Inception (FYE, USA & Future Shop, Canada) Blu-ray SteelBook - 12/7/10

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
United States

:br: Inception (Best Buy Exclusive) (Scrolling Script) (2010) (Blu-ray Disc)

1570331.jpg

Price: $34.99
Sale Price: $29.99
Available for Store Pickup & Free Ground Shipping (USPS Media Mail)
BestBuy.com

:br: Inception (FYE Exclusive SteelBook) (2010) (Blu-ray)

Price: $39.99
Sale Price: $32.99
Member Price: $29.69
Free Budget Shipping (USPS Media Mail)
Mail-in Rebate: $7.00
SKU # 400302767869
FYE.com

2010-10-25171240.jpg

Credit to RyRyMcNizzy13 (Blu-ray.com Forum)

:br: Inception (Warner Bros. Exclusive) (BD/DVD Briefcase Gift Set) (2010) (Blu-ray)

Price: $499.95
Sale Price: $49.95
Free Ground Shipping (UPS Super Saver Shipping)
WBShop.com

inwbdvdbdbc_l.jpg

Canada

:br: Inception (Future Shop Exclusive SteelBook) (2010) (Blu-ray)

Price: $34.99 CAD
Sale Price: $29.99 CAD
Available for Store Pickup & Free Ground Shipping (CanadaPost Ground Shipping)
SKU #: m2185423
FutureShop.ca

large

[quote name='Brana'][FONT=Verdana, Arial]This one is confirmed and we have a graphic to share as well. Preorder should be going up fairly shortly as we just got the go-ahead to post this up. This will be a combo disc Bluray release. Thanks[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh. FYE is closed where I live too. I don't even have a target within 90 miles :/ I've missed out on some good steelbooks, lol.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Superb movie but damn that cover is ugly. I'll just stick with the standard version.

Glad to see a release date, thanks OP.[/QUOTE]The stickied BluRay discussion thread had a note about the release date being set about a week ago, BTW.

I agree that the cover's not worth it, as it's pretty ugly.

still waiting to hear if Target/Best Buy are going to be offering exclusive versions before I pre-order one of these.

Is the FYE Steelbook going to be the same as the Futureshop one? Either way, I know where I'm getting Inception! Thanks OP!

[quote name='gravel']Is the FYE Steelbook going to be the same as the Futureshop one? Either way, I know where I'm getting Inception! Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

I think it's the same art but I believe all other Steelbook from FYE have been DVD sized. I personllay think this artwork is awful, that's why I am getting the German version.

Edit: Someone in another forum confirmed BD Size.

I wonder how much the steelbook will cost at FYE. Anyone know FYE's price history with steelbooks? Isn't it usually something crazy like $35 or am I just thinking of the Target Iron Man 2 tin case.

I'm gonna call FYE and possibly SecondSpin to see if they're taking pre-order right now. The price is $5 deposit. I'll let you know how much the price be.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I wonder how much the steelbook will cost at FYE. Anyone know FYE's price history with steelbooks? Isn't it usually something crazy like $35 or am I just thinking of the Target Iron Man 2 tin case.[/QUOTE]

It'll probably be 39-45 dollars unless it's on sale, I'd say 30 for the first week.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']What was the price?[/QUOTE]

They don't have an official sale price yet, that information usually comes the Friday before the item releases. In the past, the steelbook exclusives they have had for DVDs have been the same price as the 2-disc edition of the DVD, so it probably won't cost more for the steelbook than it would for the regular blu.

Some FYE stores also give you a $2 coupon if you pre-order, and let you use it on the item you pre-ordered when you pick it up, but YMMV on that. I also have a Backstage Pass for FYE, which gives me an extra 10% off, so after all that, it should be as cheap if not cheaper than other stores.

Where does it say that the Best Buy one is a steelbook?

[quote name='shrike4242']$34.99 for the steelbook vs $25.99 for the regular version? Ouch.[/QUOTE]
You know we'll find a way to make it cheap. ;)

[quote name='IanKazimer']Man, that UK version is seeeexy. Might have to buckle down and pick that one up.[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree. On my Christmas list. :)

[quote name='duckydan']The german release is using the IMAX poster... all other releases are the word Inception as far as I can tell.

51LAn0Ox4SL._AA300_.jpg
[/QUOTE]

a bit of an awkward choice, but that was the only one with cobb facing towards the viewer - still better than the other steelbooks

thanks for pointing it out. right now, i'm just gonna get the normal release, but i'm still pulling for a working PASIV - in my dreams

because the movie is about dreams

I had to pull the trigger on this one from the UK.
232323232%7Ffp63256%3Enu%3D42%3B%3A%3E26%3B%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D33379%3A3877349nu0mrj

Love how Best Buy does not show what their exclusive is. :roll:

[quote name='merkman']Have had the UK one pre-ordered for weeks. Can't wait... SUCH a great film!!! :)[/QUOTE]

i preordered the UK briefcase version, but i believe there are some concerns that the dvd and digital copy will not work in the US

Best Buy Exclusive has a different cover art running. Also, I heard that these will not be a steelbook but a Scroll Script, but I don't know what that is?

1570331.jpg

You guys need to be wary on international ordering until it's confirmed that the blu's are indeed region free. I want the briefcase edition but I won't be placing an order until it's confirmed that it's region free.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Best Buy Exclusive has a different cover art running. Also, I heard that these will not be a steelbook but a Scroll Script, but I don't know what that is?

1570331.jpg
[/QUOTE]

odd choice since it's far from arthur's story but that's just nerd nitpicking - i might bite on this if a 'scroll script' turns out to be something i want

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']^ Mine! Are there any discount to make it sweeter?[/QUOTE]

So far, I haven't noticed anything :(. You can, however, add more things to your order and make the subtotal above $60 to get free shipping.

Also, here is a picture of the pack:

inwbdvdbdbc_l.jpg

As you can see, this one comes with a full colour comic, which the UK one does not have, if I recall correctly.

Well, you can get the 25% member discount from wbshop for the BR/DVD combo, but not the big set. It says only 2000 will be available in the US...seems like a small number no?

Also, how come that pictures shows 2 BR discs (one labeled Special Features), but the listings everywhere only have a single BR disc? Is that exclusive?

Sweeeeeeeeeet! After I saw this I went into my e-mail and the offer was there. I just ordered it with an older movie for the Mrs. so I got the free shipping.

I was just coming to post this, I ordered it with Batman and Batman Returns Blu-Rays to get free shipping, came to $61.89 total. I think I might have to keep my Steelbook pre-order, and give the Blu/DVD from here to my brother, unless this has something extra within the BR case.

Whoa, I had a coupon in my cart that's supposed to take $5 off WB archive dvd's and it's working on this set! I also have free shipping without adding anything else. my total with tax is $49.39

Try these codes and see if they work for you:

SMODCAST
FREESHIP

ORDER SUMMARY
Merchandise Total
$49.95
$5 Off Warner Archive!
-$5.00
Subtotal:
$44.95

[quote name='ssjmichael']Whoa, I had a coupon in my cart that's supposed to take $5 off WB archive dvd's and it's working on this set! I also have free shipping without adding anything else. my total with tax is $49.39

SMODCAST
FREESHIP[/QUOTE]

you're a hero.

total came out to $44.95 shipped. no tax in nj apparently?

EDIT:

Merchandise Total: $49.95
Promotions: –$5.00
Shipping:FREE
Sales Tax:$0.00
Total: $44.95

[quote name='ssjmichael']Whoa, I had a coupon in my cart that's supposed to take $5 off WB archive dvd's and it's working on this set! I also have free shipping without adding anything else. my total with tax is $49.39

SMODCAST
FREESHIP[/QUOTE]

Nice one!

stupid question time... for those of you that ordered, is it showing in your order history?

I ordered it and got the order confirmation email, but its not showing in my order history..

bread's done
Back