- - - - -

Do any CAGs wear sun glasses? Do people talk a bunch of $#!+ to you about it?

#1 Segasonic01   Sonic Collector CAGiversary!   1946 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Segasonic01

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:04 AM

So I wear shades a lot. Oakleys to be excact. Most of the time when I'm out, I have them on, and if I go in a store for less than 5 minutes I leave them on. However, a lot of people (strangers, co-workers, etc) seem to want to make comments like "hey, look at mr. cool shades here" or are you trying to look like the Blues Brothers?". Is it really so hard for people to think that I wear shades to block the sun from my eyes? I find it annoying as hell, but i've never heard anyone else complain about this. Am I the only one, or does this happen to everyone who wears shades?

#2 JetTone   Life CAGiversary!   2759 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:06 AM

Nobody ever has said anything like that to me. I also have Oakleys. Is it all the time or just when you wear them into the store during those five minutes?

#3 Segasonic01   Sonic Collector CAGiversary!   1946 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Segasonic01

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:11 AM

Mostly those 5 minutes but when im outside & with people i know or in groups i get a lot of terminator comments or shit like that.

A lot of people ask if I have a black eye to. That's when i'm both inside & outside

#4 SpazX   13 Billion Years in the Making CAGiversary!   8346 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:19 AM

I usually take off my sunglasses when I enter a building.

#5 Segasonic01   Sonic Collector CAGiversary!   1946 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Segasonic01

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:25 AM

I usually do to unless im just running in to grab a drink, get my check, or something else quick

#6 SpazX   13 Billion Years in the Making CAGiversary!   8346 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:30 AM

Random people don't generally say anything to me for any reason. Perhaps you're too approachable. Try looking more disheveled.

#7 Majin Stan   You have a little CAG left on your face CAGiversary!   373 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Majin Stan

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:14 AM

screw those pricks! if ur like me, ur more comfortable just keeping them on when ur paying for gas or in the store for whatever. just do what ur most comfortable doing!!

#8 gregthomas77   Custom User Title CAGiversary!   1984 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

gregthomas77

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:24 AM

I usually take off my sunglasses when I enter a building.

this.

Random people don't generally say anything to me for any reason. Perhaps you're too approachable. Try looking more disheveled.

and this.

#9 Ki77a KiD TRe   Crazy Ass Guero CAGiversary!   402 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Ki77a KiD TRe

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:26 AM

Wow... you get a hard time for wearing sunglasses, in Florida?! Let those retards go blind. If you lived in Alaska I could see them having a point, unless it was Summer.

I used to walk around in all kinds of buildings with my shades on, but that was when I was still a FedEx driver. It's a little hard to carry a ton of boxes in your arms and not crush your glasses if they're hanging from your collar or in a chest pocket. I'll sometimes wear my sunglasses at night, just so I remember not to leave them wherever I'm at, but that's only walking back to the car, etc.

#10 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3160 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:29 AM

nope.. do you look like a douche?

#11 Jess Stryker   Mama Said To Knock You Out CAGiversary!   4441 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Jess Stryker

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:32 AM

I've never gotten flak for my sunglasses other than from my sister who says they look like goggles. I wear eyeglasses, so my only choices (other than prescription sunglasses) are those clip-ons which I thought look retarded or the sunglasses which cover my regular glasses completely.

I'll even wear them inside occasionally or when it's dark (usually only if I'm driving). If I guessed it's either just you or the area you live in is weird.

Edit: Seeing how you're from Tampa (supposedly), I'd say it's because your area's weird. Went there once when I was down near Cocoa Beach to see the Rays play. Ghetto stadium parking and the baseball stadium looks like a fucking basketball arena (and inside the stadium just below the upper deck looks like a hotel).

#12 anarch   And all that could have been... CAGiversary!   2077 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:03 AM

When I'm outside I wear a pair of prescription sunglasses that look like they're from the Matrix. Most people do not comment on them, probably because I naturally look somewhat mean. The few comments I do get are along the lines of "Hey man... you blitzed?" but they're quickly disappointed to find I'm quite sober.

#13 Admiral Ackbar   It's a trap! CAGiversary!   15849 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Admiral Ackbar

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:08 AM

#14 camoor   Jams on foot fires CAGiversary!   15256 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:09 AM

"hey, look at mr. cool shades here"

The only excuse for saying that would be if you had "Mr Cool Shades" tattooed on your arm.

OP, do you look like this:
Posted Image

#15 Nathan_Sama   I'm backwards compatable. CAGiversary!   1721 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Nathan_Sama

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:18 AM

Wow... you get a hard time for wearing sunglasses, in Florida?! Let those retards go blind. If you lived in Alaska I could see them having a point, unless it was Summer.

I used to walk around in all kinds of buildings with my shades on, but that was when I was still a FedEx driver. It's a little hard to carry a ton of boxes in your arms and not crush your glasses if they're hanging from your collar or in a chest pocket. I'll sometimes wear my sunglasses at night, just so I remember not to leave them wherever I'm at, but that's only walking back to the car, etc.

People in Alaska have more reason to wear sunglasses. That snow is blinding...

#16 olde_english   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

olde_english

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:48 AM

I'm Microsoft Games Studio's Kudo Tsunoda and, despite ruining Def Jam and Fight Night for gamers everywhere and compelling EA to shut down their Chicago studio, I managed to land a plum gig making the Eyetoy for the 360. Why? Because I wear my shades inside, all the goddamn time. Maybe because I wash my hair in a deep fryer too. Edgy!

#17 lokizz   Go $$$$ Yourself CAGiversary!   10104 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:51 AM

lmao first thing i thought of when i saw this post .

#18 iKilledChewbacca   Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade! Trading Timeout - Under Review   3946 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

iKilledChewbacca

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:54 AM

get ugly glasses then people wont think your trying to be cool.

#19 Thekrakrabbit   Is Making A Comeback! CAGiversary!   4833 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Thekrakrabbit

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:17 AM

If you don't wear them around at night then there's no reason why you should be getting assaulted for wearing shades. Wow, you don't want to be blinded by the sunlight, how awesome you must think you are to avoid that.

#20 JJSP   Not Broke, Just Bent CAGiversary!   10135 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:17 AM

It's because you look like a douche.

#21 kodave   Huh. CAGiversary!   4390 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:31 AM

People who wear shades indoors/at night/in cloudy weather get weird looks from me - but I'd never say anything to them face to face unless they were a friend I was giving shit to. I think that indoors (95% of the time) and at night there is really no excuse for keeping them on. In cloudy weather the UV rays are still there, but Jesus Christ the UV rays aren't going to make you go blind just walking down the street for a cup of coffee. I find that the people I personally know who do the sunglasses overkill are doing some combination of trying to be unapproachable / trying to be "cool" - like the poster above said, it looks douchey. And strangely enough its girls who mostly do this I've found, and yes they look like douches or the female equivalent of a douche if you think being a douche is a masculine thing. If you're running inside the gas station to pay for gas, fine, no big deal, but if you're in a place for over a minute, just take them off and tuck it onto your shirt collar, belt loop, or push them up on your head. There is something to be said for being able to make eye contact with other people. I can understand wanting to be left alone outside/in a public space, but indoors it just looks like you're up to no good whether or not you really are.

#22 courageous  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:32 AM

If you're indoors for longer than a couple minutes, sunglasses off. Theres exceptions to this rule, like you're carrying something or if you're in a hip hop music video.

I was at a wedding last year and there was a teenage kid with his collar up wearing sunglasses at the reception, which was technically outdoors but it was at night. I wanted to punch him in the face.

#23 _heretic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   605 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:57 AM

I would say it depends on the sunglasses you are wearing. I'm assuming they are these:
Posted Image
and yea, you deserve a little ribbing.

#24 Segasonic01   Sonic Collector CAGiversary!   1946 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Segasonic01

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:30 AM

The only excuse for saying that would be if you had "Mr Cool Shades" tattooed on your arm.

OP, do you look like this:
Posted Image

No I dont look like that at all.

#25 Segasonic01   Sonic Collector CAGiversary!   1946 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Segasonic01

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:32 AM

It's because you look like a douche.

I'm not trying to look like a douche. I normally go out in jeans & a t-shirt (usually with a game or band on it). I dont do anything douchy at all.

#26 elsteveo2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

elsteveo2

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:15 PM

I wear sunglasses all the time when the sun is out but when im indoors i take em off. I was hoping this would turn into a thread about a place to get deals on sunglasses!

#27 QiG   I'm all out of gum.. CAGiversary!   2866 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:19 PM

You wear them around like you're cooler than me and never say hey or remember my name...

#28 shieryda   Opus Eponymous CAGiversary!   9252 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:14 PM

I wear sunglasses a lot, and throughout the year (just not at night). I have chronic dry eye, so the glasses help block a lot of the wind (and air from the vents in my car, now that the temps are dropping).

People just care too much about what people think of them. OP, you could try any one (or all) of these responses when your friends give you static about your shades:

1) "You're just jealous"
2) "No, but would you like one?" (in response the question "Do you have a black eye?")
3) "It's because my future's so bright"

#29 benjamouth   Thanks Larry Davis for the sig !! CAGiversary!   7564 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

benjamouth

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:17 PM

I would say it depends on the sunglasses you are wearing. I'm assuming they are these:
Posted Image
and yea, you deserve a little ribbing.

Dr Robotnik ???

#30 Retom7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   378 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:20 PM

I would love to give shit to people for wearing sunglasses inside. Nothing is more rude then someone looking for something and not making eye contact with you. It's not so much that I care they're wearing sunglasses, but when you're trying to help someone else, it's distracting to me to not have something to focus on while speaking to them.

Maybe you just look silly in your Oakleys? I think it's strange that people comment to you let alone in a rude/disrespectful way. Do you walk around with your arms crossed and a mean mug, possibly with a handlebar mustache? I saw some guy the other day that was doing that in a Best Buy and he looked like a mini-bouncer... add in that he was like 5'5", stocky, and had a Brock Lesnar-esque haircut.