- - - - -

Do any CAGs wear sun glasses? Do people talk a bunch of $#!+ to you about it?

#31 Wolfkin   The Eternal Second Banana CAGiversary!   3592 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:24 PM

OP, do you look like this:
Posted Image

oddly enough that is the ONLY 10 seconds in which he looks cool in the movie. Just finished watching it again an hour ago. serendipity for the win

#32 V3rtigo  

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:47 PM

I'm not trying to look like a douche. I normally go out in jeans & a t-shirt (usually with a game or band on it). I dont do anything douchy at all.

The fact that you had to mention the brand of your sunglasses says otherwise. Looking/speaking/interacting with another person while wearing sunglasses indoors is douchey. People don't trust you when they can't look you in the eyes.

#33 lmz00   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2522 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:58 PM

Is there a word for people who use variations of the word "douche" to refer to others?

#34 camoor   Jams on foot fires CAGiversary!   15256 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:08 AM

oddly enough that is the ONLY 10 seconds in which he looks cool in the movie. Just finished watching it again an hour ago. serendipity for the win

It's... the future of gaming

#35 thisboywillbreak   it's never been easy CAGiversary!   1135 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

thisboywillbreak

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:17 AM

Are you a poker player and/or Tony Sparano? Those are the only people who can pull off sunglasses 24/7.

#36 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16968 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:31 AM

People in Alaska have more reason to wear sunglasses. That snow is blinding...

Haha, I was wondering if anyone was going to bring that up. I had to look at where the guy who made the comment was from, and I saw it was CA, so I can understand not being aware of that. A blanket of snow and a sunny day is one of the brightest things you'll ever see. The sun just reflects off that snow like a bitch. It's horrible.

#37 Sporadic   done with this site CAGiversary!   9499 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:56 AM

It's because you look like a douche.

Really. If they are calling him a blues brother, he most likely has the giant avatar glasses.

Either get more stylish glasses or tell people the Fuck off the second they say something.

#38 Segasonic01   Sonic Collector CAGiversary!   1946 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Segasonic01

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:09 AM

Mine are similar to these

http://en.wikipedia....e:Oakley_xx.JPG

These glasses, a t-shirt, & jeans are what I normally wear. as far as I know, I dont look like a douche

#39 Sporadic   done with this site CAGiversary!   9499 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:46 AM

These glasses, a t-shirt, & jeans are what I normally wear. as far as I know, I dont look like a douche

If random people are commenting on you, it is either the way you look or the way you carry yourself if it isn't the glasses.

#40 HotShotX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3532 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:54 AM

I usually just reply:

"I had my eyes dilated today, thanks for being considerate".

But then again, I don't usually get crap for it as often as you say.

~HotShotX

Guest_Dick Tracy_*

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:56 AM

I have Ray-Ban Wayfarers, and I'm too afraid to wear them.

#42 Predator Ranger   Admiral Awesome CAGiversary!   2697 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Predator Ranger

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:53 AM

I wear sunglasses pretty much any time I'm outside, as long as it's day time. If I walk inside, or the sun goes down, I take them off. No one's ever said a word to me. Of course, these are $10 Wal-Mart glasses, so maybe people are taking pity on me.

#43 Wolfkin   The Eternal Second Banana CAGiversary!   3592 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:13 AM

Really. If they are calling him a blues brother, he most likely has the giant avatar glasses.

that must be it. Because people would never exaggerate or use hyperbole to make fun of someone.

i realize it's just for a few minutes but have you considered raising them? my sister walks around with her sunglasses raised so often she has at times forgotten they're already on her head. This way people aren't looking at you like you're a weirdo wearing glasses indoors. You're not going thru effort to remove and replace them. and they're a flick away when you're heading back out.

#44 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2518 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:17 AM

Wearing sun glasses inside is an automatic douche symbol. Kinda like saying you wear neon mesh shirts and tight pants and wonder y guys tend to hit on u a lot

#45 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3165 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:19 AM

sadly those are pretty douche glasses

#46 kodave   Huh. CAGiversary!   4390 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:49 AM

sadly those are pretty douche glasses

Those are pretty standard Oakleys. He must carry himself in a way thats douchey and the sunglasses just add something extra to it. Especially if people are calling him out on it in CALIFORNIA where there are far douchier and stupider and impractical looking sunglasses being worn all the time.

#47 camoor   Jams on foot fires CAGiversary!   15256 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:53 AM

I have a "fifth year anniversary" coffee mug and a coworker commented "that cup is five years old??!?"

First off who cares, second off are you really that stupid?

Best thing to do with these type of people is ignore them.

#48 klwillis45   Tararrel CAGiversary!   2569 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

klwillis45

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:39 PM

get ugly glasses then people wont think your trying to be cool.

Yeah, they'll think you are a hipster instead. That's heading the wrong direction.

#49 Segasonic01   Sonic Collector CAGiversary!   1946 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Segasonic01

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:06 PM

So from what I gather, all the douchebags out there are pretty much ruining sunglasses in general.

#50 zionoverfire   C10Cl12 CAGiversary!   18241 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

zionoverfire

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:40 PM

Stop wearing Oakleys and wear some cheap shit you pick up at Target for $10, the comments should go way down.

#51 Segasonic01   Sonic Collector CAGiversary!   1946 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Segasonic01

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:09 AM

Stop wearing Oakleys and wear some cheap shit you pick up at Target for $10, the comments should go way down.

This is what I figured.

I like oakleys tho. I didnt know it made me a douche...

#52 xbox lives on   Member Since Feb 2004 CAGiversary!   266 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

xbox lives on

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:13 AM

I only wear my sunglasses if I am driving towards the sun or if I am out fishing on the water.

#53 shady859   Big Blue Nation CAGiversary!   7283 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:15 PM

I work with a guy who has the same Oakleys just different color. He wears them in every day and then straight to the top of his New Era personalized cap. He is the coolest thing ever with those combined with 5 gold chains... Seriously I wanna be him when I grow up.... LoL

#54 eliter1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2956 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:49 PM

Those sunglasses suck tho. I tried wearing cheap sunglasses but I found that they didn't protect my eyes from the sun as much. The frames usually give me rash too. I used to wear some D&G sunglasses and never got any comments but people always me how much I paid for them.

Why do people care what others say about them? Especially sunglasses.

#55 ChernobylCow   Say_Moo CAGiversary!   1860 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

ChernobylCow

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:36 AM

I work in retail. If you are wearing your sunglasses and buying alcohol I am going to ask you to take that shit off. If you are wearing your sunglasses inside I am going to make fun of you behind your back. If you are wearing your sunglasses inside you're worse than Food Network's Guy Doucheberry who wears them on the back of his head.:lol:

Other than that, I never can seem to find a pair when the sun is stabbing me in the eyes as I try to screech home to play 360. So I am jealous of those that have a nice pair.:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

#56 Wolfkin   The Eternal Second Banana CAGiversary!   3592 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:06 PM

one word for ya'll.. Transitions. got sit an inch from the TV until you need real glasses and then get transitions. Greatest thing I've ever had happen to me. they say my eye sight might revert now that the thing in my head is gone.. but I'm keeping my glasses. I love them.

#57 shieryda   Opus Eponymous CAGiversary!   9252 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:25 PM

I work in retail. If you are wearing your sunglasses and buying alcohol I am going to ask you to take that shit off. If you are wearing your sunglasses inside I am going to make fun of you behind your back. If you are wearing your sunglasses inside you're worse than Food Network's Guy Doucheberry who wears them on the back of his head.:lol:

Other than that, I never can seem to find a pair when the sun is stabbing me in the eyes as I try to screech home to play 360. So I am jealous of those that have a nice pair.:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

If you have an outlet mall with a Sunglass hut near you, try looking there. They have some decent prices. Otherwise, you can always find a suitable pair of sunglasses at Target for about $12.