Marvel vs Capcom 3 50% off for Dead Rising 2 Amazon 360 pre-orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea i was about to post this. Also, you should still get the $10 credit from ordering dead rising 2, and then the additional 10$ credit they gave you the first time they said they were sorry the avatars didn't release with the game. So, basically you get Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for 9 bucks. Even though the only fighting game I really liked was Soul Caliber 4, I dont think I can pass this up. Now I just have to wait until April!

I dont know if this is an oversight on their part or what, but Dead Rising 2 was the only game I've ordered from them, therefore that should be th eonly way I have promotional credit.

Items: $57.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
Game Credit Applied: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$29.00

Total Before Tax: $8.99
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00

Order Total: $8.99!

also you get a $10 promotional credit toward another game, so its like getting it for free. Wow.

Yes sir! Not too shabby considering they already gave a $10 promotional credit soon after release for the inconvenience. Just took advantage of the pre-order after 50% and paying $28.99.

So yeah, if anyone has a MvC3 preorder code that they want to give up, I will gladly and appreciatively take it off your hands!

(that's if it isn't tied to your Amazon account, of course)

Not to mention, $10 promotional credit for pre-ordering MvC3. So game is really free when you take into account all credits! :whistle2:D

[quote name='hall31']If you pre-ordered Dead Rising 2, check your email. Amazon is giving all purchasers a 50% promotional code since the avatar item was delayed indefinately. Enjoy![/QUOTE]
Can someone kindly explain to us what this "avatar delay" and "inconveniency" from Amazon is about, that promted this 50% Off savings?

[quote name='hall31']Not to mention, $10 promotional credit for pre-ordering MvC3. So game is really free when you take into account all credits! :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]
No, the game is still $10

you were supposed to get some kind of costume or avatar you could play as in online mode or somehing. It wasn't a big deal really, just an added bonus for preordering.

Yep, I got one too. Also have $20 credit from Fable 3 (used my $20 Dead Rising 2 credit on Fable 3, lol).

Instant pre-order

[quote name='thefamousmoe']
Items: $57.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Game Credit Applied: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$29.00

Total Before Tax: $8.99
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00

Order Total: $8.99!

also you get a $10 promotional credit toward another game, so its like getting it for free. Wow.[/QUOTE]
You mean it's more like "they paid you $1 + the Game" since you actually get some change back after the credit.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Can someone kindly explain to us what this "avatar delay" and "inconveniency" from Amazon is about, that promted this 50% Off savings?[/QUOTE]

I know one of the items was the yellow IJIEK jacket for your avatar. I don't remember what the in-game items were. It was all probably worth around $5.

Amazon was supposed to give you some avatar clothes and a "Super Slicer" weapon. We didnt get any of it, so they gave us $10 credit for the delay. And since it's not coming period, they gave us 50% off MVC3.

Wow, I just read about this and knew there'd be a thread on it already...if anyone isn't planning on using their code, I'd gladly take it off your hands. :D

[quote name='thefamousmoe']you were supposed to get some kind of costume or avatar you could play as in online mode or somehing. It wasn't a big deal really, just an added bonus for preordering.[/QUOTE]
That's right!

You were supposed to get them Yellow Lego Blocked avatar outfits...

Dammit!

You guys are freaking lucky!

If anyone doesn't want MVC3 I'll gladly pay you $5 for the code.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Can someone kindly explain to us what this "avatar delay" and "inconveniency" from Amazon is about, that promted this 50% Off savings?[/QUOTE]From a raddom Google search on "Dead Rising 2 pre-order bonus Amazon":

[quote name='Pre-order bonus info']Pre-order with them, and you'll receive Chuck's outfit (including Servbot head) for your Xbox Live Avatar, as well as one of the new combo weapons, the super slicer. [/quote]

They've provided most people at least one $10 discount code for the delay, and some people have received more than one.

My guess is that Capcom won't deliver them and this will be the "resolution".

I don't suppose this deal would still apply for those who order Dead Rising 2 right now? Damn, you guys got lucky. I would take $10 MvC3 over avatar clothes any day. Also, when is MvC3 being released....too many games to buy this year.

Oh man, why does it have to be for 360 only? My fight stick is for the PS3. I know, looking a gift horse in the mouth and all...

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Oh man, why does it have to be for 360 only? My fight stick is for the PS3. I know, looking a gift horse in the mouth and all...[/QUOTE]
I'll buy your code off!

Assuming this is NOT tied to your account, and ONLY your account.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']I'll buy your code off![/QUOTE]Inb4 your post gets deleted. Mine just got deleted for saying the same thing lol.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Well it sucks to be me for pre-ordering Castlevania Lord of Shadows during that time instead.[/QUOTE]

Yeah +1 to that for me. I chose LoS over DR2 even tho I'm a DR2 fan more than a LoS fan... That really sucks... I've had MvC3 preordered since it was available to do so too. BAH

[quote name='Darknuke']Yeah +1 to that for me. I chose LoS over DR2 even tho I'm a DR2 fan more than a LoS fan... That really sucks... I've had MvC3 preordered since it was available to do so too. BAH[/QUOTE]
Reason I remember pre-ordering C:LoS (over DR2) was because of the $20 GC, while Amazon only offered $10 for DR2.

Apparently DR2 eventually got a $20 GC as well for the delay. Gag me!

Aww, wish they'd have made the codes for either system. I know my brother bought this and would have no use for the code. Damn. :\

Also, one thing I learned from Tatsunoko vs Capcom is that this game takes FOREVER to drop in price! It was $49.99 retail for almost 9 months before dropping to $39 and then now $29!

I'm assuming Marvel Vs Capcom 3 will eventually take much longer.

:_(

[quote name='Jodou']Aww, wish they'd have made the codes for either system. I know my brother bought this and would have no use for the code. Damn. :\[/QUOTE]
Tell your brother to look for me and post on the "peddle" thread!

Got this email as well. Pretty good resolution for the lack of promised dlc code.

-Update-
Order placed. I had $30 credit so the game was free :)

dr2360.jpg

Vs

$29-$30 off MvC3
+ $10 Gift Cert

Wow wish I kepty pre order but that would just be 2 more games in my back log till next year but props to amazon and congrats to everyone who is getting the coupon

I talked to amazon CS and they said they are still working on the DLC and they should still be getting it. They also exchanged my 50% off coupon for a flat $20 off any game. I wasnt going to get Marvel VS Capcom 3 so i have no complaints. Got a total of $30 off Dead Rising 2 in exchange for a missing or delayed piece of DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back