

[quote name='GGXT']yes, by making a 40 dollar game into a 20 dollar game would definitey make any buyer look retarded

and since i did get such a good deal from the register, i thought i'd share with some sincere buyers here and if the price was dropped on purpose then there's nothing wrong with posting here[/QUOTE]

But if it was a price drop, it would have rung up in the system as $19.99, but you said that it rang up as $39.99, which just means the game was marked incorrectly. You are just another person who wants to post a deal on this forum and make himself the messiah of game deals, when in reality you just got lucky like most of us around here do every once in a while.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']True. It's obviously just a pricing error or (less likely) a random sticker swap.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, this should go on the "Bragging Rights".

I did the same thing for Prince of Persia wrang up as $19.99 but incorrectly had a $10.99 tag and got it for the cheaper price.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']But if it was a price drop, it would have rung up in the system as $19.99, but you said that it rang up as $39.99, which just means the game was marked incorrectly. [/QUOTE]
+1 It was an obvious pricing error, not a deal for anyone but you. This thread should be in the bragging rights forum.

The $19.99 price tag was for the strategy guide, and some employee must have put it out for the game accidently. When I was putting tags out Sunday morning, I noticed the tag too, and knew for sure there couldn't have been another drop so soon (especially to $19.99), but double checked anyways and the guide popped up.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']But if it was a price drop, it would have rung up in the system as $19.99, but you said that it rang up as $39.99, which just means the game was marked incorrectly. You are just another person who wants to post a deal on this forum and make himself the messiah of game deals, when in reality you just got lucky like most of us around here do every once in a while.[/QUOTE]

That seems like reading quite a bit into the situation...

IRqKU.jpg

:applause:

I love the deals on CAG and everything, but I love it more when people post threads that get everyone fired up. Sometimes I click on threads I know will be bad just to read all the responses.

[quote name='GGXT']if it is indeed 39.99, then why did they make a 19.99 price tag for it?

sounds pretty silly to me haha[/QUOTE]
An Employee Messed Up, and you came out on top :D

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Someone at my local Toys R Us bought a PS3 and put it in the back of his truck. It fell out as he was leaving, so I got it for free!!! YMMV. :)[/QUOTE]

can anybody please confirm this?? Do all trucks outside TRU have PS3s in the back? Does somebody have a coupon or ad for this? I am going to scout my TRU parking lot tomorrow, will confirm later!

[quote name='machtdh']can anybody please confirm this?? Do all trucks outside TRU have PS3s in the back? Does somebody have a coupon or ad for this? I am going to scout my TRU parking lot tomorrow, will confirm later![/QUOTE]

I'd try calling them first.

[quote name='ineedanadult']I'd try calling them first.[/QUOTE]

NEVER CALL!!!! You'll just alert more people to stuff falling off of trucks.

Rookie.

Did all copies have the $19.99 price tag or just the one you bought? If all copies were tagged at that price you probably should have stated that from the beginning, if not, and you got the only one, then this is the wrong place to post a thread. Just a FYI so you dont get flamed next time. Good find BTW!

If you're ever curious about a pricetag at Best Buy, just look closely and it will have the date it was printed on (as long as it's a shelf tag) in fine print along with the SKU.

bread's done
Back