Xbox 360 2010 Holiday Bundle w/Forza 3 and Alan Wake $299

Glad to see they are including Alan Wake in this bundle. It's a very underrated game one of the most overlooked titles of the year.

[quote name='Wargamer']I was going to buy a 360 this weekend. Now I'll wait. Any ETA on it?[/QUOTE]

I'd imagine that now that it's November, the release is imminent. A week or two tops. Of course, the real deal will be on Black Friday when this same bundle will get some more added to it from various retailers.

[quote name='mrosnwo']I'd imagine that now that it's November, the release is imminent. A week or two tops. Of course, the real deal will be on Black Friday when this same bundle will get some more added to it from various retailers.[/QUOTE]
I don't do Black Friday. I'm handicapped on a wheelchair and I've had a bad experience on Black Fridays. People go crazy.

[quote name='Wargamer']I don't do Black Friday. I'm handicapped on a wheelchair and I've had a bad experience on Black Fridays. People go crazy.[/QUOTE]Last year, Amazon pretty much matched or beat the bundles that Walmart, GS, Best Buy or Target had for their holiday bundles, so keep an eye out for them when the BF deals start to get revealed.

[quote name='shrike4242']Last year, Amazon pretty much matched or beat the bundles that Walmart, GS, Best Buy or Target had for their holiday bundles, so keep an eye out for them when the BF deals start to get revealed.[/QUOTE]

I guess that would be a good option. Cool thing is amazon doesn't charge taxes here. :D

Seems like a decent bundle. I would upgrade my fat Xbox 360 to this, but I already have Alan Wake from Kmart and Forza 3 doesn't interest me since it was offered before.

[quote name='Wargamer']I guess that would be a good option. Cool thing is amazon doesn't charge taxes here. :D[/QUOTE]

I'd definitely wait a bit longer...Black friday may have some good system deals (although last year I remember it more having full price systems with extra games/accessories packed in which sold out rather quickly) but there will likely be some gift card promos (last year walmart was giving $100 gift cards with the purchase of a 360 arcade), before and after thanksgiving, which might result in a better outcome (either extra games from the availability of the holiday bundle plus a gift card to buy a game you definitely want vs. some game you got packed in that you really don't care about.)

I wish the 360 bundles came with the new controller with the improved d-pad :(

My 360 just RROD out of warranty and I want to replace it... but at this point I might just wait for the next gen.

[quote name='ZildjianKX']I wish the 360 bundles came with the new controller with the improved d-pad :(

My 360 just RROD out of warranty and I want to replace it... but at this point I might just wait for the next gen.[/QUOTE]

Next Gen is a good 3 years away still.

The Alan wake is good, but Forza 3 is CRAP they have a new version coming out with all DLC Forza 3 Ultimate Collection, if they would have included that then this would be a good deal.

Alan Wake is AMAZING. Unfortunately, this is the DOWNLOADABLE version, so it does NOT include the first DLC for free like the retail version. Boo on Microsoft for not including the DLC.

im in the market for new 360. dunno if i should bite on this or the kinect bundle....dont really care for either of these games being offered.

Last years holiday deal of CoD MW2 LE Xbox, Assassins Creed 2, and Dragon Age Origins was the best IMO.

I'd love to see something like that, minus people fucking it for everyone else by ordering 10 of each game.

Quick question: if a buy a holiday bundle now (xbox, wii or ps3), and on black friday they decided to add something on top of the bundle (gift card, extra game etc), can I request them to "price adjust" and give me the extra stuff?

[quote name='Davivascaino']Quick question: if a buy a holiday bundle now (xbox, wii or ps3), and on black friday they decided to add something on top of the bundle (gift card, extra game etc), can I request them to "price adjust" and give me the extra stuff?[/QUOTE]

I think some stores exclude black friday adjustments.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Seems like a decent bundle. I would upgrade my fat Xbox 360 to this, but I already have Alan Wake from Kmart and Forza 3 doesn't interest me since it was offered before.[/QUOTE]

Then sell the extras. Alan Wake is $40 retail for the disk and Forza 3 standard is $30 retail so you could probably make like $50 or so selling those on CAG, etc.

[quote name='pun123']The Alan wake is good, but Forza 3 is CRAP they have a new version coming out with all DLC Forza 3 Ultimate Collection, if they would have included that then this would be a good deal.[/QUOTE]

Good luck finding that before Christmas. Turn 10 last week finally said that the UC is a soft release, meaning it won't be sent to stores until each individual store sells out of standard Forza 3 copies. Only a select few in Europe/Australia have been able to get it so far. People are PISSED on the Turn 10 forums and demanding they make the exclusive DLC (90 minute Top Gear vid, a Top Gear-themed car pack, and a premium theme) available seperately like they did with the VIP Pack that was originally just for those that bought the Gamestop exclusive CE.

Yep, starts shipping No. 5th. What kind of deals were on the holiday bundle last year? I know the arcade had a $100 GC at Walmart and $100 off on Amazon, but what about the holiday bundle? Need a new system but dunno if I should wait or not on this one.

[quote name='zizo79']sold out[/QUOTE]
? In stock now at Amazon...they removed the Halo Reach Bundle from the systems page though. It said ships November 5th earlier, but now says it is in stock and shipping.

[quote name='Wargamer']Amazon has it for sale now:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0047Y9BGE/amazon0b53-20/

I wonder if I should jump in and buy it before it goes out of stock or wait for Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

These holiday bundles don't usually run out for a while, although it sometimes takes a while for them to work their way through retail (some stores might be slow to put them out if they have lots 360s with no games bundled with them)....although with all the different 360 SKUs MS is putting out this season (plain arcade, holiday bundle, arcade bundle with kinect, elite bundle with kinect plus the pre-holiday bundle elite 360s already out there), it may not be as cut and dried for on supply this year....There will be plenty of 360s out there, but its a question of what kind, depending on the interest and demand for kinect (ie, does it pull in new 360 owners or does it only appeal to existing 360 owners, which means there will be tons of kinect bundles not moving this holiday season.)

[quote name='K_G']These holiday bundles don't usually run out for a while, although it sometimes takes a while for them to work their way through retail (some stores might be slow to put them out if they have lots 360s with no games bundled with them)....although with all the different 360 SKUs MS is putting out this season (plain arcade, holiday bundle, arcade bundle with kinect, elite bundle with kinect plus the pre-holiday bundle elite 360s already out there), it may not be as cut and dried for on supply this year....There will be plenty of 360s out there, but its a question of what kind, depending on the interest and demand for kinect (ie, does it pull in new 360 owners or does it only appeal to existing 360 owners, which means there will be tons of kinect bundles not moving this holiday season.)[/QUOTE]

I don't care for Kinect bundles because I can't use it. As I said before in the topic, I'm handicapped and wheelchair bound, Kinect is a no wheelchair zone.:bomb:
I am still pondering if to go play it save and buy it sooner than later.

So what do you guys think ? deal or no deal ? Did Amazon have a good deal on the 360 last year (I don't remember)?

[quote name='zizo79']So what do you guys think ? deal or no deal ? Did Amazon have a good deal on the 360 last year (I don't remember)?[/QUOTE]

My opinion, deal because it's 2 free games. There will be better deals however, later this month. Pretty sure Amazon had a good BF deal, but I can't recall what it was. Have a strange feeling they may try and gear more of the BF deals towards Kinect bundles this year, but that's just me.

My initial reaction to this was:

Damn, now I need to hurry up and finish Alan Wake before its resale value tanks.

Now, knowing its a download only code, I'm not as worried.

For those of you looking for a new 360 though it looks like a great deal.

[quote name='Wargamer']I don't care for Kinect bundles because I can't use it. As I said before in the topic, I'm handicapped and wheelchair bound, Kinect is a no wheelchair zone.:bomb:
I am still pondering if to go play it save and buy it sooner than later.[/QUOTE]

Understood, but what i was getting at in previous years, MS only had to worry about its 360 hardware mix of being X% arcade/Y% Elites, and this year it is much more complicated with the kinect bundles in the mix, and if MS guesses wrong on the product mix this year, then some versions of the 360 might be harder to find than others...But pre thanksgiving, I don't think anyone should have any problems.

LOL Forza 3? Aren't they like a year late with this bundle?

Alan Wake is a great game though, however.

Alan Wake + Halo Reach would sell many, many more bundles, not sure what Microsoft is thinking.
Especially if Gran Turismo 5 comes out before the holidays, and Sony has a bundle with GT5.

Will bite if there is a different bundle on Amazon on BF, for $300 that includes 2 great games, and a video game credit of some sort like they did with my InFamous + Killzone 2 PS3 Slim bundle I got from them on BF.

[quote name='Wargamer']I guess that would be a good option. Cool thing is amazon doesn't charge taxes here. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree to wait and see what they do. Last year right around this time Amazon had a pre black friday special where they gave a $100 credit with the purchase of a 360 Arcade. I've subsequently added a HD that I got pretty cheaply from dealextreme.com so for around $160 investment I have a 360 with 250GB. And no taxes like you say. Hopefully they will do something similar this year.

I was hoping this bundle would be better. I am looking to replace my older 360 this holiday season, but I already have AlanWake and Forza3. Hopefully a retailer will have an awesome deal on just a 250gb 360 for bf.

[quote name='natiev']I was hoping this bundle would be better. I am looking to replace my older 360 this holiday season, but I already have AlanWake and Forza3. Hopefully a retailer will have an awesome deal on just a 250gb 360 for bf.[/QUOTE]
Or hopefully they will throw in a gift card ...

[quote name='redshadow']Last years holiday deal of CoD MW2 LE Xbox, Assassins Creed 2, and Dragon Age Origins was the best IMO.

I'd love to see something like that, minus people fucking it for everyone else by ordering 10 of each game.[/QUOTE]
I have that COD MW2 LE Xbox 360 System- for sale right now

bread's done
Back