- - - - -

Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

#1 ssjmichael   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9031 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

ssjmichael

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:11 PM

Posted Image

Nintendo just announced Super Mario All-stars for the Wi for North America, coming out on December 12th. It's being released as part of the 25th Anniversary of Super Mario bros.. It comes with a soundtrack and a 32-page history booklet for just $29.99. .Supplies are said to be limited so keep that in mind if you're considering waiting for it to get cheaper.

Sites that still have it in stock at $29.99 or less:

http://www.gohasting...ELAID=717618420

http://www.samsclub...._sku=sku2384045

http://www.cdunivers...rm=froogleother

http://www.hhgregg.c...m_campaign=feed

Amazon
Gamestop

Description from Press Release:

The games included in the Super Mario All-Stars collection are Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Bros. 3. Each game features the enhanced graphics and updated sound from the Super NES™ Super Mario All-Stars collection, and all four can be played on the Wii system using one of several controllers: the Wii Remote™ controller, Classic Controller™, Classic Controller Pro™ or the Nintendo GameCube™ controller.

Also included is a Super Mario History soundtrack CD, a compilation of memorable music from the Mario franchise. Containing classic theme songs and fun sound effects from the original Super Mario Bros. game all the way up to this year's acclaimed Super Mario Galaxy™ 2 game, this special disc also marks the first official release of the "Super Mario Bros. Ground Theme," widely recognized as one of the most famous pieces of video game music in history.

Rounding out the Super Mario All-Stars collection is a 32-page Super Mario History booklet featuring interviews, behind-the-scenes details and rare concept art. Fans from every generation can enjoy firsthand insights into the beginnings of Mario, illustrated with candid photos and never-before-seen design sketches. Together with the game software and soundtrack, it's the ultimate tribute to a unique game series.

Edit: this is what the US Packaging will look like

Posted Image

This is what the Japanese version looks like for reference. I can't guarantee the US version will look like this:

Posted Image

And for those that want to hound on this being MSRP. I posted it here because it is a Limited item, and because there are many CAG who don't venture outside the deals forum and may have missed this. Mods can move this to a more appropriate place if they want.

Edited by ssjmichael, 17 December 2010 - 05:19 AM.

#2 jimijumper   Banned Banned   2834 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

jimijumper

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

sweet

#3 ZForce915   Group hug! CAGiversary!   6444 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:16 PM

Do want...but, how many damn times do they want us to buy the same damn game over and over?

Super Mario Bros:
NES
SNES (All stars)
GBA
Virtual Console

This will be the fifth time they sold us this game.

#4 Fonz72   And how! CAGiversary!   337 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:16 PM

Thanks OP! Been waiting for this since it came out in Japan! :applause:

#5 JaylisJayP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4528 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:17 PM

I think I have 2 and 3 on virtual console...temting but unless there's a new game in there I'll probably pass.

#6 MasterSun1   Already Guilty CAGiversary!   1549 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:19 PM

Do want...but, how many damn times do they want us to buy the same damn game over and over?

Super Mario Bros:
NES
SNES (All stars)
GBA
Virtual Console

It's not their fault if consumers keep buying it though. They don't demand you buy it. Just like the average person, everyone is looking to make a quick buck.

#7 ssjmichael   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9031 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

ssjmichael

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:20 PM

Added a description of what's included to the op. I wish this included Super Mario World as well but ah well.

The games included in the Super Mario All-Stars collection are Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Bros. 3. Each game features the enhanced graphics and updated sound from the Super NES™ Super Mario All-Stars collection, and all four can be played on the Wii system using one of several controllers: the Wii Remote™ controller, Classic Controller™, Classic Controller Pro™ or the Nintendo GameCube™ controller.

Also included is a Super Mario History soundtrack CD, a compilation of memorable music from the Mario franchise. Containing classic theme songs and fun sound effects from the original Super Mario Bros. game all the way up to this year's acclaimed Super Mario Galaxy™ 2 game, this special disc also marks the first official release of the "Super Mario Bros. Ground Theme," widely recognized as one of the most famous pieces of video game music in history. Rounding out the Super Mario All-Stars collection is a 32-page Super Mario History booklet featuring interviews, behind-the-scenes details and rare concept art. Fans from every generation can enjoy firsthand insights into the beginnings of Mario, illustrated with candid photos and never-before-seen design sketches. Together with the game software and soundtrack, it's the ultimate tribute to a unique game series.

#8 mrbomb   A Tasty Classic CAGiversary!   640 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:22 PM

Pre-ordered, I didn't have to think twice this looks sweet.
Thanks OP.

#9 apathylad   NeoCAG CAGiversary!   666 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Eh...I have already played these games, but I want to buy it more for the bonus stuff.

#10 Fonz72   And how! CAGiversary!   337 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Super Mario Bros:
NES
SNES (All stars)
GBA
Virtual Console

Nintendo is amazing, 25 YEARS of the same game being released. Quite an achievment. Must make other companies marketing teams green with envy! And we buy it everytime! :lol:

#11 poopdoofio   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

poopdoofio

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:24 PM

Anyone going to buy two copies and keep one sealed?

#12 ssjmichael   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9031 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

ssjmichael

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:26 PM

It seems kind of odd now that the 25th Anniversary Wii bundle won't include this game. I also think Nintendo should have released a DS version of All-Stars for the 25th anniversary.

#13 InvaderZim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1286 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

InvaderZim

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:26 PM

Thanks, picking one up for my son.

#14 woodcan   TX Regional CAG VP CAGiversary!   1493 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:27 PM

I'm definitely getting this and glad they decided to release it stateside and this year.

#15 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49875 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:28 PM

It seems kind of odd now that the 25th Anniversary Wii bundle won't include this game. I also think Nintendo should have released a DS version of All-Stars for the 25th anniversary.

That makes no sense to me at all that this isn't included with the 25th anniversary Wii or DSi XL.

#16 threefiftyzzz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   252 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

threefiftyzzz

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:29 PM

my son has just recently gotten SUPER INTO mario. we got him the new smb wii game for his birthday and he loves it..i havent bought anything from the vc on the wii so this will be a nice addition and he will love the book and now he will learn more songs that he wolnt stop humming...lol

#17 bizman316   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   473 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

bizman316

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

Wow, I can't believe I am going to buy these same games again. I don't want to buy them just because I have bought them so many times before (NES, Mario All-Stars, GBA, Virtual Console), but I just can't pass up this limited edition.

#18 Takeda Kenshi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   169 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Takeda Kenshi

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

That makes no sense to me at all that this isn't included with the 25th anniversary Wii or DSi XL.

They want you to have to double dip. Having said that, I'm all over this like white on rice.

#19 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11354 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:32 PM

2 copies for me no question ask :)

#20 shady859   Big Blue Nation CAGiversary!   7283 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:32 PM

:D I want it!

Wish it had the SNES Mario as well!

#21 Konflictd   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Konflictd

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:33 PM

Thanks OP! ordered one to go with the red Wii bundle ;)

#22 joeyatog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   490 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:35 PM

Damn! I really want this but I don't know if I can justify buying these games yet again! AAARRGGHH!!!!

#23 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49875 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:36 PM

Picked up one, with my Fable III credit.

Though, when I went to check out, there was a $9.99 promotion applied, so I ended up getting it for free after promotions. :-s

#24 hufferstl   Get your symbols kid CAGiversary!   2547 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

I wish they would just sell a "bundle" of those games in the VC for that price. I don't want to put a disc in to play these games... Am I correct that you can't get the lost levels on VC?

#25 Nesmaniac   8 bit heaven CAGiversary!   1355 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Nesmaniac

No brainer for me I will get this just for the bonus items not to mention the games. I own these in every possible configuration but years ago I wanted something like this on the gamecube and gladly announced I would pay $100 for it and now we get this on wii with this bonus stuff for $29.99 count me in. I just purchased super mario bros 2 (japanese version) last night on wiiware for the 600 wii points and man that game is hard. I have a cartridge of it I can play on my nes but with no save state the game is nearly impossible to beat in one sitting. I've beaten it on snes (lost levels) because it does have the save state but I love the old super mario bros graphics from 1986.

#26 kataztrophik   Rochambeau! I win. CAGiversary!   1975 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

kataztrophik

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:37 PM

I wish they would re-release all the SNES mario games on one disc...

Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario RPG
Possibly even Tetris Attack, such a good game LOL

That being said, I'm a sucker for all things Mario and I pre-ordered as well on Amazon

#27 joshnorm   Hey, Wha Happen.. CAGiversary!   2611 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:39 PM

Day 1 purchase....

Thank goodness they put it up. Now Amazon go ahead and give us some credit with the deal.

#28 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44099 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:39 PM

I wish they would have added Super Mario World...easily my favorite SM game to date.

#29 Arakias   Inferior Potassium CAGiversary!   3630 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:40 PM

Super Mario Bros:
NES
SNES (All stars)
GBA
Virtual Console

Arent you missing a few?
SMB Deluxe (GBC)
Super Mario All Stars/SMW (SNES) version
Animal Crossing (GCN) Unlockable Game

#30 david12795  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:41 PM

before they annonced this, when was the last time they came out something like this? i wasnt aware. also, since i never bought anything similar to this, nows the perfect time :D