Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
mario1028.jpg

Nintendo just announced Super Mario All-stars for the Wi for North America, coming out on December 12th. It's being released as part of the 25th Anniversary of Super Mario bros.. It comes with a soundtrack and a 32-page history booklet for just $29.99. .Supplies are said to be limited so keep that in mind if you're considering waiting for it to get cheaper.
[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Sites that still have it in stock at $29.99 or less:

http://www.gohastings.com/product/G...te&utm_campaign=videogames&CAWELAID=717618420

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/p...CSE_Froogle&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=sku2384045

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?PID=8369893&style=games&frm=froogleother

http://www.hhgregg.com/ProductDetai...e=google&utm_medium=product&utm_campaign=feed
[/QUOTE]

Amazon
Gamestop

Description from Press Release:

The games included in the Super Mario All-Stars collection are Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Bros. 3. Each game features the enhanced graphics and updated sound from the Super NES™ Super Mario All-Stars collection, and all four can be played on the Wii system using one of several controllers: the Wii Remote™ controller, Classic Controller™, Classic Controller Pro™ or the Nintendo GameCube™ controller.

Also included is a Super Mario History soundtrack CD, a compilation of memorable music from the Mario franchise. Containing classic theme songs and fun sound effects from the original Super Mario Bros. game all the way up to this year's acclaimed Super Mario Galaxy™ 2 game, this special disc also marks the first official release of the "Super Mario Bros. Ground Theme," widely recognized as one of the most famous pieces of video game music in history.

Rounding out the Super Mario All-Stars collection is a 32-page Super Mario History booklet featuring interviews, behind-the-scenes details and rare concept art. Fans from every generation can enjoy firsthand insights into the beginnings of Mario, illustrated with candid photos and never-before-seen design sketches. Together with the game software and soundtrack, it's the ultimate tribute to a unique game series.
Edit: this is what the US Packaging will look like

187887430.jpg

This is what the Japanese version looks like for reference. I can't guarantee the US version will look like this:

mario25th.jpg

And for those that want to hound on this being MSRP. I posted it here because it is a Limited item, and because there are many CAG who don't venture outside the deals forum and may have missed this. Mods can move this to a more appropriate place if they want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do want...but, how many damn times do they want us to buy the same damn game over and over?

Super Mario Bros:
NES
SNES (All stars)
GBA
Virtual Console

This will be the fifth time they sold us this game.

[quote name='ZForce915']Do want...but, how many damn times do they want us to buy the same damn game over and over?

Super Mario Bros:
NES
SNES (All stars)
GBA
Virtual Console

This will be the fifth time they sold us this game.[/QUOTE]

It's not their fault if consumers keep buying it though. They don't demand you buy it. Just like the average person, everyone is looking to make a quick buck.

Added a description of what's included to the op. I wish this included Super Mario World as well but ah well.

The games included in the Super Mario All-Stars collection are Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Bros. 3. Each game features the enhanced graphics and updated sound from the Super NES™ Super Mario All-Stars collection, and all four can be played on the Wii system using one of several controllers: the Wii Remote™ controller, Classic Controller™, Classic Controller Pro™ or the Nintendo GameCube™ controller.

Also included is a Super Mario History soundtrack CD, a compilation of memorable music from the Mario franchise. Containing classic theme songs and fun sound effects from the original Super Mario Bros. game all the way up to this year's acclaimed Super Mario Galaxy™ 2 game, this special disc also marks the first official release of the "Super Mario Bros. Ground Theme," widely recognized as one of the most famous pieces of video game music in history. Rounding out the Super Mario All-Stars collection is a 32-page Super Mario History booklet featuring interviews, behind-the-scenes details and rare concept art. Fans from every generation can enjoy firsthand insights into the beginnings of Mario, illustrated with candid photos and never-before-seen design sketches. Together with the game software and soundtrack, it's the ultimate tribute to a unique game series.

[quote name='ZForce915']Do want...but, how many damn times do they want us to buy the same damn game over and over?

Super Mario Bros:
NES
SNES (All stars)
GBA
Virtual Console

Nintendo is amazing, 25 YEARS of the same game being released. Quite an achievment. Must make other companies marketing teams green with envy! And we buy it everytime! :lol:

It seems kind of odd now that the 25th Anniversary Wii bundle won't include this game. I also think Nintendo should have released a DS version of All-Stars for the 25th anniversary.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It seems kind of odd now that the 25th Anniversary Wii bundle won't include this game. I also think Nintendo should have released a DS version of All-Stars for the 25th anniversary.[/QUOTE]That makes no sense to me at all that this isn't included with the 25th anniversary Wii or DSi XL.

my son has just recently gotten SUPER INTO mario. we got him the new smb wii game for his birthday and he loves it..i havent bought anything from the vc on the wii so this will be a nice addition and he will love the book and now he will learn more songs that he wolnt stop humming...lol

MSRP or not, since it's a limited-time offer for a game that you can't get any more (besides ebay, garage sales, etc.), I'd still call it one.

Wow, I can't believe I am going to buy these same games again. I don't want to buy them just because I have bought them so many times before (NES, Mario All-Stars, GBA, Virtual Console), but I just can't pass up this limited edition.

[quote name='shrike4242']That makes no sense to me at all that this isn't included with the 25th anniversary Wii or DSi XL.[/QUOTE]

They want you to have to double dip. Having said that, I'm all over this like white on rice.

Picked up one, with my Fable III credit.

Though, when I went to check out, there was a $9.99 promotion applied, so I ended up getting it for free after promotions. :whistle2:s

I wish they would just sell a "bundle" of those games in the VC for that price. I don't want to put a disc in to play these games... Am I correct that you can't get the lost levels on VC?

No brainer for me I will get this just for the bonus items not to mention the games. I own these in every possible configuration but years ago I wanted something like this on the gamecube and gladly announced I would pay $100 for it and now we get this on wii with this bonus stuff for $29.99 count me in. I just purchased super mario bros 2 (japanese version) last night on wiiware for the 600 wii points and man that game is hard. I have a cartridge of it I can play on my nes but with no save state the game is nearly impossible to beat in one sitting. I've beaten it on snes (lost levels) because it does have the save state but I love the old super mario bros graphics from 1986.

I wish they would re-release all the SNES mario games on one disc...

Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario RPG
Possibly even Tetris Attack, such a good game LOL

That being said, I'm a sucker for all things Mario and I pre-ordered as well on Amazon

Super Mario Bros:
NES
SNES (All stars)
GBA
Virtual Console

Arent you missing a few?
SMB Deluxe (GBC)
Super Mario All Stars/SMW (SNES) version
Animal Crossing (GCN) Unlockable Game

before they annonced this, when was the last time they came out something like this? i wasnt aware. also, since i never bought anything similar to this, nows the perfect time :D

[quote name='hufferstl']Am I correct that you can't get the lost levels on VC?[/QUOTE]
It's there, it is 600pts instead of the standard 500pts, and of course only in Japanese.

[quote name='hufferstl']I wish they would just sell a "bundle" of those games in the VC for that price. I don't want to put a disc in to play these games... [/QUOTE]
It is cheaper to buy them separately from VC than this disc bundle. Mario 1, 2, and 3 are 500pts each, and Lost Levels is 600pts, for a total of 2100 pts ($21). And of course you don't need the disc to play when buying from VC.

This collection is only for people who want the le add-ins.

Went ahead and preordered and found that I had a $5 promo I didn't even know about! :D

$24.99 - $20.02 trade in credit I had on my account = $6.47 whenever it ships. (darn sales tax)

Don't have any of these besides the old cartridges so this is good news for me.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I wish they would have added Super Mario World...easily my favorite SM game to date.[/QUOTE]

AGREE.! i loved that game...i really want my son to play that..hope they would release that...prolly for the 26th anny lol.!

[quote name='lilman']It's there, it is 600pts instead of the standard 500pts, and of course only in Japanese.

It is cheaper to buy them separately from VC than this disc bundle. Mario 1, 2, and 3 are 500pts each, and Lost Levels is 600pts, for a total of 2100 pts ($21). And of course you don't need the disc to play when buying from VC.

This collection is only for people who want the le add-ins.[/QUOTE]

As someone who just ridiculed the set, I will point out that you never really OWN anything on the virtual console. Had I not already fell for Nintendo's trick and bought Mario 1, 2 and 3 on VC I might buy this disk. But this re-releasing is getting out of hand.

Why isn't this collection made for the DS? I haven't turned on my Wii in months but I play my DS almost daily. Is this going to be truly limited? Anyone know how many copies were made for the Japanese release?

^ Looks like it's not out of hand.

If whores like us keep buying and getting excited about these collections they'll keep doing it. 25th Anniversary set is special though as most of us here probably got into gaming with Mario.

[quote name='kataztrophik']Why isn't this collection made for the DS?[/QUOTE]
Because Nintendo already has a SNES emulator written for the Wii.

[quote name='ZForce915']As someone who just ridiculed the set, I will point out that you never really OWN anything on the virtual console.[/QUOTE]Just to play devil's advocate... Technically you don't own it on a disc either, you just purchase the rights to use it; but I get what you're saying. ;)

great post OP, as always! :)

Getting this is a no-brainer! I already have all these on the VC anyway, but damn, this package will look really nice on the shelf!

[quote name='kataztrophik']Why isn't this collection made for the DS? I haven't turned on my Wii in months but I play my DS almost daily. Is this going to be truly limited? Anyone know how many copies were made for the Japanese release?[/QUOTE]

I don't know how many copies they released in Japan but Nintendo is notorious for discontinuing LE sets (Metroid Prime Trilogy), and even some regular games from time to time. The description from the press release says it's while supplies last so I think it will truly be limited

Limited Edition will be available for purchase while supplies last.

anyone think Best Buy will list this? gonna have $30 in RZ certs hitting..

edit: nevermind, went to official website: BB, TRU and Wal-Mart are also in the mix for pre-orders..post-edit-edit: thanks ssjmichael from down below!

How could you not want this? $30 is way cheaper than the average new release Wii game and all this bonus content on top of that? Yes please!

[quote name='Darknuke']How could you not want this? $30 is way cheaper than the average new release Wii game and all this bonus content on top of that? Yes please![/QUOTE]

Honestly, even if you don't own a Wii you should still buy this. It is the TRUE collector's package.

[quote name='token2k6']anyone think Best Buy will list this? gonna have $30 in RZ certs hitting..[/QUOTE]

Yeah they likely will. Nintendo's official page for the game listed the following retailers:

Amazon
Best Buy
Gamestop
TRU
Walmart

[quote name='bizman316']Wow, I can't believe I am going to buy these same games again. I don't want to buy them just because I have bought them so many times before (NES, Mario All-Stars, GBA, Virtual Console), but I just can't pass up this limited edition.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Already own multiple physical copies of all these games, yet I'm still compelled to buy this. Damn you, Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back