So, I played through Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm and absolutely loved it.

Fortune_P_Dawg

CAGiversary!
I did. I didn't think I would, but I did. I'm not a fan of anime (in general), I've not read the manga, and up until this game came along I knew nothing about Naruto.

I don't know what it was. The game is bright, colorful, fast, animated, and has a sense of whimsy that isn't common in most games today. I felt like I was playing an episode of an early-90's Saturday morning cartoon. The characters are fun, and the music is catchy with electric guitar riffs that wouldn't be out of place in an episode Captain Planet from 1991. Sure the combat/platforming isn't exactly deep, but in my opinion, for what the game was it didn't need to be. The (very) light RPG elements help keep me addicted as well.

I'm 27 years old and am trying my damndest to not be ashamed of completely digging this game, I feel like I'm too old. I was going to ask my fiance for the sequel for Christmas but was too ashamed (I asked for NBA Jam instead) so I traded in Final Fantasy XIII and Enslaved: Odyssey to help fund my purchase. Haha.

I also enjoyed it and will be 20 years old in a few days. I also like the manga though, lolz.

I already have the sequel ordered from Amazon but unfortunately its back ordered and won't be here until later this month.It looks amazing but I wish they kept in the button mash scenes in the versus mode. They made up for it with similar cut scenes in the boss fights and putting in "awakenings" so its somewhat of a decent trade off.

I prefer the 1st one over the 2nd one. 1st one has a lot of things going for it (minus the lack of online match). Local match with friends are so much fun. Best $30 I spent on a ps3 game

I was so impressed with the visuals when it first came out, but I never watched the show so I didn't intend on getting it. Might have to check it out.

Awakening are basically the same as the first one. Only the main characters have cool ones, like Naruto turning into the fox tails, while the "other" characters just have stat buffs with easier guard breaks.

Button mashing sequence and long ougi's were removed because 10+ sec long cutscene during an online match somebody my might quit would be SUPER rage inducing, and lag for the button mashing.

As long as you don't go outside and shout SHADOW CLONE JUTSU, you shouldn't be ashamed...it's a great game.

I had a blast with Rise of a Ninja on the 360 and I'm not a hardcore fan either. Glad to hear this is also of high quality even for non-fans.

bread's done
Back