GoGamer10.com Launches - $10 and under games only

Mike@Gogamer

Official Representative
Hello CAGs,

I am pleased to announce that GoGamer just launched today a new site featuring video games, guides, downloads, etc. for $10 or less.

http://gogamer10.com/

GG10 is right out of Beta and fully functional, so please check it out, place your orders, and give us your feedback on this thread.

Thanks, and happy hunting.

-Mike

This is an awsome idea featuring only budget gaming and sales first one I have seen like this plan on shopping and browsing here.

Great idea, I like it. However, the site is running very slowly for me - around a 10s page load time, and I normally have no issues with GoGamer's core site.

Thought the motto "Play More Pay Less" was "Pay More Pay Less" for whatever reason, its what my eye saw.

I'd switch those two around to Pay Less, Play More.

It was a WTF moment.

This is great. A couple of small tech issues that will hopefully get resolved but otherwise I'll bookmark this for checking on a regular basis.

Interesting idea, though so far none of the deals are that incredible as many of these can be found for this price elsewhere. Still, looking forward to other things that are offered.

[quote name='DeathDream']Thought the motto "Play More Pay Less" was "Pay More Pay Less" for whatever reason, its what my eye saw.

It was a WTF moment.[/QUOTE]

Most our customers can read, so I'm not worried, but thank you!

JK, of course. Anyone else having this reaction?

[quote name='Mike@Gogamer']Most our customers can read, so I'm not worried, but thank you!

JK, of course. Anyone else having this reaction?[/QUOTE]

I thought it said Pay More Play Less.

JK, but my mind wants a comma,,,

Hmmm site just seems really slow. Other then that looking forward to some awesome cheap back titles for sure.

What does shipping start at? I can't even pretend to check out with something in my cart because the site isn't loading.

Because if its $2 or $3 I don't see many if any deals compared to what Newegg and Amazon price a lot of these games normally.

[quote name='Mike@Gogamer']Most our customers can read, so I'm not worried, but thank you!

Start a new site and then insult potential customers, great idea! I'm not even going to visit the site now.

[quote name='groundskeeper']I thought it said Pay More Play Less.

JK, but my mind wants a comma,,,[/QUOTE]

I vote for a comma as well.

[quote name='shoe478']Start a new site and then insult potential customers, great idea! I'm not even going to visit the site now.[/QUOTE]

Same here

[quote name='shoe478']Start a new site and then insult potential customers, great idea! I'm not even going to visit the site now.[/QUOTE]
Me too, also you made 2 threads, you're a pretty terrible rep.

This isnt about a deal. This should be in the general gaming thread or something since your not actually listing a deal.

Personally though I dont like it. Because of the extra shit you put in it loads slightly slower and its essentially the same thing as before only with a slightly different makeover. Its just more or less the exact same site as before, only with slightly different colors and everything smashed together even tighter It looks like a more cramped version of lamestops website in terms of layout. Hope you didnt pay someone to create this "new" site.

This whole thread feels more like a shameless plug instead of a actual one of wanting to know what people think.

And most advertisers know how to properly advertise.

No need to act like a horses ass. Pretty much guarnteed I wont bother looking at your site again until the holidays are over at the earliest. Besides dress the site up all you like what matters are your prices and gogamer has always been mediocre at best with shitty shipping prices. Customer service and cost, thats all anyone cares about in the end.

Good prices but I clicked checkout then waited for the page to load and....nothing

I give up

Interesting concept. I've never really had any issues finding games at the price point I'm looking for on gogamer.com, but I supposed a site with only games under $10 might appeal to some. Will the prices be identical on both sites? Or will you be pulling sub-$10 products from gogamer.com entirely? Might be a bit inconvenient having to check two sites now. I assume you'll have some sort of marketing push for GoGamer10 for the holidays?

Wow I'll just say it for him since I see a bunch of idiots in this thread. You're a bunch of idiots. He wasn't seriously insulting anyone. It was sarcastic humor, notice the next line where it says "JK". JK = Just Kidding.

Edit: And yeah site is way too slow. Also I dont know what you charge for shipping, hopefully it doesnt kill any deal.

And I'd change the thread title because as it's stated you're not posting a deal but looking for site feedback.

1) I agree with DeathDream. A comma would be nice there. You pick which order you put "pay less" and "play more".

2) Don't mind all the sensitive people getting on your case.

3) You need a "view all" button. I will not scroll through 10 pages of crummy PC games to get to the 10 or so gold nuggets that are in there. "10, 25, 50"? Not enough options when there's 490 games in the list. Should be "25, 100, All". Yes it's a bigger page to send, but you'll have fewer page refreshes. Should help your bandwidth issues.

4) I should be able to see my cart and shipping prices without creating an account or signing in.

5) My Gogagmer.com account? Can you make it work here, please?

6) Still no free shipping option? wtf? didn't we cover this already? :)

friendly banter, hence the "JK" for just kidding.

Obviously, I'm not retarded enough to insult the customers I'm trying to bring in.

Dry humor, guys.

[quote name='Mike@Gogamer']friendly banter, hence the "JK" for just kidding.

Obviously, I'm not retarded enough to insult the customers I'm trying to bring in.

Dry humor, guys.[/QUOTE]

And yet, it would appear that you are.

Sure, it was rude...

But I laughed.

[quote name='gcorlett']1) I agree with DeathDream. A comma would be nice there. You pick which order you put "pay less" and "play more".

2) Don't mind all the sensitive people getting on your case.

3) You need a "view all" button. I will not scroll through 10 pages of crummy PC games to get to the 10 or so gold nuggets that are in there. "10, 25, 50"? Not enough options when there's 490 games in the list. Should be "25, 100, All". Yes it's a bigger page to send, but you'll have fewer page refreshes. Should help your bandwidth issues.

4) I should be able to see my cart and shipping prices without creating an account or signing in.

5) My Gogagmer.com account? Can you make it work here, please?

6) Still no free shipping option? wtf? didn't we cover this already? :)[/QUOTE]

We're def putting the comma in there, which should show that I took that comment seriously.

Very good feedback. The IT Manager will see this if he hasn't already.

Thanks.

[quote name='Flowfaster']lol.

Wait the games are new not used right? or did I miss something?[/QUOTE]

They're new.

[quote name='gargus']This isnt about a deal. This should be in the general gaming thread or something since your not actually listing a deal.

Personally though I dont like it. Because of the extra shit you put in it loads slightly slower and its essentially the same thing as before only with a slightly different makeover. Its just more or less the exact same site as before, only with slightly different colors and everything smashed together even tighter It looks like a more cramped version of lamestops website in terms of layout. Hope you didnt pay someone to create this "new" site.

This whole thread feels more like a shameless plug instead of a actual one of wanting to know what people think.

And most advertisers know how to properly advertise.

No need to act like a horses ass. Pretty much guarnteed I wont bother looking at your site again until the holidays are over at the earliest. Besides dress the site up all you like what matters are your prices and gogamer has always been mediocre at best with shitty shipping prices. Customer service and cost, thats all anyone cares about in the end.[/QUOTE]

"A man calumniated...," as Herodotus would say.

Bookmarked the site. Looks pretty good so far, though not a whole lot different from the regular site. It didn't look as if I was able to log in using my regular gogamer account, though I might be missing something.

Slightly off topic. I've personally only had positive experiences with GoGamer. Seems a lot of people are pretty quick to grab the torches and pitchforks when it comes to gogamer.

Wow there's a lot of hate in this thread already!

Does anyone else think the site feels kind of...cramped? I like the layout of the other GoGamer site better. I'm not sure how to explain it but it just feels really weird!

Maybe it should be changed to "Crap Old Games, Crappy prices"

Won't be shopping with this site.

This is not even really a deal, more of a "Hey heres my site come buy"

Wow, I can't believe how pissy everyone is over a joke. Everything is funny until you are the target. Get your panties unbunched and laugh a little.

[quote name='bamf226']Wow, I can't believe how pissy everyone is over a joke. Everything is funny until you are the target. Get your panties unbunched and laugh a little.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm very surprised how everyone is reacting to that "JOKE." Lighten up people. Even PR Reps are allowed to have fun with their job. Especially on a site called Cheap "Ass" Gamer. A serious site wouldn't have the word "Ass" in it so you people need to stop being so damn serious. Go to slickdeals or something if you take offense.

Site works 100% fine for me on Google Chrome. Pages load quickly and efficiently. I am also running very fast internet so that may help ;)

Added a game to my cart and then went to checkout so I could see if your shipping charges have changed....and the site locked up...

This is on Firefox.

[quote name='keithp']Added a game to my cart and then went to checkout so I could see if your shipping charges have changed....and the site locked up...

This is on Firefox.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, thanks for letting me know. I apologize for the inconvenience (trite expression, but I mean it).

To everyone - this is a soft launch for the sole purpose of working out the bugs. Once we get it straightened out, we'll light it up with sweet deals.

We need to button up all the issues before we let out the mainsail. Your feedback is going directly to IT to improve the site. Thanks, guys.

[quote name='Bertyo']And yet, it would appear that you are.[/QUOTE]

Didn't mean to diss you, can I get you a tissue?

The layout reminds me of Gamestop's website, which I guess is a good thing. The site is pretty slow, but you know that already.

And don't worry, a lot of gamers always buy old games at discounted prices because we missed them when released. Don't let all the gamers in a pissy mood keep you down (Come on, can people really not see that you were being sarcastic? Lighten up mates) - You're trying to improve your site and you are taking our feedback seriously, which in turn will hopefully lead us to great deals in the future.

Thanks!

Mike@gogamer,

The biggest issue I see with the site is that none of the console specific pages are different other than colors and the thumbnails that appear to the right of the video. When I click on a tab to go to that section, I expect to see lots of stuff for that console. However, in order to actually see the games offered, I have to click on the appropriate section from the menu. As intuition goes, this doesn't work.

Make the New Arrivals, Best Sellers, etc. specific to the console for that page. Put the menu on the page so that viewers can easily get to the different sections without having to go back up to the tab.

Perhaps move the search and newsletter boxes over to the right above the deals, allowing space for the menu to be present on the left above the Conan ad. I would kill the video entirely and put the three deals beneath it in the space occupied. Run the game thumbnails on the right of the video underneath the three game deals above the New Arrivals and Best Sellers boxes.

I know you can't offer free shipping like amazon can, but a free shipping code everyonce in awhile could be good. I'd be inclined to order a cheap old game if I could get it shipped free. Not saying you have to do it often, but it could slowly increase the amount of customers that you receive.

[quote name='DeathDream']Thought the motto "Play More Pay Less" was "Pay More Pay Less" for whatever reason, its what my eye saw.

It was a WTF moment.[/QUOTE]

I actually thought the same thing. I had to read it three times before I understood it. I was like, "What does 'Pay more, pay less' mean? Am I missing something?" :D

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']I know you can't offer free shipping like amazon can, but a free shipping code everyonce in awhile could be good. I'd be inclined to order a cheap old game if I could get it shipped free. Not saying you have to do it often, but it could slowly increase the amount of customers that you receive.[/QUOTE]

While I agree with you, I would say free isn't even necessary. Something like 99 cent or 1.98 shipping would even "fix" the issue.

Wow, when did CAG turn to Cranky And Grumpy (that was good right)?

Nice website concept. However, they're not what I would call "deals" and shipping kills it.

At first when I clicked the site I thought I was at Gamestop.com. Anyways, a $10 site is nice, but the shipping always stops me from actually buying anything from GoGamer.

This also is an advertisement for the site, not an actual deal and you seem to be ignoring any comments stating that, so I'm going to assume this comment will be ignored as well.

I don't want to base my opinion on GoGamer on just you, even though you are the rep and should be making a good impression, but this comment was really not cool:

[quote name='Mike@Gogamer']friendly banter, hence the "JK" for just kidding.

Dry humor, guys.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind jokes, and I didn't think the comments you made before were all that bad, but if I ever heard an employee of any store use the word retarded like that, I would not think very highly of them. If that's what you say outside of work, that's your business, but you're trying to represent a company and this is your job, you really should think about what you say and how people can get offended by it, joking or not, it's unprofessional.

I don't plan on viewing anymore of your threads even if they are actually deals, or look for a response to this post, but maybe if enough people give you their honest opinions about the site you're representing and how treating potential customers with professionalism is a good idea, you'll think twice.

I feel if a person from a store can't give me the respect to act in a professional manner, why should I give them my business?

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']At first when I clicked the site I thought I was at Gamestop.com. Anyways, a $10 site is nice, but the shipping always stops me from actually buying anything from GoGamer.

This also is an advertisement for the site, not an actual deal and you seem to be ignoring any comments stating that, so I'm going to assume this comment will be ignored as well.

I don't want to base my opinion on GoGamer on just you, even though you are the rep and should be making a good impression, but this comment was really not cool:

I don't mind jokes, and I didn't think the comments you made before were all that bad, but if I ever heard an employee of any store use the word retarded like that, I would not think very highly of them. If that's what you say outside of work, that's your business, but you're trying to represent a company and this is your job, you really should think about what you say and how people can get offended by it, joking or not, it's unprofessional.

I don't plan on viewing anymore of your threads even if they are actually deals, or look for a response to this post, but maybe if enough people give you their honest opinions about the site you're representing and how treating potential customers with professionalism is a good idea, you'll think twice.

I feel if a person from a store can't give me the respect to act in a professional manner, why should I give them my business?[/QUOTE]

And now you guys are bitching about him calling HIMSELF retarded. WTF?

bread's done
Back