Playstation Trophy thread and Platinum bragging

Organization_XIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I decided to change this thread to general PSN Trophy discussion and platinum trophy bragging. Share your tips for helping others obtain those coveted Platinum and Gold or recommend games for tons of easy Bronze and Silver. Happy hunting CAG

Last edited by a moderator:
Uncharted 2 was my first plat too. The game was so damn good that I knew I had to get all the trophies. Then I immediately went back to get the plat in Uncharted... after that, the trophies became kinda hazy.

I don't like any online related trophies though... otherwise, I would have gotten the DLC trophies for Uncharted 2.

On the PS3, the percentages can change if new DLC arrives. I had 100% in Uncharted 2 but with the DLC, there were more trophies added so now I only have 74% or something. But you don't need 100% (or to buy any DLC) for the platinum.

Resident Evil 5 for me since it was the first game I had bought after Sony made trophy support mandatory. MGS4 would have been my first, but about that. . .

Yeah, I don't get why they didn't add trophies to MGS4 after trophies being mandatory. Grand Theft Auto IV, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and Warhawk added them. I don't see why MGS4 didn't get them, or Ratchet and Clank Future for that matter.

I'm so close getting the Plat in Uncharted 1 (All I have to do is beat Crushing difficulty - which is insanely hard compared to crushing in Uncharted 2) and God of War 3 (I need to find the last of the Minotaur Horns, and figure out how to pull off a 1000 hit combo).

Tekken 6 was my first and only plat trophy. Funny thing is, I'm not even a huge fan of the game and have since traded it.

My backlog is a little too big to be worrying about finding every last trinket in games. I'd love to be able to, but I just don't have the time.

Congrats! Yeah, after getting my first platinum trophy, I got hooked... That's right, there's no special treatment in achievements for collecting every points, but in the PS3 world, you're rewarded with the delicious Platinum trophy :) Not only looks good on the trophy stat (plat/gold/silver/bronze Olympic style) but also boost your leveling up experience points (level up faster with Platinum trophies).

Yeah, most people tend to remember their first platinum. Also, you don't need all of the DLCs to unlock it, just need to collect all of the in game trophies (personally, I don't know why the formula is like that, I mean, why can't they just offer a platinum trophy for just beating the game? :lol:)

Tekken 6 plat? Wow, impressive... And for those plat Little Big Planets, congrats too, that's one hard platinum (hats off to those with Resistance 2 platinum trophies too, it's almost impossible :lol:).

I agree that Uncharted and U2 are both enjoyable platinum trophy games, I absolutely love them (CRUSHING mode is a pain though especially Uncharted 1).

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']tophies/achievements are stupid :lol:[/QUOTE]
No they're not... Not only they add replay values, they also a mean to control piracy of games.

36 games, and I've still never, ever gotten a platinum trophy (closest I got was Batman: AA, with 91% on my first and only playthrough), although I did 100% Joe Danger (no platinum). Too many games and too little playtime for me to worry about trophies -- I honestly don't shoot for them one bit unless they also unlock something else.

[quote name='Serpentor']No they're not... Not only they add replay values, they also a mean to control piracy of games.[/QUOTE]

While I agree that they add replay value and more play time, I haven't the faintest idea of how they could possibly help control piracy.

I just got my first platinum in Assassin's Creed 2.

I've been working on Modern Warfare 2, but am currently stuck because of the damned running of SSDD in under 30 seconds. And the fact that my buddy who was working throught the Special Ops missions with me doesn't play Special Ops anymore has slowed me down.

Great Job OP! My first Plat was Alone in the Dark, followed by Bioshock, then Uncharted 1. I'm working on MOH Frontline now. The level im on now though (2nd to last) is a PITA tho!

I've yet to platinum a game, but if I were to do so it would be with Bioshock or Heavy Rain. I just don't care enough to go back and complete the tasks needed right now :/

Ahhh the feelings of the first platinum

urvzh7oyn.png

My first was Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, wooo! I'm gonna get my 39th platinum tonight when I finish the challenge mode in Ratchet and Clank.

My first platinum was Fallout 3, the second was WipEout HD. Definitely had to put a lot of time into the games to get them.

Gratz on your first platinum.
My first and only one is Batman AA...for some reason my OCD kicked in for that game. I tried for Call of Duty: WAW, but I gave up after the 70th run trying to shoot down 50ish Zeroes or something. I attempted Resident Evil 5...but kinda gave up on that when DLC started to pop up and ruined the whole 100%.
On a curious note...does anyone know which person holds the most Platinums on PSN?

[quote name='dejeckt']Gratz on your first platinum.
My first and only one is Batman AA...for some reason my OCD kicked in for that game. I tried for Call of Duty: WAW, but I gave up after the 70th run trying to shoot down 50ish Zeroes or something. I attempted Resident Evil 5...but kinda gave up on that when DLC started to pop up and ruined the whole 100%.
On a curious note...does anyone know which person holds the most Platinums on PSN?[/QUOTE]

AA is the one I really wished I had tried harder on. But by the time I went back to it, I just couldn't do it anymore and I couldn't get into the game. I'll have to start from the beginning anyway though as I need to beat it on the hardest difficulty.

Still trying to get my first. Closest I have come is Bad Company 2 which I have 78% of the trophies.

My first platinum was Uncharted 2. Nov 1, 09. Three days later Uncharted Drake Fortune was my second platinum.

[quote name='Vinny']AA is the one I really wished I had tried harder on. But by the time I went back to it, I just couldn't do it anymore and I couldn't get into the game. I'll have to start from the beginning anyway though as I need to beat it on the hardest difficulty.[/QUOTE]

In my opinion is that Batman AA is probably one of the easiest to get a platinum (seeing that I got it). Batman isn't too difficult even on the hardest level, just keep your head low and resist the urge to go gung ho. The hardest trophy was the one related to combat challenges, but once getting into flow of things it shouldn't be too difficult. The most tedious one is the riddler's bs.

Gonna go for plat with Vanquish, seems like the perfect game for it (plus extends game life)

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']tophies/achievements are stupid :lol:[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause:x infinity
[quote name='Serpentor']No they're not... Not only they add replay values, they also a mean to control piracy of games.[/QUOTE]
Having real levels with a real challenge adds replay value for me. Trophies are just annoying. Moreover how do they control piracy? Those who were gonna pirate a game suddenly want to play the legal version because otherwise they won't get trophies for it?

I would think people pirating games would have other things to worry about than trophies.:razz:

My friend who has pirated games on my friend's PS3 can still get trophies on my friend's PS3. He might not be able to sync with the server and have them "count", but he can still get trophies. He thinks online multiplayer is more of a deterrent than trophies, considering he just preordered Black Ops (albeit for the PC).

I personally can't remember a single time where I've tried to do something simply to get a trophy. I'm sure I'm in the minority there, but for me, trophies haven't added a single bit of replayability/playtime to any game.

Don't get me wrong, I like trophies. I think they're cool. I feel a sense of accomplishment when I get one. But I don't say "I'm going to kill 200 enemies with my combat knife even though I have ample supply of bullets" because I'll get a trophy for it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause::applause:x infinity[/QUOTE]

I do agree that most trophies are frivolous, and just added in there just cause. However, there are trophies that seems worthwhile to go for. To me its personally no different from people doing raids to get that one piece of gear, speed running a game after beating it to get that one rocket launcher, trying to kill 006 really fast to get a gun you don't need, and/or trying to get knights of round summon. Most of the times those extra weapons/skins/in game items are really pointless and overkill, but people go for it because of that extra little tiny bit of challenge. I see trophies as those 'type' of challenges, but unlike those singular game challenges trophy system accounts for the whole of your gaming experience (well at least your gaming experiences for PS3).

Another way I see it is sort of like an individual set challenge online game. In the past where kids actually went over to their friend's house to play games, I remember playing single player games (such as Mega Man X) trying to out do each other. Essentially, I don't see it any different from people playing hours and hours of the same online multiplayer game (such as Modern Warfare 2, Street Fighter, etc); the trophies are essentially an indirect type of an online game.

Well this is how I see the trophy system, I'm not saying I'm right, but just trying to explain/justify why the trophy system is appealing to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
God of War 1 (God of War Collection) was my first.

Damn, I love trophies. I restrict myself to buying games that I'm interested enough in to get the Plat (or 100% on PSN games). This way I don't build up a ridiculous backlog with shit I'm only barely interested in playing and it keeps the hassle of trading games in to a minimum. I'm really excited to try my hand at the Spelunker HD Plat.

[quote name='bunk22']world at war was my 1st[/QUOTE]
Any tips on how getting the plane one? I'm always 2 planes away from that trophy...its frustrating.

[quote name='cochesecochese']God of War 1 (God of War Collection) was my first.[/QUOTE]

Mine too! Then second was God of War 2.

I could barely handle hard mode on Uncharted with the unlocked bonus (or cheats). I'm pretty bad at shooting. Don't think I can do crushing without them.

1st and only platinum is Burnout, which I thought was outstanding because it was more of a reward for seeing all the game had to offer than "can you do a whole bunch of crazy shit?". I thought I was going to do it in both Uncharted and Killzone 2 but sometimes I just don't feel like jumping through the ridiculous hoops required to get there or play a bunch of multi-player I have no interest in.

Great job.

Mine was Batman Arkham Asylum. I spent three weeks doing the combat challenges until I final mastered that combo system.

Followed by Uncharted 1, Uncharted 2, and Assassin's Creed 2. I also have 100% on Scott Pilgrim.

I really have to be in the mood to try and get all the trophies in a game. Or, I have goals for myself. Such as, I finished Transformers over the weekend and got every trophy I could get that did not involved multiplayer. I have no desire to play it on mutliplayer.

First one was NBA Live 10, but that doesn't really count because it's a sports game. Second one was Assassin's Creed 2 and that was extremely gratifying.

My first platinum was Gow 2 then 3 and 1. I also got 100% on Scott Pilgrim. I am currently working on Prince of Persia forgotten sands and dead space.

First was Resident Evil 5 on March 21,2009. Took me and a friend a week and 2 hours to platinum. Really enjoyed that one. Didn't get another platinum till November.(tekken)

First was Tekken 6.

Got my 8th (I believe) last night, with Jurassic: The Hunted.

I'm within 15% of platinum with Katamari, Assassin's Creed II, Infamous, and Resident Evil 5. Might be a bit of time before I get any of them, though. They're all of the grinding variety, and I tend not to do that if it is required to play at least two times through and isn't a short game. Of course, I platinumed Demon's Souls, but that's one of my favorite games from this generation, so...

And while I'm not technically a trophy hunter, I'll occasionally try a new game mode I may not have otherwise tried, if a trophy bonus is available. I never tried Challenge of the Gods when I played God of War I on PS2, but did as part of the Collection, as an example.

Have to weight in on the don't really try side here. I've never gotten a Plat trophy as many have said my backlog is too long. Instead of beating the game on a harder setting (I usually play on the hardest setting 1st time) or hunting for a bunch of stuff I would rather have a different experience. I do have respect for people who get Plat trophy, but I just do not have the time and would rather have a new experience.

I got my first platinum trophy about 2 and a half weeks ago on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. I've also 100% Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and After Burner Climax.

At first, I didn't like the idea of trophies but then it grew on me. I figure, if I can't Platinum everything, as long as I get 50%, then the game was all worth it to me. Like everyone, I just don't have the time to go thoroughly through each game and get 100%

bread's done
Back