Free Rock Band 3 Pre-order Guitar Codes

MisterLas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Sorry if posting in wrong sections. If I am, please move my thread, mods.

Go an email from Amazon this morning

[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]Dear Amazon.com Customer,

The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for your pre-order of Rock Band 3. Now it's time to get you your bonus code.

Here is your bonus code: BLUE-ORANGE-ORANGE-BLUE-ORANGE-ORANGE-BLUE-BLUE

This code will give you access to the Rock Band 3 pre-order bonus guitar.

How to Use Your Code:

Step 1: Insert Rock Band 3 software into your console.
Step 2: From the main menu, enter the code using your Rock Band 3 controls.

[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Also, the Best Buy one is:

Orange Blue Orange Orange Blue Blue Orange Blue

Enjoy! ;)

UPDATE
---------------
THANKS TO teknomedic FOR POSTING THIS TOO! Sorry yours got nuked.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dalerax']I got the email too. This pre-order 'exclusive' isn't exclusive at all.[/QUOTE]

I know... I love it.

A++++ to you. My Best Buy still had preorder boxes for RB3 yesterday when I went and picked it up. They wouldn't let me just take the box, so I had to "preorder" and then purchase the game.

Thanks, OP. I just entered both "cheats" and the game said "Thanks for Pre-ordering" for each guitar. I'm glad I got the pre-order songs from Gamestop. This had to suck for the people who ordered from Amazon/Best Buy thinking that the guitars would be exclusive.

One piece of advice:

Change your thread title to "Free Rock Band 3 Pre-order Guitar Codes" or something like that so that people know exactly what your post refers to. :)

[quote name='Finch106']A++++ to you. My Best Buy still had preorder boxes for RB3 yesterday when I went and picked it up. They wouldn't let me just take the box, so I had to "preorder" and then purchase the game.[/QUOTE]
Even better, I saw somebody pre-selling their code on ebay and it sold for at least $20. Freaking hilarious.

For anyone who doesn't want to lug out their guitar, L1 is Orange and Square is Blue for PS3 users. Dunno about 360 players but I'm guessing the Left bumper and X are what you use.

Amazon's code unlocks the Guild X-79. Best Buy's opens up the Ovation D2010.

[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']Thanks, OP. I just entered both "cheats" and the game said "Thanks for Pre-ordering" for each guitar. I'm glad I got the pre-order songs from Gamestop. This had to suck for the people who ordered from Amazon/Best Buy thinking that the guitars would be exclusive.

One piece of advice:

Change your thread title to "Free Rock Band 3 Pre-order Guitar Codes" or something like that so that people know exactly what your post refers to. :)[/QUOTE]

I preordered from Amazon and had no idea I was even gonna get a code... lol.

I will change the thread title... thanks for the advice... I did it right after I got the email (which was right after I woke up). So I was still half asleep. :D

Wait... are the Codes really just "Orange" or "Blue"?

At first I thought, someone just didn't want to post their legit codes i.e. X7487 - JM256 - XXXXX etc. LOL.

A friend of mine found the EU guitar unlock code:
Here's the European "Stop" guitar, which is the only one that I think was worth it: Orange, Orange, Blue, Blue, Orange, Blue, Blue, Orange
Thanks NoThru22, where ever you are...

GameDealDaily is selling the Rock band Country export code for $8 today. You'll receive the code by email. Not a bad deal for 21 songs of shall we say, mostly dubious quality.

never understood why would anyone want to preorder the game for something like this? At least with GS you have the tracks you can actually play. But who cares how many different virtual guitars you have?

Now I really want to know why my thread killed? This one is still alive and I posted a good 24hrs before this.

*runs off pouting*

never buy a code until after the codes are released.

If that other CAG had any honor... they'd give you a full refund.

edit... well, I guess the BB codes were in the pre-order boxes right?.... still, what kind of CAG would rip off another person so obviously?... did they think the color code would be unique?

[quote name='GenPirate']I wonder if they used a similar code system for our arsenal of nukes when Bush was president.[/QUOTE]

Maybe whoever found the ones that Clinton lost can confirm if it's a standard format.

[quote name='teknomedic']Now I really want to know why my thread killed? This one is still alive and I posted a good 24hrs before this.

*runs off pouting*[/QUOTE]

Sorry man... lol. Didn't see another thread, that's why I posted.. I'll edit the original post to share credit to you to.. lol. :D

[quote name='Vader582']A friend of mine found the EU guitar unlock code:

Thanks NoThru22, where ever you are...[/QUOTE]

I can confirm as of today that all three (Amazon, Best Buy, EU) codes work on standard :360: controller using LB and X buttons

3 free guitars! Plus 3 free Doors songs for Early adopters, and 3 free songs for Preorder at Gamestop... Decent 1st week haul.

[quote name='FreeStuffFan85'] I'm glad I got the pre-order songs from Gamestop. This had to suck for the people who ordered from Amazon/Best Buy thinking that the guitars would be exclusive.[/QUOTE]

At least Amazon/Best Buy had their respective $10 coupon offers to go with it. Amazon had a standard $10 gaming coupon while Best Buy had bonus reward zone gamers points. I don't think too many people made a purchasing decision based just on the in-game guitar.

[quote name='MisterLas']Sorry man... lol. Didn't see another thread, that's why I posted.. I'll edit the original post to share credit to you to.. lol. :D[/QUOTE]

lol... Hey, it's not your fault... I posted almost the same thread, but I assume a MOD destroyed it... it wasn't moved, it wasn't locked... it was deleted!

It's all good.... so long as the word gets out. :)

The only reason I was a little annoyed is that I've NEVER been able to post a deal and the ONE time I try, it's nuked... lmao.

[quote name='teknomedic']lol... Hey, it's not your fault... I posted almost the same thread, but I assume a MOD destroyed it... it wasn't moved, it wasn't locked... it was deleted!

It's all good.... so long as the word gets out. :)

The only reason I was a little annoyed is that I've NEVER been able to post a deal and the ONE time I try, it's nuked... lmao.[/QUOTE]

Lol. That sucks!

bread's done
Back