Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Out Now!

Cao Cao

CAGiversary!
It's not entirely surprising news, considering that Atlus has already brought 1 and 3 to PSP. This one is a remake of Persona 2: Innocent Sin Tsumi, the half of the PSOne Persona 2 saga that was released only in Japan. It was fan-translated in December 2008. No news yet on the other half that the US got, Eternal Punishment, nor any news yet on a US release, though at this point, neither would be surprising.

Scans:
http://www.imagebam.com/image/90291b103992612
http://www.imagebam.com/image/ce99c3103998296
http://www.imagebam.com/image/3604c7103998302
http://www.imagebam.com/image/01c2bf103998303

Persona 3 and 4 were great on the PS2. (Haven't played 3 on the PSP yet), but P1 has aged terribly almost to the point of being unplayable (for me at least).

I've heard good things about P2IS. There's probably a pretty good chance this will come to the U.S.

FUUUU_RE_FFFFFUUUU_Pizza-s508x387-44250.jpg

Fatlus should just pay the people who did the fan translation to use their translation so they can release it in the US ASAP. This game is awesome and I will buy it day one.

I still haven't gotten into this series, but I'm hoping for Persona 3 Portable as an Xmas gift. Heard a lot of great things about 2, so I'm sure this will end up being a buy for me as well.

Yeah, it was a 2 part game. We got Eternal Punishment, the first half, but Innocent Sin never made it here.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']
FUUUU_RE_FFFFFUUUU_Pizza-s508x387-44250.jpg

Fatlus should just pay the people who did the fan translation to use their translation so they can release it in the US ASAP. This game is awesome and I will buy it day one.[/QUOTE]

Wrong picture dude.

P2-Hitler--article_image.jpg

[quote name='Mafia']Yeah, it was a 2 part game. We got Eternal Punishment, the first half, but Innocent Sin never made it here.[/QUOTE]

Here I thought Eternal Punishment was the second half (since it included all of those hanging references to Innocent Sin characters)?

[quote name='Mafia']Yeah, it was a 2 part game. We got Eternal Punishment, the first half, but Innocent Sin never made it here.[/QUOTE]

Wrong wrong wrong. First of all, they are two separate games with a connecting story. Innocent Sin (Tsumi) was never released here, probably due to the fellow in Paco's post. Eternal Punishment (Batsu) is the direct sequel and it was released here.

Well either way least both will be in U.S, and maybe they'll announce a remake of Eternal Punishment before most of us finish Innocent Sin.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I swear to god if they change the music to shitty J-animu crap like Persona 1 PSP I am going to cry.[/QUOTE]
You should probably get the tissues now. I didn't play P1P, but if the music is closer to P3 than P1, then I'm all for it.

[quote name='pete5883']You should probably get the tissues now. I didn't play P1P, but if the music is closer to P3 than P1, then I'm all for it.[/QUOTE]

P3's music is not terrible. In fact I would say it is good. 4 is where the music got way too animu.

[quote name='pete5883']http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/10/29/persona_2_first_look/

It's not super-clear, but it sounds like they're arranging rather than replacing the music of the original.[/QUOTE]

The game's music is seeing arrangements. Among the changes mentioned by Meguro is the use of actual guitar instruments. Players will be able to switch between the original and arranged version in the config menu.

AW THANK THE LAWD

I'm also glad they are changing the battle system to be more like EP's. They are at their core identical, but EP had some very welcome UI changes.

Confirmation of a US release? An Atlus newsletter dated June 23th 1999 just came out, the original PS1 version of Persona 2's Japanese release date was June 24th 1999.

Thanks for making me feel old Atlus!

Oh and I pretty much knew they would eventually release IS here, they'd just be stupid not to.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Soon atlus will re-realease Persona 1, 2, 3, 4 & Fes collection with HD on PS3 :)[/QUOTE]

I will murder for that to come out. Sadly I don't think they have the manpower to do that... ever.

Yeah...so far, the PSP has been an SMT fan's dream machine. I don't see them re-releasing the games they just re-released on the PS3. :p List of SMT-related games playable (in English!) on my PSP memory stick RIGHT NOW:

Shin Megami Tensei - SNES
Shin Megami Tensei II - SNES
Revelations: The Demon Slayer - GB
Demikids: Light - GBA
Demikids: Dark - GBA
Persona 1 - PSX
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - PSX
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - PSX
Persona 1 Remake - PSP
Persona 3 Portable - PSP

Add to that the soon-to-be-released fan-translation of Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, and you've got a blockbuster of a little handheld for SMT fans.

Yep, I had the e-mail in my inbox this morning and was coming to mention it here. Figured that someone would've already beaten me to it. :)

Didnt somebody here have a sig of a clip from it? It had this gorgeous anime with great coloring. I cant remember any details from it but I thought it was from persona 2 psp innocent sin cutscene or intro video. Wish I could see it again, its driving me nuts I cant remember what happened in it.

[quote name='gargus']Didnt somebody here have a sig of a clip from it? It had this gorgeous anime with great coloring. I cant remember any details from it but I thought it was from persona 2 psp innocent sin cutscene or intro video. Wish I could see it again, its driving me nuts I cant remember what happened in it.[/QUOTE]

Here's the intro for this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1liSYtnRe4

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Here's the intro for this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1liSYtnRe4[/QUOTE]

Thats it, thanks.

Someone had a video in their sig with a edited down version of that. I thought it looked really cool.

Ill get this though. I have persona 1 and 2 on ps1 but I never got around to playing 2 for whatever reason.

So is it worth buying the PS1 version of Persona 2? I never played the first one, so I'm wondering if I should play through the 1st one or not.

[quote name='jh6269']So is it worth buying the PS1 version of Persona 2? I never played the first one, so I'm wondering if I should play through the 1st one or not.[/QUOTE]

This is the 1st Persona 2. The one released in America on PSone was the 2nd Persona 2.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']This is the 1st Persona 2. The one released in America on PSone was the 2nd Persona 2.[/QUOTE]

Ah, ok, even better. So I can play this 1st, and either hope there will be a Persona 2: Eternal Punishment remake, or get the PS1 version and play it. It would be nice if they would put P2:EP on PSN for download though. The used copies on amazon are like $60.

quick question.
should i play them in order
1, 2 and 3.
Heard good things about these games and wanna play them.
thx in advance

Wait, so we're getting the second half of Persona 2? Cripe, I didn't play the first half of P2. What now?

[quote name='VANDALHEART']Wait, so we're getting the second half of Persona 2? Cripe, I didn't play the first half of P2. What now?[/QUOTE]

EP is set in a parallel world where IS didn't happen, or something like that. They're two separate stories.

IS is the first one anyway.

[quote name='VANDALHEART']Wait, so we're getting the second half of Persona 2? Cripe, I didn't play the first half of P2. What now?[/QUOTE]
We already got the 2nd half, for PS1. The 1st half is this game, coming to PSP.

[quote name='jello44']EP is set in a parallel world where IS didn't happen, or something like that. They're two separate stories.
[/QUOTE]

They are connected. And you're completely wrong. But you can still play EP without playing IS, as thousands of us did when Fatlus originally passed on IS. You'll just miss out on a lot of stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back